619 replies to this topic

#21 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:48 AM

this will be a disappointment after last night's game

Only game two and here come the naysayers...

Will we be down a bit after the openner, and the Hawks will be more determined, or do we have confidence and momentum?. Those top three Hawk lines still have some force to them. This is going to be a good series this year.

Seriously? Thomas Kopecky is on their first line. hahhahhaha
Do or do not. There is no try

#22 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

Posted Image

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:46 AM

Seriously? Thomas Kopecky is on their first line. hahhahhaha

And Pisani on their second.

They have four good forwards, we have 12.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#24 AARedWingFan

AARedWingFan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

With all the years of shooting on Turco in practice, Modano will know what to do. Modano for the win! :siren:

Go Wings!!! GO Blue!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

The thing that scares me is that there is no reason the Wings should lose this game. They have the confidence, the skill, the experience and the momentum. It all hinges on Osgood. The rest of the team looked like they were really having fun last night. The lines are clicking, they have confidence individually, and they're all healthy and they look 10x better on the ice than last season.

Osgood is the unknown variable here. A good game will do a lot to restore his reputation. I think with the excitement and the motivation the team has right means they won't be inconsistent like last year. We'll see a lot more winning streaks and less half-ass efforts. Virtually everyone on the Wings has something to prove and we should see it.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:19 AM

Stupid schedule... chicago rested last night while wings played a high tempo physical game... dunno how this game will turned out... i havent been confident in osgood since the 2008 cup run to be honest :(

CORE versus stacked team... i'm gonna say wings win but it will be a close one

Edited by mindfly, 09 October 2010 - 09:19 AM.

#27 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

Historical Record
Road
This is the 2866th Road regular season game played. The Club’s record in the previous 2865 games:

1016 Wins
1389 Losses
425 Ties
1 Regulation Tie
21 Overtime Losses
13 Shootout Losses.

Road Opener
This is the 84th Road Opener played. The Club’s record in the previous 83 games:

25W-42L-15T-0OTL-1SOL.

In their last 10 Road Openers, the Club’s record:

8W-1L-0OTL-1SOL.

This is the 12th Road Opener vs. Chicago. The Club’s record in the previous 11 games:

3W-4L-3T-0OTL-1SOL.

Road Trips This Season
1-game: 10
2-game: 4
3-game: 3
4-game: 1
5-game: 2.

Current Streaks
Season Streaks
Overall: 1W.

Historical Openers
Road: 1-game losing streak.

Historical Streaks vs. Chicago
Overall: 2-game winning streak
Road: 2-game winning streak.

Last Ten Games
Last Ten Games - Regular Season
Overall: 1W.

Last Ten Games - Historical vs. Chicago
Overall: 5W-4L-0OTL-1SOL
Road: 5W-4L-0OTL-1SOL

On This Date
October 9.
This is the 21st game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 20 games:

9W-8L-3T.

This is the 3rd Road Opener played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 2 games:

0W-2L.

LGW.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#28 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

Can we maybe have Franzen be scratched for this game. Just saying... October... Chicago.... History is not on our side here.

On another note. Hope Oz has a great game and gets some help in front of him. He could use the confidence builder.

Yeupp. Works both ways. The team has to back him up just like he has to back them up. :thumbup:

Edited by Vladifan, 09 October 2010 - 09:52 AM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#29 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

The Wings can win this game for a couple of reasons. 1) Turco 2) The Hawks are going to be tense and hyper beyond belief because of the banner-raising. The pressure is on them.

And the pressure is NOT just on Ozzie for the Wings. The Wings' TEAM as a whole has to come through. And they can.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:04 AM

For a team in such "alleged" financial turmoil, it's going to cost Chicago a pretty penny for the cardboard cutouts of former players to make that banner ceremony look decent.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 RedOrDead

RedOrDead

The Scorpion

• 48 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:10 AM

i thoughht it was gonna be a hard game but looking at the CHI lineup... wings 3 CHI 1

#32 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Only game two and here come the naysayers...

huh?

#33 Winged_Wheeler

Winged_Wheeler

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:11 AM

Alright Wings, time to light Turco up again!

#34 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

I really hope the team shows up for Osgood tonight. I'm hoping he has a great season and very happy to see him in net tonight. For now good for Babcock giving him a fair chance.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#35 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

Here's to Ozzie having a great game.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#36 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

Lastnight I saw a different edge to our game. An edge that had been missing for awhile, I haven't seen this team as determined since the 2008 season. The Wings looked hungry lastnight and I think that will carry over tonight in Chicago. I personally think the best medicine for this team is having to watch Chicago raise a banner.

I was impressed at they way the Wings played lastnight, it wasn't one of those we got a 4-0 lead lets just sit back, they kept putting pressure on the Ducks. They outshot the Ducks 21-6 in the third period. I know the Ducks bring the best out in the Wings, but so does Chicago. I expect the boys to be ready to send the Chicago fans home upset, AGAIN!! GO WINGS!!

#37 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:07 AM

Kopec's really playing on their first line? Ha. Two shutouts to start the season! GO WINGS!
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:27 AM

Anyone wanna bet that the usual Hawk trolls will be nowhere to be found if the Wings win, but will come in full force in the event of a Hawks win?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#39 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

Well.. I wasnt sure if I wanted to make predictions this year because my luck with them has kinda bounced around over the seasons.. but my prediction yesterday was for Ericsson to thrash Perry.. so.. close enough :thumbup:

Prediction for this game:

Wings 4 - Cleary, Franzen, Holmstrom, Rafalski
Hawks 2 - Hossa, Kane

LETS GO WINGS!

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#40 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:29 AM

that's what trolls do

so yeah