• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gnredwing

I hate the Ducks

Rate this topic

I would have been upset had Pasha gotten hurt, but the fact the Perry couldn't even beat him in a fight is hilarious, not to mention pathetic on his part. I would be ashamed if i was a Ducks fan.

Edited by Jaymister

Guest mjtm77

ha Perry lost to dats what a *****. He has a big mouth for someone that cant even beat up Dats

As a swedish citizen I also think there is just too much goonery going on in the ducks, but if you look at it and being objective.. what are they gonna do, their team is full of typical "good ol canadian boys" and this is how they play when everything goes against them... crosby does the same with zetterberg, perry can't handle datsyuk.. it's their way of showing frustration... and let's be honest, what else are they gonna do, they knew they didn't have the skill to match detroit so they tried to put them off their game by gooning it up but as we saw it didn't work - at all... they must have a plan B that's not GOON IT UP BOYS.

I don't mean to start a flame war or anything but I was just thinking about this the other day. But oh man, I gotta be careful when airing these thoughts. Okay, here goes. I don't know Canadian culture and I don't know the Canadian system of hockey school. But does the culture encourage players to act like what we label as a "sore loser" when the game doesn't go your way?

Perry a supposed tough guy gets beat up in a fight he initiated against a 3 time Bing winner who has never fought before?

Pathetic.

I don't know if you're a lawyer/political figure or would like to be one day but this is an extremely POWERFUL ending statement. Well done. :thumbup:

The Ducks fans that lurk around here had to be pouting after they read that. My goodness.

Datsyuk stood up for Zetterberg, who was the intended target.
Let's be honest here, it's not really like they went after Zetterberg completely unprovoked.
It's not nearly as one-sided as we make it out to be.

Watch what Zetterberg does at 0.11.

Had that been a Ducks player we would all have been all over it.
We'd probably call it a blindside hit. Maybe an elbow. A long way away from the play.

I don't mean to start a flame war or anything but I was just thinking about this the other day. But oh man, I gotta be careful when airing these thoughts. Okay, here goes. I don't know Canadian culture and I don't know the Canadian system of hockey school. But does the culture encourage players to act like what we label as a "sore loser" when the game doesn't go your way?

I wouldn't say taught to be a sore loser, but you are taught to play very physical hockey. If you watch a Canadian hockey game from Bantam upwards it is very physical and not rare to be pretty dirty. The way that every bum town in the middle of nowhere in Canada has a team, you often play in the same league year after year against kids you don't like and you've met at parties etc and games are just played way rougher then what you see in the NHL. Canadian hockey is just rougher in general

It would seem like the Ducks are trying to be the Broad Street Bullies of this era, just without the same level of fighters. = Fail!

Regarding Perry, for mostly picking on non-fighters and smaller guys, Perry doesn't win much. The only one I recall was when he attacked Rafalski from the blind-side in his usual classless manner

I remember the video telling Datsyuk he was going to get it. He sounded like a pre-pubescent school boy - would hardly strike the desired fear into the opponents.

Edited by BigWinston

Guest scottj

lol that's definitely interference but it does not look like a head shot to me

his elbow looks too low to be a head shot... looked more like a hit to the chest

Zetterberg made a dirty play and the ducks simply tried to make him pay for it.

I saw it the first time I saw the fight vid. Yes, it's interference, but I don't think it's that dirty. It's a typical hockey play, even thought they call it a penalty (to keep it from getting too out of hand) A lot of guys in the league would really have totally unloaded on that guy, a hell of a lot more so that Z did. Noboy in their right mind lolly gags thru the neutral zone not looking where they are going.

Interference or not, it's a given somebody is going to knock your block off. You can't Figure Skate thru the neutral zone without paying for it. Just like football; you can't cross the middle in front of the linebacker without him tryng to make you pay the price.

If it were a Kronwall hit, then that would have been on Don Cherry and a complete line brawl would have broken out.

I'm not being a Homer, it's just an observation. (Remember, I'm the one who caught hell from LGW for saying that Hudler should not have been admiring his pass just before that guy laid him out a couple season ago- no Red colored glasses here.)

Edit: That being said, I totally agree with your premise with a slight modification; Expect to get blinsided if you try to cross the neutral zone with your head down; and expect to get jumped if your the guy makeing the hit on the figure skater. That's hockey.

Edited by T.Low

Ducks with two goals in three games.

0-3. Their top line is going to end up with more fights than points if they keep this up.

nah two goals they had one in the nashville game too

and lol ducks got outshot 53-14 by the blues today :blink:

Guest Howard He Do It?!

This game must have taken forever to finish.

1st Period

Anaheim hooking - 2 min 7:14, P. Mara

2nd Period

Anaheim fighting - 5 min 3:03, K. Chipchura

St. Louis fighting - 5 min 3:03, R. Reaves

St. Louis game misconduct - 10 min 3:03, R. Reaves

St. Louis holding the stick - 2 min 4:54, D. Perron

Anaheim tripping - 2 min 6:35, T. Selanne

Anaheim hooking - 2 min 8:00, S. Koivu

St. Louis slashing - 2 min 11:16, M. D'Agostini

Anaheim roughing - 2 min 13:23, G. Parros

Anaheim fighting - 5 min 17:00, B. Ryan served by J. Blake

Anaheim roughing - 2 min 17:00, R. Getzlaf served by J. Blake

Anaheim roughing - 2 min 17:00, P. Mara

Anaheim game misconduct - 10 min 17:00, P. Mara

Anaheim instigator - 2 min 17:00, B. Ryan

Anaheim misconduct - 10 min 17:00, B. Ryan

Anaheim roughing - 2 min 17:00, C. Perry

Anaheim roughing - 2 min 17:00, C. Perry

St. Louis roughing - 2 min 17:00, B. Jackman

St. Louis roughing - 2 min 17:00, B. Boyes

St. Louis roughing - 2 min 17:00, B. Jackman

St. Louis roughing - 2 min 17:00, D. Perron

3rd Period

St. Louis unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 6:48, B. Crombeen

Anaheim unsportsmanlike conduct - 2 min 6:48, T. Bodie

St. Louis fighting - 5 min 9:44, E. Brewer

Anaheim fighting - 5 min 9:44, A. Voros

St. Louis instigator - 2 min 9:44, E. Brewer served by M. D'Agostini

St. Louis misconduct - 10 min 9:44, E. Brewer

Anaheim roughing - 2 min 11:59, M. Beleskey

St. Louis roughing - 2 min 11:59, B. Winchester

St. Louis misconduct - 10 min 11:59, B. Winchester

St. Louis fighting - 5 min 11:59, E. Johnson

Anaheim roughing - 2 min 11:59, S. Brookbank

Anaheim misconduct - 10 min 11:59, S. Brookbank

Anaheim fighting - 5 min 11:59, B. Mikkelson

St. Louis holding - 2 min 14:30, T. Oshie

Anaheim roughing - 2 min 17:06, C. Fowler

Anaheim slashing - 2 min 18:20, C. Perry

Just checked out the highlights from the Blues game...wow, I know its only 3 games in but their D was terrible on most of the goals, not to mention 2 goals came around 10 seconds apart followed by a SH goal on a shocking turnover.

THIS TEAM ROCKS... JUST RESERVED MY SEATS FOR THE FINALS AT THE PONDA SEE U IN THE POSTSEASON GUYS!!

lol but seriously... i knew ducks where gonna suck this year... but ouch,.... lolz ^_^

Edited by Duck Guy