• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sleepwalker

Superimposed ads on the glass

Rate this topic

TBH I couldn't tell you what advertisers are on the dasher boards. I don't understand why businesses believe that putting their ads on the boards are going to get people to use/buy their business/products. However, if it does help revenue for the teams (dasher board ads) I'm all for it. It doesn't distract me at all from the game.

I loved going to bull fights in Madrid. Before the event there are ads up all along and around the arena, but prior to it beginning they will literally take every single one down.

You'd be amazed at the change - we've become so used to it, but without the ads it is like you are transported back decades in time. Tough to explain how it can make such a difference, but I just loved that aspect of it. No distractions, no fluff - just the event you paid to see.

If you don't like it find a way to get into contact with fsn Detroit and make your opinion heard. bitching about it on here wont change anything.

god thats such a stupid response. i guess all team related threads should be closed because it doesn't matter what any of us think since we aren't the coach or GM.

god thats such a stupid response. i guess all team related threads should be closed because it doesn't matter what any of us think since we aren't the coach or GM.

Can we please have the minus button back? Now I have to think of something intelligent to say.

Ok, here goes. If FSD is the entity in charge of making the decision, then it would make sense to contact them with feedback. It could make a difference.

Those people that make the bags of chips that sound like they're going to break in a moment's notice have stopped making them the only bag they package their chips in because people have complained.

Start a petition, write letters or organize a protest. Do what you must to change things.

Can we please have the minus button back? Now I have to think of something intelligent to say.

Ok, here goes. If FSD is the entity in charge of making the decision, then it would make sense to contact them with feedback. It could make a difference.

Those people that make the bags of chips that sound like they're going to break in a moment's notice have stopped making them the only bag they package their chips in because people have complained.

Start a petition, write letters or organize a protest. Do what you must to change things.

guess what another great way to get things started would be? perhaps going on a red wings message board to share your opinion and see what others think?

naw, thats obviously absurd.

disregard the fact that message boards are meant for discussion. why would we ever want to do something so silly?!?!?!

i didn't start the thread, so i really don't care, but i certainly respect the OP for his opinion.

if you don't like the thread, just ignore it. or i guess you could continue to be an ******* about it...

The ads were on the glass at the end of last season for sure, and probably before then too. I agree with some of the other posts here--they don't bother me because I'd rather focus on the action on the ice than whats on the glass (unless it's the opposing team's face smashed into the glass)! :hehe:

The teams aren't doing it, Fox sports and the other stations are doing it. Neither the teams nor the NHL get any of that money. It goes to the station.

Are you sure about that? It is just my guess but I would think that the NHL would have say over whether or not broadcasters can superimpose ads on their games and they surely wouldn't allow it with out getting their cut.