17 replies to this topic

#1 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hmmmmm...

I think I like Hossa a little more, he has been quoted giving Pavs props for teaching him the Houdini "take-a-way" technique. Kane has said that Pav is his favorite player, but Kane is still a ****** bag.

My link

#2 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:45 PM

281 views and 0 replies... really? No one has anything to say about this? I thought it was interesting that Hossa would txt Dats about it. It sort of moved Hossa up a notch in my book. My bad.

#3 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hossa is a boss

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#4 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:22 PM

I'd like to see Datsyuk fight Kane. :thumbup:
Posted Image

#5 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

Texting former teammates must take up most of Hossa's time.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#6 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

Texting former teammates must take up most of Hossa's time.

Hahaha. I like how players can joke around like that, regardless of what team they're on.

#7 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

I love Hossa. I loved his fight against Suter in '09. I loved Datsyuk's fight. I love that he loved Datsyuk's fight. I love Datsyuk, and I (still and always will) love Hossa. :wub:

Edited by wingnut40, 09 October 2010 - 03:54 PM.

Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#8 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

I dont really have anything against the hawk players, and i really like a few of them like hossa and kane...i just cant stand their fans. So this is pretty cool to read. Kane may be arrogant, immature and like to beat up cab drivers, but atleast he shows respect like he did here...and hossa, well what can you really say, the guy is just awesome all around.

#9 crispychris

crispychris

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:26 PM

I don't like hossa for this reason. I was at game 7 of the SCF in 09', when he was on the ice all I did was watch him.I thought he was gonna play like he would never lace em up again. He looked like it was some pre-season game. He did not skate hard to loose pucks, did not back check hard, did not play the body. He did NOTHING!!!!! With all that was being said in the media, him leaving the berg to come to Detroit and the fact that it was GAME 7 OF THE STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!!!!!!! I don't care if your arm hurts, if your knee is torn up, your mom just died, you gotta sell out on every shift. You HAVE to go all out. And he played like a coward. For this he sucks.

Edited by crispychris, 09 October 2010 - 05:38 PM.

#10 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

I dont really have anything against the hawk players, and i really like a few of them like hossa and kane...i just cant stand their fans. So this is pretty cool to read. Kane may be arrogant, immature and like to beat up cab drivers, but atleast he shows respect like he did here...and hossa, well what can you really say, the guy is just awesome all around.

This.

also, Kane seems to always compliment Datsyuk's game, even last year after Datsyuk scored that amazing shootout goal on Niemi he was complimentary of the move after the game. I still hate Chicago but aside from a few players I dislike on the team, they got a few classy guys.

#11 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:12 PM

Hossa was a perfect fit for this team with his both end play.
Too bad that salary issues didn't allow Wings to have both him and the mule :ranting:

#12 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:37 PM

I texted him, no fighting tonight, Hossa said with a smile

Translation: Please don't beat me up tonight. :lol:

Really dig that Hossa gave him props though. I remember his fight 2 seasons ago when he wore the Winged Wheel and I felt like he really deserved props for that. He probably was jealous Pav remembered to tie his jersey down and he forgot to :P

#13 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Translation: Please don't beat me up tonight. :lol:

Really dig that Hossa gave him props though. I remember his fight 2 seasons ago when he wore the Winged Wheel and I felt like he really deserved props for that. He probably was jealous Pav remembered to tie his jersey down and he forgot to :P

I remember that fight. It was the night of my dad's funeral, and I yelled into the kitchen to my mom that Hossa was fighting and she left all my knitting, southern redneck aunts to run in and watch a hockey fight. Then she went back and was all, "Oh, I just don't like it when they fight. I get so worried that one of them will get hurt. We just got that Hossa boy this year. I really like him..." My aunts thought she was nuts.

I don't think that anyone who has played with or against Datsyuk can help but be in awe of him.

#14 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

I agree its not the players that make it a rivalry its the fanbase of the Blackhawks. They have sucked for soooooooooooooo many years, and they have a little bit of success and think they created hockey or something. And the Detroit sucks chants annoy the hell out of me, especially when we are kicking their asses.

I'm glad that Hossa is still close to the Wings players, he is one of my all time favorites. I'm happy he got a cup finally.

#15 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:30 AM

Hossa was a perfect fit for this team with his both end play.
Too bad that salary issues didn't allow Wings to have both him and the mule :ranting:

I've always been fuzzy about this. It was my understanding we offered him basically what Chicago offered him, but he bolted anyway.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#16 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

As I remember it, we basically had the money to sign him OR Franzen, and Franzen agreed a long-term deal first. I hold no ill-will towards Hossa, he had a terrific regular season, was *this* close to winning the cup, we simply didn't have the cap space to keep him.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#17 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

I've always been fuzzy about this. It was my understanding we offered him basically what Chicago offered him, but he bolted anyway.

As I remember it, we basically had the money to sign him OR Franzen, and Franzen agreed a long-term deal first. I hold no ill-will towards Hossa, he had a terrific regular season, was *this* close to winning the cup, we simply didn't have the cap space to keep him.

I couldn't get the exact numbers, but the 'Hawks were definitely able to offer Hossa more than the Wings. Something in the range of $12 mil +. The common school of thought is that it was one or the other. Would've loved to have kept Hossa around, but I'll take Franzen any day.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#18 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 11:28 AM

lol i misread the title. Thought it said "Wings' Datsyuk has fight with fan" i was like WTF has gotten into Pasha.