• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Booster313

Light Blue Wings Jersey

Rate this topic

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

That is one of the ugliest sports jerseys I've ever seen. We're the Red Wings. There's no room for blue there.

but the wings are in "detroit". you know..the motor city. big automobile operation where they make "Blue" automobiles

you also have the detroit Lions...4 time NFL Champions. uniforms are what colour? anyone? anyone? thats right.. "Blue"!

and then you have the Detroit Pistons. 3 time nba champions. what colour are their unis? whats that? anyone? anyone? thats right..."Blue"

quote: it just so happens i just watched ferris buellers day off so thats where the anyone anyone factors in..aha

ugly jerseys yes but maybe they wanted all the sports franchises in detroit to be blue.. lol

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i like the last pic on that page. babcock standing there is pretty funny.

I was kind of thinking it must be a cardboard cutout of Babs, because why would he be up in the stands during warmups?

But then, this leads to the question of why on earth someone would make or obtain a lifesize cardboard cutout of Mike Babcock and bring it to a game. :blink:

Edited by Jenny

the baby blue red wings jerseys were made by starter and were sold between 1996 and 1998 when starter had the rights to make replica jerseys for the whole league, and the on ice pro jerseys for a few teams.

they came out along with the black jerseys that way more people know about.

theyre definitely ugly as hell, but i wouldnt mind having one 14 years later, since they're pretty rare.

that hockey fail blog states that they were probably a practice jersey, but thats definitely not the case. they were just some bulls*** starter started selling along with the black jersey.

i remember baby blue being a really popular color back then with the kids. half the kids in my middle school had a north carolina tar heels jersey or baby blue fubu jersey of some kind.

i was 12 when these came out, and i really wanted either a baby blue or black kozlov starter jersey, and went with the black one.

which was a good call, because i would have felt like a dick if i rocked the baby blue in 9th grade in 1999, but the black never let me down.

29qnwr5.jpg

i also got somewhat of a jersey foul made in 1997 when i saved up for this bad boy:

35iu6mg.jpg

35i8vhs.jpg

but the wings are in "detroit". you know..the motor city. big automobile operation where they make "Blue" automobiles

you also have the detroit Lions...4 time NFL Champions. uniforms are what colour? anyone? anyone? thats right.. "Blue"!

and then you have the Detroit Pistons. 3 time nba champions. what colour are their unis? whats that? anyone? anyone? thats right..."Blue"

quote: it just so happens i just watched ferris buellers day off so thats where the anyone anyone factors in..aha

ugly jerseys yes but maybe they wanted all the sports franchises in detroit to be blue.. lol

But the wings are also "red". The Red Wings can be either white or red... black is very iffy for me and this blue abomination... I don't really know what I'd do if I saw one... probably dye it red with the wearer's blood.

I was kind of thinking it must be a cardboard cutout of Babs, because why would he be up in the stands during warmups?

But then, this leads to the question of why on earth someone would make or obtain a lifesize cardboard cutout of Mike Babcock and bring it to a game. :blink:

i have no idea about nhl games, but as a former season ticket holder for an ahl team, it was a regular occurrence for coaches to watch warmups in the stands. usually they were in their own end watching their guys, but sometimes they would be at the opposite end watching the opposing team.

i could definitely see it being less important in the nhl where you have much better scouting and video capabilities; but it wouldn't surprise me to see a coach watching warmups either.

Fifth picture down: http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Jersey-Fouls-Wings-Penguins-battle-in-the-Stan?urn=nhl-168336

Not sure why you'd actually want to look at that abomination. :hehe:

Someone actually wore one to Griffins opening night. I pointed it out to my girlfriend who had never seen one. Needless to say, she recoiled in horror.

i remember baby blue being a really popular color back then with the kids. half the kids in my middle school had a north carolina tar heels jersey or baby blue fubu jersey of some kind.

Nice to know it wasn't just my school. Having said that, I can't pretend like I didn't save up and get a Tar Heels basketball jersey.

And - at least you admit that the 97 Champs jersey is a foul. The first step toward recovery is admitting there's a problem. Honestly, though, I think you get a pass based purely on excitement for that '97 Cup.

They also made a gray Starter Red Wings jersey. I have the blue, gray, and black ones, and ironically they are the only ones that fit me, my red Yzerman jersey shrunk at the dry cleaners and has never been the same since. So don't be surprised if you see a black Wings jersey in Feb when the Wings play in Tampa.

Even if you combine the Lions, Pistons, and Tigers championships, they still don't have as much as the Red Wings.

They also made a gray Starter Red Wings jersey. I have the blue, gray, and black ones, and ironically they are the only ones that fit me, my red Yzerman jersey shrunk at the dry cleaners and has never been the same since. So don't be surprised if you see a black Wings jersey in Feb when the Wings play in Tampa.

Post a picture of the gray one! And wear the blue just for grins.