• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jusek

Andreas Lilja to Anaheim

Rate this topic

I don't know why theres such a love fest for Lilja. I remember in like 07' everyone use to hate him. Then all of a sudden the year after we won the Cup everyone started lovin' the guy.

Not quite. We still hated him even after they won the cup. But in 08-09 he started to play very, very well. That is, for his standards. He looked like a top-4 quality defenseman on the bottom pairing.

As if they needed another fighter. Toughest team in hockey now.

Him and Selanne will probably become friends.

:lol: I love the responses these posts of yours elicit.

Yea, because this is what puts them over the top in their division, with this added toughness they will beat San Jose, LA, and the Yotes and retake their rightful place at the top :rolleyes:

They need defensemen.

Lilja is not going to be fighting. He does not want another hit to the head.

LOL. Last time he fought he got his ass kicked to the LTIR.

Glad he found work, just wish he found it elsewhere.

Well, I look at it this way. A job is a job. You do your job, you take your paycheck, say thank you, and when the contract is over, you go where you really want to be. I think that's what he's looking at.

As for gooning it up with us when they come back, I think he's got enough respect for the guys that he'd look at them and say, "you gotta be kidding".

Well, I look at it this way. A job is a job. You do your job, you take your paycheck, say thank you, and when the contract is over, you go where you really want to be. I think that's what he's looking at.

As for gooning it up with us when they come back, I think he's got enough respect for the guys that he'd look at them and say, "you gotta be kidding".

This.

At the same time, like you said, a job is a job, you do your job. If they tell him to goon it up, who is he to say no?

Which really sucks because is a really nice dude.

If I was getting deported unless I found a job I'd probably sign with Anaheim too. It's terrible for Lilja and all, but I'm sure he'll end up somewhere better next season. Or maybe he'll request a trade later this year.

The real head-scratcher isn't why he signed with the Ducks, but why the Ducks were the only ones that wanted him.

Hot damn! Another Pylon for the I-5/Katella exit (insider joke)!

I can imagine the conversation he had with himself since his visa was up - 'Hmmmmmm - OC or Siberia? Tuff call'.

He should fit in well with the Dux new D strategy - 'just plant yourself there and don't move.'

He's a relatively old player with a really bad head injury in the recent past. I suspect that a number of teams didn't want to take a chance on him because another significant concussion could easily push him into retirement, and that 'damaged goods' tag is why Detroit was never going to offer him two years. (aren't there also some sort of salary cap implications for over 35 players who retire before their contract runs out?)

But if a team is willing to take a chance he'll stay injury-free, then he's going to be a good value for the contract amount he'll make.

They need defensemen.

Lilja is not going to be fighting. He does not want another hit to the head.

lilja is a headhit away from being fed with a spoon for the rest of his life... dont think he will be doing any enforcing fellas and i dont think that is why the ducks signed him.

hes a big, proven, stay at home defensemen and most importantly another veteran presence which is important with kids like fowler mickellson and sbisa. sutton (at 35) was the teams oldest blue-liner... followed by visnovski at 34, mara at 31 and brookbank at 30... then you have sbisa (1990) fowler(91) mickellson(87)

Hot damn! Another Pylon for the I-5/Katella exit (insider joke)!

I can imagine the conversation he had with himself since his visa was up - 'Hmmmmmm - OC or Siberia? Tuff call'.

He should fit in well with the Dux new D strategy - 'just plant yourself there and don't move.'

Siberia? You do know he's Swedish and not Russian, right? :P

Honestly the OC or Sweden, it's a tough call.

It's a little painful to see Lillypads in the Ducks sweater, but he'll likely improve their blueline.