• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2010-11 NBA Season Thread

Rate this topic

Detroit Pistons Season Preview

I have a feeling that this season will be better for the Pistons.

Could the Heat take the title this year? Probably.

Who cares!!! Pistons are a shell of what they used to be and even if they sniff the playoffs, they will be swept out by either the Heat, Celtics, or Magic. Basically only 4 teams in the NBA...the 3 teams in the East and the Lakers.

My interest in the NBA declines more every year. It's a league of players, not teams. I can't stand the ego-maniacs running the NBA and could never justify spending money going to a game right now. That bothers me quite a bit because basketball was my favorite sport to play growing up and I have so many fond memories of watching the Pistons especially the 2004 team.

As for the Pistons themselves, I have no idea what Joe Dumars is doing with this team. They might be a borderline playoff team in the Eastern Conference, but what good is getting swept by the Heat/Celtics/Magic? I would rather tear it down completely than linger in mediocrity because this team as currently constructed is a disaster. Should have traded Rip and Prince this summer. Still need a true point guard. Not too sure where McGrady fits with so much competition on the perimeter. Not to mention, the most glaring issue still has not been addressed. Monroe is a nice start, but that frontcourt is purely garbage. Plus Jerebko is out and all that means is more playing time for the stellar Jason Maxiell and Charlie Villanueva.

The league won't let the Finals be anything other than Heat/Lakers. I hope Kobe s***s all over LeBron when it happens.

Trade Rip please. Ben Gordon is way better.

This may sound like a poor fan, but I would rather the Pistons be really bad than mediocre. At least have a good shot in the lottery to rebuild because this collection of talent misfits is not leading to anything promising. I don't even want to make the playoffs as a lower seed. We need high-end talent in the draft.

Edited by GoWings1905

Might as well tank and get that high draft pick just in case there is a lockout. We can't defend the paint, guard the perimeter, get back on transition, communicate and our coach looks like he hasn't learned anything from last season. Lots of jawing back and forth, coach calling the players out and the players calling the coach out. They obviously don't want to play for this idiot. We don't have a true point guard after trading Billups, Stuckey has failed as a project and is only effective at the 2, no center, and Q's rotations are a head scratcher. Sucks too because this team does have a lot of talent, just no chemistry or an attitude and no motivation to win. It's like they gave up already.

This team is so dreadful to watch. I can't even explain it. Somewhere a huge mess was made. I haven't watched the NBA in a couple years (Gowings nailed it), but still support/follow the Stones. I still think Joe D is better then most at his job, but wow this mess is going to take a while to clean up. I swear we have 15 guards, and 10 small forwards on the team.

Rip/Prince gotta go. I don't care if its a horrible deal for us. True rebuilding isn't going to happen without them gone. Only good thing about Prince is his expiring contract.

Monroe seems like years away, Daye doesn't impress me, McGrady isn't going to solve anything, Charlie V is horrible on defense, and even Stuckey I have questions about.

I hope they tank, and get a top 5 pick. I would be willing to trade any player on this team besides Ben Gordon, and Jerebko.

This team is so dreadful to watch. I can't even explain it. Somewhere a huge mess was made. I haven't watched the NBA in a couple years (Gowings nailed it), but still support/follow the Stones. I still think Joe D is better then most at his job, but wow this mess is going to take a while to clean up. I swear we have 15 guards, and 10 small forwards on the team.

Rip/Prince gotta go. I don't care if its a horrible deal for us. True rebuilding isn't going to happen without them gone. Only good thing about Prince is his expiring contract.

Monroe seems like years away, Daye doesn't impress me, McGrady isn't going to solve anything, Charlie V is horrible on defense, and even Stuckey I have questions about.

I hope they tank, and get a top 5 pick. I would be willing to trade any player on this team besides Ben Gordon, and Jerebko.

I agree with everything here, especially the Rip/Prince part and Gordon/Jerebko being the only certain pieces to build around. I'm quickly starting to be less sold on Stuckey as his career progresses. If nothing else, he clearly isn't a point guard and we already have 120 shooting guards, so I'm not sure where that leaves Stuckey. Plus I'm sick of these Pistons for the past decade now running coaches out with their awful attitudes. Maybe it isn't the coaches after five of them now. I don't know if Kuester is the right guy, but I do know that this group of Pistons needs to shut up and play because it isn't 2004 anymore.

Monroe has looked solid to me lately and McGrady does too in spurts. Rip needs to go - all he does is take minutes away from Ben Gordon. The Pistons have to shoot well every game to win because they don't play defense, rebound, or produce anything in the paint. I'm hoping Dumars can pull something off for a big man or at least expiring contracts by the deadline. I want in the lottery, not a sweep to the Celtics.

I agree with everything here, especially the Rip/Prince part and Gordon/Jerebko being the only certain pieces to build around. I'm quickly starting to be less sold on Stuckey as his career progresses. If nothing else, he clearly isn't a point guard and we already have 120 shooting guards, so I'm not sure where that leaves Stuckey. Plus I'm sick of these Pistons for the past decade now running coaches out with their awful attitudes. Maybe it isn't the coaches after five of them now. I don't know if Kuester is the right guy, but I do know that this group of Pistons needs to shut up and play because it isn't 2004 anymore.

Monroe has looked solid to me lately and McGrady does too in spurts. Rip needs to go - all he does is take minutes away from Ben Gordon. The Pistons have to shoot well every game to win because they don't play defense, rebound, or produce anything in the paint. I'm hoping Dumars can pull something off for a big man or at least expiring contracts by the deadline. I want in the lottery, not a sweep to the Celtics.

I agree. Did you know that Joe D was faced with a trade offer from Danny Ainge in the summer of '09 that would have given us Rondo and Ray Allen for Rip, Prince and Stuckey, and he quickly turned it down? Fast forward to today, and Rondo is considered one of the best point guards in the league next to Nash, Paul and Williams. Meanwhile, Stuckey still hasn't figured out his position and is the biggest cancer in the locker room and Rip and Prince are just logjams in a loaded front court. For every questionable decision Joe D has made post-championship, and there's many, this has to be high on the list. It's sad that our best passer is a guy making like league minimum, plays about 10 minutes a game and has no legs at all. This team looks to be in horrible shape, with yet no buyer since Illitch backed out, and is going into further trouble if there is going to be a lockout.