• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2010-11 NBA Season Thread

Rate this topic

Hopefully he doesn't accept our offer at all and goes to another team.

Ideally, I agree. That being said, Dumars loves him and no Kuester around may mean Stuckey is more willing to accept the Pistons offer. I hate his attitude, but I think he still has potential if he can slide over and play the two.

I really like the Singler pick too in the second round. Tough and great work ethic. The Pistons need some of those qualities badly at the moment.

I know next to nothing about basketball. I know that the Pistons are a minor-league organization at this point - but did they have a strong draft? Is this owner actually going to help them? I saw him dancing like an ******* at a game and that's all I know.

Ideally, I agree. That being said, Dumars loves him and no Kuester around may mean Stuckey is more willing to accept the Pistons offer. I hate his attitude, but I think he still has potential if he can slide over and play the two.

I really like the Singler pick too in the second round. Tough and great work ethic. The Pistons need some of those qualities badly at the moment.

Hopefully. I mean I'd rather keep him over Rip and Tay, but I'm still sour grapes over him.

I like Singler alot too, watched him a bunch the last few years. He'll probably be nothing more than a backup, but I love his hustle and toughness. He'll be a fan favorite for sure like Jerebko.

Will the back of his jersey say Peace or World Peace?

Peace.

I know next to nothing about basketball. I know that the Pistons are a minor-league organization at this point - but did they have a strong draft? Is this owner actually going to help them? I saw him dancing like an ******* at a game and that's all I know.

tl;dr-- Yes we had a strong draft, yes our owner will help.

In this draft they get an A+ from drafting Brandon Knight alone. We were super super lucky he fell to us at 8 (should've been a top 3 pick). He tested faster than Wall at the combine and .020 I believe slower than Rose. He's very smart offensively, good shooter and passer, although he needs to work on having a higher release on his jump shot (the ball is closer to his forehand rather than being above). His biggest strength is his defense though, he has very long arms to keep players in front of him and he's a good thief. This guy will be our point guard of the future.

One other thing that should be noted about him is that he's very, very smart. He had a 4.3 GPA in what's claimed to be one of the top high schools in Florida and was going to attend Yale before ending up with Kentucky instead. My favorite thing about him is how everyone applauds his work ethic. Everything I've read said he has the best work ethic compared to everyone else in the draft. He also was quoted as saying that he was pissed off that teams passed on him in the draft and is looking to make them pay.

I loved the Singler pick as well. Although he probably won't be much more than a backup, he'll be a fan favorite just for his hustle and toughness. He reminds me of a players like Anderson Varajao and Jonas Jerebko, just a relentless players that plays hard every night, good or bad, although Singler has a better shot.

Our last pick, Vernon Macklin, will probably be nothing more than a taller Jason Maxiell, if he even cracks the roster that is.

As far as our owner, Tom Gores probably won't be like Bill Davidson but I wanted him over Illitch when I found out Gores was interested in buying the team and was excited when he finally did. He'll be much more committed to this team, grew up in Flint, and so far has been very involved thus far and I'm liking the consistent conversations with Dumars. Dumars now isn't handcuffed from ownership issues and will be free to fixing his mistakes.

Weird bump, but I think Lawrence Frank was a fantastic choice to coach the Pistons. Really happy with that.

With Brandon Knight, who seriously sounds like a gun in the making, Monroe who averaged a double/double when he finally starting getting good minutes, and Daye and Jerebko, we've got some real talent coming through. Now to get rid of Prince, Rip and Villanueva (what a signing...).

Weird bump, but I think Lawrence Frank was a fantastic choice to coach the Pistons. Really happy with that.

With Brandon Knight, who seriously sounds like a gun in the making, Monroe who averaged a double/double when he finally starting getting good minutes, and Daye and Jerebko, we've got some real talent coming through. Now to get rid of Prince, Rip and Villanueva (what a signing...).

Agreed on all accounts. When (if) the NBA plays again, the Pistons are starting to build some pieces. Jerebko will be healthy and I think Daye can still develop into a solid player too. I don't want anything to do with the players you mentioned either and I would also throw Stuckey in that category as well. Stuckey isn't a point guard and I think Ben Gordon has more to offer than what we've seen so far from him at shooting guard. This team is going to stink regardless for awhile so I want guys like Knight to play as much as possible early.

Frank is a good basketball coach and doesn't deserve to put up with the stale environment that Rip, Prince and Stuckey among others have created the past few seasons. If Frank doesn't work out, the next person without a job should be Joe Dumars.

Edited by GoWings1905