• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Wisniewski makes obscene gesture towards Avery

Rate this topic

TSN.

I thought this part was interesting, especially from a vet like Cheli.

"I love the kid, and by the same token, during the lockout, he was living with me and it took me two weeks to kick him out of my house because he turned my house upside down," Chelios said. "He had everybody hating each other within two weeks. I can see how he would get under your skin. He could be the greatest guy and then all of a sudden the other guy switches in and you want to kill him."

Avery must have some serious issues if he has the need to stir up s*** even in the house of a teammate. Seriously. Drama queen doesn't even begin to describe him.

The guy's got talent, but I'm still so glad the Wings ditched him when they did. 30 years old and the guy still needs to grow up.

I'm assuming you're referring to my post. I didn't mean to start a political debate, and I don't think there is one. All I was trying to say is that I feel that, as a society, we've become so sensitive to things that might be deemed "offensive" that players are getting game suspensions for making stupid gestures. Give a 2 minute penalty, its unsportsmanlike conduct, and the threat of having your team be shorthanded because of your stupidity is more than enough to curb this kind of behavior. Hockey is a game where you're pounded the crap out of the other team, and they're doing the same to you. Emotions run high, adrenaline is pumping, sometimes it can all get the best of you.

Datsyuk's getting scrappy, what if late in the season, with a playoff spot in the balance, he gets suspended because he swore at another player and it accidentally got picked up by a mic? That's note right.

Maybe Wisniewski was trying to show Avery how to eat a popsicle? You gotta have context people :hehe: (I kid, I kid...)

But the whole point is, it has NOTHING to do with us as a society. The NHL player's code of conduct clearly states that a person cannot act like is. Society didn't write or alter the code of conduct, the NHL wrote it. If you want to argue that a game suspension is too extreme of a punishment, ok. Have that argument. But don't try to pin it on society when society has nothing to do with it.