• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Octopus's Garden

Hjalmarsson Cheap Shot on Jason Pominville

Rate this topic

Looking for vid ...

Hjalmarsson gets 5 and a game for a ridiculous hit from behind on Jason Pominville. Pominville taken off on a stretcher, pretty sure he was unconscious for at least a minute.

Looks like this is rolled into the GDT ... missed that before I posted, apologies. Feel free to boot this post if it's repetitive

Hope Jason is ok, I'm sick and tired of players getting injured because of idiotic plays like this. Bettman needs to start cracking down and be consistent before more stars get injured.

some gems form hawks fans:

Pominville has him self to blame. Not every swede is a chicken, some deliver hits to.

The strangest thing about the hit was that it was pretty "normal". Hjalmarsson made contact with the shoulder on the shoulder from the side without leaving his feet, an otherwise typical hit along the boards. Unfortunately for Pomminville, he only saw Hjalmarsson at the last second and turned his head to a prone position right before the hit.

It was from side (Shoulder) and Hammer thought puck was going to him

LMAO this is not a dirty hit nor it it from behind.

if you would actually watch the hit it it from the side and the puck is right by Pominville's stick

also Pominville looks up just before Hjalmarsson makes contact, the only penalty I can see from this play is charging maybe

I'm no expert but that looked shoulder to shoulder to me.

This is one of those hits where if it's against one of your teams players, you cry bloody murder. But if it is dished out by one of your players, you can make an argument against any suspension at all.

Ed Olczyk defending/absolving Hjalmarsson and blaming Pominville for the whole thing.

Hammer goes to deliever a shoulder to shoulder hit to defend against pass on Sabre about to play the puck and his head accidently hits glass

That wasn't as dirty as I thought it was gonna be based on the comments. That's not to say it wasn't dirty, but 5 and a game seems like adequate punishment to me, MAYBE 1 game.

I don't know man. Look at where the contact was made, and notice where the puck is. Then add in the follow-through to the head, that's just plain dirty.

I don't know man. Look at where the contact was made, and notice where the puck is. Then add in the follow-through to the head, that's just plain dirty.

I'm really going back and forth on this...

It looks like shoulder to shoulder blade to me. Maybe it's just the angle though, I honestly can't pinpoint exactly where he hit him. If it was more along the side of his back, though, that hit's made a lot.

The timing looks perfect to me (if it had been a clean hit)

He did follow through kind of high.

I think what really made it bad though is Pominville had no idea he was coming. Usually when guys get hit from behind, they can at least brace themselves somewhat.

I guess instead of seeing it as one hugely dirty hit, I see it as a hit with several "slightly" illegal parts, and I'm not really judging it as the sum of all those offenses.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't know ph34r.gif

Edited by SeeinRed

shoulder to back, not a good hit. The puck would've hit his stick half a second after... yea game misconduct for sure, suspension should be one or two games, wish it was longer though. I know it's a fast paced game and all but show a little control!

charging/boarding. whatever you want to call it and interference as well. hitting from behind may be stretching it but i guess its still a blind side hit seeing as where he skated from to hit him even if the actual contact was shoulder to head/shoulder.

It was boarding for sure, interference is up for debate

I'm failing to see how interference is up for debate? The puck wasn't in his feet, and Hjalmarsson's stick touched the puck before Pomminville's did. Pomminville never touched or was in possession of the puck?

I'm failing to see how interference is up for debate? The puck wasn't in his feet, and Hjalmarsson's stick touched the puck before Pomminville's did. Pomminville never touched or was in possession of the puck?

You're right that by the letter of the rule, it's interference. But hits that land *just* before a player would've touched the puck aren't usually called.

You're right that by the letter of the rule, it's interference. But hits that land *just* before a player would've touched the puck aren't usually called.

do you dispute that this was boarding? pretty textbook to me.

Actually, they are usually called. One example is the Kronwall hit on Havlat.

some gems form hawks fans:

Pominville has him self to blame. Not every swede is a chicken, some deliver hits to.

The strangest thing about the hit was that it was pretty "normal". Hjalmarsson made contact with the shoulder on the shoulder from the side without leaving his feet, an otherwise typical hit along the boards. Unfortunately for Pomminville, he only saw Hjalmarsson at the last second and turned his head to a prone position right before the hit.

It was from side (Shoulder) and Hammer thought puck was going to him

LMAO this is not a dirty hit nor it it from behind.

if you would actually watch the hit it it from the side and the puck is right by Pominville's stick

also Pominville looks up just before Hjalmarsson makes contact, the only penalty I can see from this play is charging maybe

I'm no expert but that looked shoulder to shoulder to me.

This is one of those hits where if it's against one of your teams players, you cry bloody murder. But if it is dished out by one of your players, you can make an argument against any suspension at all.

Ed Olczyk defending/absolving Hjalmarsson and blaming Pominville for the whole thing.

Hammer goes to deliever a shoulder to shoulder hit to defend against pass on Sabre about to play the puck and his head accidently hits glass

Uh, I was going through that HF thread and not all of those were Hawks fans...