• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/12 GDT: Avalanche 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

Rate this topic

wings looked like the team on the 2nd night of a back to back. avs made them look slow.

LOL

i was referring to his stops in the SO, he let in 2 soft goals during the game but when your team can't score on Budaj in 5 tries your luck is going to run out

It would prove that you didn't initially call out Janik but instead chose to call out Jimmy and solely Jimmy. And I really don't care what your past posts said in this thread and who else you blamed throughout the course of the game. That post specifically blamed Jimmy for the loss which is complete BS. Any more question Doc?

In my opinion, Howard should have easily had three of those goals. I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say that only two were complete s***. The five-hole one was only semi s***, off the heels of a s*** defensive play.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You mean this one?

Derp derp.

Your initial comment said: "Thanks Howard. Soft goals galore after the second."

This was before any back-to-back posts or edits you made. Crymson's post has it quoted exactly. Go back and look. Quit your bitching.

Here. Follow it back:

Ah, yes. The season has begun, and so has the entitled whining of Doc Holliday. Unsurprising.

Neither team played very well; I'm not angry with the one point.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Your initial comment said: "Thanks Howard. Soft goals galore after the second."

This was before any back-to-back posts and edits. Quit your bitching.

I can state my opinion on this board. Just because it goes after Howard doesn't make it bitching. I didn't say the team is doomed, or that we might as well tank, or Howard is going to be the ruin of this team. Just that tonight he sucked. HEAD FOR THE HILLS SOMEONE MADE A NEGATIVE COMMENT ABOUT OUR GOALIE!

Howard took the wind out of Detroit's sails. Sorry if that offends you but he was not good. At all.

Does that in itself mean I think the Wings played awesome? Not at all. The team was pretty bad. And I stated that afterwards. One post doesn't make someone's entire opinion on a game.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Happy-Mo-Cleary need more practice together,cause this performance tonight was totally unacceptable and basically 3 of the avs goals came from their sloppy play

Agreed. We're seeing flashes of offensive potential on that line, but they need a ton of work on the defensive side. I'm starting to think that this line won't stick long.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I can state my opinion on this board. Just because it goes after Howard doesn't make it bitching. I didn't say the team is doomed, or that we might as well tank, or Howard is going to be the ruin of this team. Just that tonight he sucked. HEAD FOR THE HILLS SOMEONE MADE A NEGATIVE COMMENT ABOUT OUR GOALIE!

Howard took the wind out of Detroit's sails. Sorry if that offends you but he was not good. At all.

Does that in itself mean I think the Wings played awesome? Not at all. The team was pretty bad. And I stated that afterwards. One post doesn't make someone's entire opinion on a game.

And I can say that your opinion is wrong. Like when your post only blames Jimmy, then you add more later, and I say that's BS. Opinion.

Did Jimmy play well tonight? No. Is he the reason why the Wings lost? No. There is plenty of blame to go around.

Edit: Can you be more melodramatic? Maybe next time we can just all agree with you and have a circle jerk instead of a discussion.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

And I can say that your opinion is wrong.

Saying I'm bitching isn't stating my opinion is wrong. It is an attempt to discredit me and attack me simply because I have a much more negative opinion than you.

Like when your post only blames Jimmy, then you add more later, and I say that's BS. Opinion.

Since when was blaming someone on one post then elaborating on the entire game later on BS? Honestly you are attempting to pick at one post while another one had a much broader opinion of the entire game.

Did Jimmy play well tonight? No. Is he the reason why the Wings lost? No. There is plenty of blame to go around.

He is a reason and if he had been better the team could have won. Soft goals like that can kill a team, and that happened tonight.

Also I'm not being melodramatic. I'm stating who sucked tonight. I'm not going to be like Mindfly or GMR and talk about how this team is so weak and we will be lucky to make the playoffs. I'm calling it how I see it.

Edited by Doc Holliday

True that Howard has a chance to stop the shot, but when the puck is coughed up at the opposing blue line and the forward manages to get enough separation between himself and the defenders to wind up an aimed slapper from the nearer side of the circle and release it without disruption, you can't really pin the blame on the goalie.

You may be right. But if that had been Ozzie in goal, I believe you wouldn't have heard the end of it and "fans" would be calling for his head.

Guest mindfly

As you all said, cleary-modano-hudler needs to be split up or they need to get chemistry FAST... brutal performance tonight even though cleary skated like hell... they looked confused when they circled down low

I don't think that what I said was something that a mod would say.

Nope. Mods here are much cooler than that. But for whatever reason you've taken on the role of thought police here. I don't get why you haven't been banned since 90% of your posts are off topic, since it's you commenting on other posts.

As for the actual game, the Modano line definitely ain't clicking yet and Howard looked shaky, though he was good in the SO. At least we got the loser point.

And I still hate the shootout.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Scoring Summary

COL

P1 16:56 D Jones (1), assisted by J Liles (5) and M Olver (1)

P2 19:11 O'Reilly (1), assisted by D Jones (1)

P3 04:43 D Winnik (1), assisted by A Foote (2)

P3 11:24 D Jones (2), assisted by D Yip (1) and M Duchene (3)

SO B Yip

DET

P1 02:34 J Franzen (2), assisted by The Todd (3)

P2 02:50 P Datsyuk (2) PPG, assisted by H Zetterberg (2) and N Lidstrom (2)

P2 13:02 J Franzen (3), assisted by V Filppula (2) and The Todd (4)

P3 07:72 P Eaves (1) SHG, assisted by D Helm (1) and N Lidstrom (3)

Penalty Summary

COL (2 Penalties for 7 minutes)

P1 11:12 C McLeod, 5 minutes for fighting (major)

P2 02:33 B Yip, 2 minutes for holding

DET (5 penalties for 13 minutes)

P1 08:59 B Stuar, 2 minutes for hooking

P1 11:12 D Janik, 5 minutes for fighting (major)

P2 05:54 V Filppula, 2 minutes for hooking

P3 01:43 D Cleary, 2 minutes interference

P3 07:39 R Salei, 2 minutes hooking

Power Plays

COL

5v4: 0-4, 8 minutes

DET

5v4: 1-1, 00:17

Even Strength

COL

5v5: 4-6, 51:43

4v4: 0-1, 05:00

TOT: 4-7, 56:43

DET

5v5: 2-6, 51:43

4v4: 0-1, 05:00

TOT: 2-7, 56:43

Goaltender Summary

COL

P Budaj (W)

TOI

EV-56:42, PP-08:00, SH-00:17, TOT-64:59

Goals-Shots Against

P1: 1-4, P2: 2-9, P3: 1-14, OT: 0-1, TOT: 4-28

DET

J Howard (L)

TOI

EV-56:42, PP-00:17, SH-08:00, TOT-64:39

Goals-shots Against

P1: 1-9, P2: 1-14, P3: 2-13, OT: 0-2, TOT: 4-38

Shots on Goal

COL: 38

DET: 28

Final Score

COL: 5

DET: 4

Shootout

Three Stars (by Pierre LeBrun, ESPN.com)

1) COL D Jones

2) DET J Franzen

3) DET N Lidstrom

Wings are now 2-0-1, 5pts (1st in Division, 1st in Conference), while the Avalanche improve to 2-1-0, 4pts (2nd in Division, 5th in Conference).

Wing head to Dallas (2-0-0, 4pts) on Thursday, while the Avalanche travel to New Jersey (0-2-1, 1pt) on Friday.

Agreed. We're seeing flashes of offensive potential on that line, but they need a ton of work on the defensive side. I'm starting to think that this line won't stick long.

They should need to work more on neutral zone play,I'm ok what they've done in front of Budaj tonight,plus Cleary really screwed me in the fantasy league with -3 tonight :ph34r:

As you all said, cleary-modano-hudler needs to be split up or they need to get chemistry FAST... brutal performance tonight even though cleary skated like hell... they looked confused when they circled down low

Cleary's got his work cut out for him considering his linemates. I'm trying to figure what kind of changeup Babs would make to that line.

Guest Crymson

But for whatever reason you've taken on the role of thought police here.

Ah, typical. I rail against what I feel is unfair vitriol towards the team, and you accuse me of attempting to forcibly eradicate certain lines of thought. As such, my opinion is transformed from competing opinion into an attempt at some theoretical domination.

I question your logic.

Cleary's got his work cut out for him considering his linemates. I'm trying to figure what kind of changeup Babs would make to that line.

No way that Babs gonna split the 1st and 2nd line so happy,mo and dan just need to start produce,lol

Edited by pucktividi

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Saying I'm bitching isn't stating my opinion is wrong. It is an attempt to discredit me and attack me simply because I have a much more negative opinion than you.

Nice try on trying to make it look like I only said you were wrong by saying you were bitching. That was a very small part of my post.

Since when was blaming someone on one post then elaborating on the entire game later on BS? Honestly you are attempting to pick at one post while another one had a much broader opinion of the entire game.

I called you out for having a very narrow view of the game and then you happened to further elaborated. Notice how I haven't attacked your further elaboration?

He is a reason and if he had been better the team could have won. Soft goals like that can kill a team, and that happened tonight.

Jimmy had one soft goal. Let's not make it sound like the Avs put in 5 floaters.

Also I'm not being melodramatic. I'm stating who sucked tonight. I'm not going to be like Mindfly or GMR and talk about how this team is so weak and we will be lucky to make the playoffs. I'm calling it how I see it.

And once you expanded your view past only blaming Howard I said nothing. Coincidence?

Honestly i want to be pissed off about this loss but they didn't deserve to win. I think the Avs were the better team in the 1st and 3rd period. Surprising coming off a back to back they were the hungrier team.

Rafalski will be missed and maybe some people on here will start respecting his value to this team.

Here are my thoughts on this game which I was quite dissappoined to watch, however not surprised.

- Howard looked pretty good, having some difficult saves, however he let in 3 brutal goals that NEEDED to be stopped

- Howard was not the reason the wings lost but he was a larger part of it

- The Wings were slow all night; they seemed to lose most puck battles and be too slow to receive passes

- Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Hank, Mule, Bert and Fil all looked good tonight

- PK was great

- Our 3rd line needs to work on their defensive play they were running around too much in our end

- the refs were very lame with their calls and missed calls

- Pavel made the pass of the year in OT to Nick too bad he hit the post

- faceoffs were simply not good enough tonight as in the last 2 games; historically the wings are ALWAYS very good at faceoffs so Babs needs to fix this

What I would like to see next game:

- I would like to see babs put Kronners back with Lidstrom because I think we need the best possible first d-man pairing to get play going

- Ozzie needs to be in net simply because he was a large factor for the Wings beating the Hawks while Howie was a factor for the loss tonight

- Personally I would like babs to rotate the 2 goalies every game for a while then start giving more starts to whomever is playing best (will motivate them)

- Z needs a bit more shots taken imo

- better outlet passing and puckpossession; more pucks on net