• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/12 GDT: Avalanche 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

You broke my irony meter.

Not responding to my comment but instead saying something stupid. Next.

My narrow view? You haven't proven my view is wrong. You even agreed that Howard didn't play well.

Saying that the Wings lost because of Howard and leaving it at that, which you initially did so stop trying to say otherwise, is a narrow view. I didn't blame the loss on Howard unlike you did before you expanded on your post after getting called out.

I never said that, but thanks for playing. The second goal was weak. The third bounced off his shoulder and in on the short side. The fourth went right in hi five hole. Those are all potential weak goals.

The second goal was deflected by Salei and the forth goal he was completely screened by Janik. The third goal was the only "soft" goal.

The issue is you addressed my first post and IGNORED my exanded one when it came to discussing my "narrow minded" view of the game.

That would be a great argument if it were true. I didn't ignore your expanded post. Your expanded post did appear until AFTER I commented on your post solely blaming Howard for the loss.

Thanks for playing Doc but this has grown old. Continue if you must, which you will because you are petty and must always have the last word.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If I'm not mistaken, we only had one powerplay in this game.

Colorado got away with a crosscheck and a high stick late in the 3rd period. No way they played so clean that only 1 penalty was deserved on them.

Yep. Only one power play for the entire game. Right before the crosscheck, Homer was driven into the boards from behind. It could of easily been called boarding but wasn't. Big surprise. Then the high stick on Flip was blatant and should have been called. Refs were 0-for-3 in about a 4 minute span.

Thanks for playing Doc but this has grown old. Continue if you must, which you will because you are petty and must always have the last word.

I was going to discuss this further but this response really is ridiculous. If you are going to stop posting, then stop. Don't pretend to be on your high horse and bait someone like this. That in itself is petty.

YOU are the one who got defensive from the get go. I stated my opinion (and I was pissed because watching Howard let in those goals made me think "really? You are better than that"). After letting out my "God dammit Howard" I stated the game overall. How you were able to go two pages without understanding that is beyond me.

Continue if you want, or don't. That is up to you and I really don't care if you feel like ending the discussion. I personally like to talk about the game and talk about it a lot here because the people that I converse with in the real world aren't as devoted to the Wings as I am. Nothing about that i petty. That is what these boards are for.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I was going to discuss this further but this response really is ridiculous. If you are going to stop posting, then stop. Don't pretend to be on your high horse and bait someone like this. That in itself is petty.

YOU are the one who got defensive from the get go. I stated my opinion (and I was pissed because watching Howard let in those goals made me think "really? You are better than that"). After letting out my "God dammit Howard" I stated the game overall. How you were able to go two pages without understanding that is beyond me.

Continue if you want, or don't. That is up to you and I really don't care if you feel like ending the discussion. I personally like to talk about the game and talk about it a lot here because the people that I converse with in the real world aren't as devoted to the Wings as I am. Nothing about that i petty. That is what these boards are for.

I'd think the response was ridiculous too if I had absolutely no leg to stand on and was arguing for arguments sake. I know you were going to discuss this further because you cannot let someone else have the last word. You have this overbearing urge to be right and in your mind being right is being the last person to post.

I didn't get defensive. Quite the contrary. I simply stated that Janik needed to be blamed for the loss as well, not just Howard. Your initial post solely blamed Howard, which I said was ridiculous. How this fact escapes you, especially since you typed it out, is beyond me. Then you proceeded to break down the game and continued to argue with me over the fact that you didn't just blame Howard but blamed other players/factors as well. While this is true after the fact, it was not true at the time of my initial response. It's easy to say such after the fact though. Then you proceeded to ignore facts and simply taunt by posting "derp derp" several times. That's a real great discussion you had going there.

It is really disingenuous of you to act as if you were merely expressing your opinion and were hounded by me without cause. Way to play the victim. To claim this as a matter of simply discussing the game and being blindsided by some nut case over semantics is how you would love for everyone to view this. We both know this to be patently false. The facts are simple: you posted about how Howard was solely at fault, I said this was untrue and that Janik deserved blame, you added/edited your post after I had already commented on it to discuss further blame and then chose to attack me and point out how you did not solely blame Howard. The result of that has led us here.

We can continue this argument, discussion as you say, or we cannot. That is not up to me. In my case, simply not replying would be much easier and less time consuming and would most certainly be in your best interest. This I will not do. I will not back down to some anonymous person at their computer who thinks they are superior to other posters and claim to be only wanting to discuss hockey. I will not let the facts be misconstrued and lost in a sea of words in an effort to discredit myself. I will readily admit that you did eventual spread the blame for the loss but the initial post is unavoidable. The facts speak for themselves and they do not speak in favor of you.

...The facts are simple: you posted about how Howard was solely at fault, ...

Normally I wouldn't intrude on a nice argument, but I just had to post my appreciation of the fantastic irony of your complaint when your initial response to him was to do the exact same thing, just calling out a different player. Bravo. :clap:

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Normally I wouldn't intrude on a nice argument, but I just had to post my appreciation of the fantastic irony of your complaint when your initial response to him was to do the exact same thing, just calling out a different player. Bravo. :clap:

There is no fantastic irony. My argument was and is for shared blame. Guess you shouldn't have intruded.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest Heaten

If I'm not mistaken, we only had one powerplay in this game.

Colorado got away with a crosscheck and a high stick late in the 3rd period. No way they played so clean that only 1 penalty was deserved on them.

To be fair, Modano got away with a high sticking that caused a big gash in a Colorado player that should have been a 4 minute PP for them. We can't really complain after that no call.

Not a fan of Salei so far and Janik is brutal. Can't wait till Ericsson comes back. Howard needs to be better.

Edited by Heaten

I guess it depends on your expectations of him.

He's basically a plug and usually performs as such. For some reason, some people here think he should be the regular bottom pairing. (not saying ben does, but others do).

I'm a little bummed because Kindl has not been particularly impressive in a relatively limited role. He's obviously inexperienced, but with the injuries cropping up already on D the Wings may need to use him more than planned.

Really disappointed with Janiks play today. I was one person who thought he should of been higher on the d depth charts but today showed that he is a AHL person. Well if he continues to play like that he is.

As for the third line I say switch up Eaves with Hudler.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Guest Crymson

To be fair, Modano got away with a high sticking that caused a big gash in a Colorado player that should have been a 4 minute PP for them. We can't really complain after that no call.

That stick came up after the Colorado player hooked Modano to the ice. No call.

There is no fantastic irony. My argument was and is for shared blame. Guess you shouldn't have intruded.

Janik plays a little defense and the game does not end up tied.

Your initial response called out only Janik. Exactly the same thing as Doc calling out only Howard. That's irony.

That you chose to infer something from Doc's post but not apply the same standard to your reply does not make them different. Your reply wasn't an accurate representation of your full opinion on the subject. Why then assume that Doc's post was of his, and even insist that it was despite Doc's later clarification?

My one line reviews of the game.

Kronwall sucks. Like seriously sucks.

Thank goodness Lidstrom went around one more year.

I can see why Janik is an AHL veteran.

Franzen will score 40 goals.

Filppula looks amazing, is actually shooting.

Kindl shows promise.

Hudler is exceptionally rusty.

Howard had an average one, saved harder ones than he let in.

I love Eaves.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Guest Hatethedrake!

The Wings played bad. Howard was awful. They will be better. It's only 1 game. Onto the next one.

Here are my thoughts on this game which I was quite dissappoined to watch, however not surprised.

- Howard looked pretty good, having some difficult saves, however he let in 3 brutal goals that NEEDED to be stopped

- Howard was not the reason the wings lost but he was a larger part of it

- The Wings were slow all night; they seemed to lose most puck battles and be too slow to receive passes

- Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Hank, Mule, Bert and Fil all looked good tonight

- PK was great

- Our 3rd line needs to work on their defensive play they were running around too much in our end

- the refs were very lame with their calls and missed calls

- Pavel made the pass of the year in OT to Nick too bad he hit the post

- faceoffs were simply not good enough tonight as in the last 2 games; historically the wings are ALWAYS very good at faceoffs so Babs needs to fix this

What I would like to see next game:

- I would like to see babs put Kronners back with Lidstrom because I think we need the best possible first d-man pairing to get play going

- Ozzie needs to be in net simply because he was a large factor for the Wings beating the Hawks while Howie was a factor for the loss tonight

- Personally I would like babs to rotate the 2 goalies every game for a while then start giving more starts to whomever is playing best (will motivate them)

- Z needs a bit more shots taken imo

- better outlet passing and puckpossession; more pucks on net

I agree with most of your points, but I will add in a few thoughts of my own.

First off, its easy for many of the members here to call out the goaltending or the refereeing as an excuse as to why we lost the game. Thats really a crappy thing to do being as that the Wings as a whole gave Colorado too much room in the offensive zone. A couple goals Howard should have had, but you could say the same about the Avs goalie as well. Neither goalie played their best game. If they were both on top of their game it would have been a 2-2 or a 3-3 game going into OT.

Blaming the refs is also lame as hell. I saw an obvious high stick that his Flip that wasn't called. At the same time though, I saw a couple tripping calls on the Wings that weren't called as well. The refs are only human, and they are the human element in the game that makes mistakes just like the players do. Trust me, as a ref myself, its impossible to get everything right and catch everything. The NHL refs are at the top of the ref chain for a reason.

The Wings lost that game as a team, pure and simple. Even with a subpar game, they got a shootout loss out of it. That has to count for something.

I'd think the response was ridiculous too if I had absolutely no leg to stand on and was arguing for arguments sake. I know you were going to discuss this further because you cannot let someone else have the last word. You have this overbearing urge to be right and in your mind being right is being the last person to post.

No, I like to discuss things on this board. Strange, isn't it.

I didn't get defensive. Quite the contrary. I simply stated that Janik needed to be blamed for the loss as well, not just Howard. Your initial post solely blamed Howard, which I said was ridiculous. How this fact escapes you, especially since you typed it out, is beyond me. Then you proceeded to break down the game and continued to argue with me over the fact that you didn't just blame Howard but blamed other players/factors as well. While this is true after the fact, it was not true at the time of my initial response. It's easy to say such after the fact though. Then you proceeded to ignore facts and simply taunt by posting "derp derp" several times. That's a real great discussion you had going there.

For starters, I blamed multiple parties other than Howard way before you even came into the mix. Check my edit. Me saying derp derp was meant to highlight the fact you seemed to be missing the post that discussed how multiple players were at fault. And just because I gave Howard s*** in a post doesn't mean I think Howard is the only one at fault. I never once said he was.

It is really disingenuous of you to act as if you were merely expressing your opinion and were hounded by me without cause. Way to play the victim. To claim this as a matter of simply discussing the game and being blindsided by some nut case over semantics is how you would love for everyone to view this. We both know this to be patently false. The facts are simple: you posted about how Howard was solely at fault, I said this was untrue and that Janik deserved blame, you added/edited your post after I had already commented on it to discuss further blame and then chose to attack me and point out how you did not solely blame Howard. The result of that has led us here.

Read the edit times. I elaborated before you quoted me. And the bolded is blatantly false.

We can continue this argument, discussion as you say, or we cannot. That is not up to me. In my case, simply not replying would be much easier and less time consuming and would most certainly be in your best interest. This I will not do. I will not back down to some anonymous person at their computer who thinks they are superior to other posters and claim to be only wanting to discuss hockey. I will not let the facts be misconstrued and lost in a sea of words in an effort to discredit myself. I will readily admit that you did eventual spread the blame for the loss but the initial post is unavoidable. The facts speak for themselves and they do not speak in favor of you.

That is a boldfaced lie. Also getting angry at one player in one post does not mean I believed at the time he was the only one at fault. I just got angry at him first.

But of course this is all moot because I ELABORATED BEFORE YOU INITIATED CONVERSATION WITH ME.

bingom.jpg

Tada.

Edited by Doc Holliday

I'll just say this: If Ozzie had let in that second and fourth goal last night, this thread would be twice as long. Those were bad goals. I thought the third was stoppable too considering Jimmy got beat on the short-side. I'm not clamoring already for Ozzie to start, but we need Jimmy to be stronger on nights when the team in front of him is clearly off their game.

I thought the whole team looked like garbage last night besides a handful of players. Colorado had the puck way too much outside of a few spurts from the Red Wings. We had no answer to their forecheck, got trapped in our zone for extended stretches and took penalties because of it. The Avalanche outworked the Red Wings plain and simple.

I'll just say this: If Ozzie had let in that second and fourth goal last night, this thread would be twice as long. Those were bad goals. I thought the third was stoppable too considering Jimmy got beat on the short-side. I'm not clamoring already for Ozzie to start, but we need Jimmy to be stronger on nights when the team in front of him is clearly off their game.

I thought the whole team looked like garbage last night besides a handful of players. Colorado had the puck way too much outside of a few spurts from the Red Wings. We had no answer to their forecheck, got trapped in our zone for extended stretches and took penalties because of it. The Avalanche outworked the Red Wings plain and simple.

Even so, Osgood should get the next start. I'd rather have two ready goalies than a repeat of last year's debacle.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

And those people would be wrong for blaming Ozzie. I don't understand why it is difficult for people to understand that the second goal was deflected off of Salei's stick and that Howard was screened by the pylon known as Janik on the fourth.

The only bad goal was the third one. No one was between Jimmy and the shooter and Jimmy got a piece of it but not enough. You cannot get beat short side under those circumstances especially in a game where your defense has shown that they are taking the night off.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Guest Heaten

Lol @ the bickering in this thread. It's one game (3rd in the season) and a SO loss. Who cares....

Furthermore, Avs are a good young hockey club that showed tons a resilience and wanted the win more.

Edited by Heaten

Even so, Osgood should get the next start. I'd rather have two ready goalies than a repeat of last year's debacle.

I think Osgood can still do fine without starting every other game.

Howard should start next. Bouncing back with a shutout in Dallas would be good for him.