• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/12 GDT: Avalanche 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

Rate this topic

No way that Babs gonna split the 1st and 2nd line so happy,mo and dan just need to start produce,lol

I wouldn't mind seeing Eaves or Miller get a shot... problem is, who goes down to the fourth? Right, nobody. So like you say, they need to get their s*** together. :)

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I'm sitting here bawling like a baby. The first guy just came up from the mine. Maybe this game isn't all that important after all. :notworthy:

I think I would want a shower after a month underground.

bad game all around for the Wings.

Hudler needs to learn a new move, i knew as soon as i seen him out there for the shootout what he was going to do. Same move everytime.

Datsyuk didnt look all that great tonight as well, couple good plays but looked slow didnt play with any quickness to his game once he got the puck. Filppula still needs to learn to shot on NET not the other players shins.

Wings 3rd line looked decent in the offensive end but then rest of the ice looked lost.

Howard let in couple softies and i think that may be a problem all season long.

I think I would want a shower after a month underground.

OH yeah. Maybe even a pressure hosing. :ph34r: Methinks there'll be a book/movie package pretty soon.

But this whole thing is a miracle, including the fact that they all didn't kill each other.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

tough loss for the wings to take

who is this Brandon Yip? he sure is something else :hehe::lol:

I missed the rest of the game because our damn internet has been out the last 2 hours (******* TimeWarner)......so I'm beyond pissed to see we lost the game but color me not surprised that we lost in a shoot-out. Not only have we sucked at them recently, I hate them and have never liked them.

I missed the rest of the game because our damn internet has been out the last 2 hours (******* TimeWarner)......so I'm beyond pissed to see we lost the game but color me not surprised that we lost in a shoot-out. Not only have we sucked at them recently, I hate them and have never liked them.

I like em. I just wish we were good at them. I mean seriously... Datsyuk, Hudler, Franzen, Modano and Zetterberg... not one goal? It defies logic.

His fight sucked but I didn't think he was that bad. Oh well.

esteef

He seems to look way more lost on a more talented club. I'm a fan of Janik but I'm wondering if he looked serviceable last season because he was basically playing on GR with all the injuries.

Nice try on trying to make it look like I only said you were wrong by saying you were bitching. That was a very small part of my post.

You broke my irony meter.

I called you out for having a very narrow view of the game and then you happened to further elaborated. Notice how I haven't attacked your further elaboration?

My narrow view? You haven't proven my view is wrong. You even agreed that Howard didn't play well.

Jimmy had one soft goal. Let's not make it sound like the Avs put in 5 floaters.

I never said that, but thanks for playing. The second goal was weak. The third bounced off his shoulder and in on the short side. The fourth went right in hi five hole. Those are all potential weak goals.

And once you expanded your view past only blaming Howard I said nothing. Coincidence?

The issue is you addressed my first post and IGNORED my exanded one when it came to discussing my "narrow minded" view of the game.

His fight sucked but I didn't think he was that bad. Oh well.

esteef

I guess it depends on your expectations of him.

He's basically a plug and usually performs as such. For some reason, some people here think he should be the regular bottom pairing. (not saying ben does, but others do).

I'm a little bummed because Kindl has not been particularly impressive in a relatively limited role. He's obviously inexperienced, but with the injuries cropping up already on D the Wings may need to use him more than planned.

Ah, typical. I rail against what I feel is unfair vitriol towards the team, and you accuse me of attempting to forcibly eradicate certain lines of thought. As such, my opinion is transformed from competing opinion into an attempt at some theoretical domination.

I question your logic.

Wow. Next time you're on your favorite thesaurus website, you should probably look up the definition of purple prose. Or maybe read some Strunk & White.

What makes you think this site needs someone to rail against "unfair vitriol against the team." Or in other words, people being hockey fans? How about you actually talk about the frigging game for a change instead of policing people? We already have mods here.

Or to put it in your lexicon, how about you expound upon the match at hand, positing your cogent theories and opinions on the Red Wings of Detroit's inherent strengths and weaknesses, rather than lament those here who dare question the beloved Winged Wheel?

Guest Crymson

Sh*t happens.

Wow. Next time you're on your favorite thesaurus website, you should probably look up the definition of purple prose. Or maybe read some Strunk & White.

What makes you think this site needs someone to rail against "unfair vitriol against the team." Or in other words, people being hockey fans? How about you actually talk about the frigging game for a change instead of policing people? We already have mods here.

Or to put it in your lexicon, how about you expound upon the match at hand, positing your cogent theories and opinions on the Red Wings of Detroit's inherent strengths and weaknesses, rather than lament those here who dare question the beloved Winged Wheel?

I don't really ever use thesauruses. Thanks for the compliment.

Edited by Crymson

Okay, I'm sure you can find other reasons to attack his argument than the fact he uses big words. You know believe it or not, some people talk like that in their everyday life and it's not some attempt to condescend to others. It's not the first time I've seen someone go after Crymson for that and I think it's really sad. There's no premium on sounding educated or well-read anymore and if you do, you're accused by everyone else of thinking you're smarter/better than everyone else or trolling thesauri for words.

/rant off

on paper cleary modano hudler line should be perfect. cleary infront of the net huds setting the play up and modano ripping the shot. hopefully they can work it out. better not touch the 2nd line, that line produced most of the wings goals.. dcore sucks though. im still blaming mc crimmin or whatever his name is for this. the skill on the back end is there...

Okay, I'm sure you can find other reasons to attack his argument than the fact he uses big words. You know believe it or not, some people talk like that in their everyday life and it's not some attempt to condescend to others. It's not the first time I've seen someone go after Crymson for that and I think it's really sad. There's no premium on sounding educated or well-read anymore and if you do, you're accused by everyone else of thinking you're smarter/better than everyone else or trolling thesauri for words.

/rant off

My main argument was about his relentless need to police people around here who dare criticize the Red Wings. The excessively flowery vocabulary is merely a side effect of his condescension.

The greatest writers and the greatest minds in the world don't cram every single 8-letter word they know into a paragraph. It's not a sign of being educated. It's actually a sign of poor communication. Read his post again. His choice of vocabulary obscures his point. It reads like a PhD student who's trying to justify his degree by prattling on about paradigms and hegemony.

Though to be clear, I ultimately don't care what vocabulary he uses. I'm just sick of the thought police s***. Most of his posts, like this one of mine, is off topic and a commentary on other people's posts, rather than contributing his own thoughts. For the sheer volume of posts of this nature from him, I'd love for him to get suspended. I thought I was pretty clear on those points. The vocabulary was more amusing than anything else.

I could hardly believe it when I saw Nick throw back-to-back picks in OT. What a sloppy game.

No kidding! It's rare to see Lids look through a guy like that and put the puck right into his stick.

Guest Crymson

it's not actually.

Even if you have those words at the ready, your post was still overwritten and obscures your point.

It's how I speak on the Internet.

Due to my realization as to the extent to which I don't care about this particular line of discussion, I've erased the rest of my original post.

Edited by Crymson