I agree with most of your points, but I will add in a few thoughts of my own.
Here are my thoughts on this game which I was quite dissappoined to watch, however not surprised.
- Howard looked pretty good, having some difficult saves, however he let in 3 brutal goals that NEEDED to be stopped
- Howard was not the reason the wings lost but he was a larger part of it
- The Wings were slow all night; they seemed to lose most puck battles and be too slow to receive passes
- Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Hank, Mule, Bert and Fil all looked good tonight
- PK was great
- Our 3rd line needs to work on their defensive play they were running around too much in our end
- the refs were very lame with their calls and missed calls
- Pavel made the pass of the year in OT to Nick too bad he hit the post
- faceoffs were simply not good enough tonight as in the last 2 games; historically the wings are ALWAYS very good at faceoffs so Babs needs to fix this
What I would like to see next game:
- I would like to see babs put Kronners back with Lidstrom because I think we need the best possible first d-man pairing to get play going
- Ozzie needs to be in net simply because he was a large factor for the Wings beating the Hawks while Howie was a factor for the loss tonight
- Personally I would like babs to rotate the 2 goalies every game for a while then start giving more starts to whomever is playing best (will motivate them)
- Z needs a bit more shots taken imo
- better outlet passing and puckpossession; more pucks on net
First off, its easy for many of the members here to call out the goaltending or the refereeing as an excuse as to why we lost the game. Thats really a crappy thing to do being as that the Wings as a whole gave Colorado too much room in the offensive zone. A couple goals Howard should have had, but you could say the same about the Avs goalie as well. Neither goalie played their best game. If they were both on top of their game it would have been a 2-2 or a 3-3 game going into OT.
Blaming the refs is also lame as hell. I saw an obvious high stick that his Flip that wasn't called. At the same time though, I saw a couple tripping calls on the Wings that weren't called as well. The refs are only human, and they are the human element in the game that makes mistakes just like the players do. Trust me, as a ref myself, its impossible to get everything right and catch everything. The NHL refs are at the top of the ref chain for a reason.
The Wings lost that game as a team, pure and simple. Even with a subpar game, they got a shootout loss out of it. That has to count for something.