Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

10/12 GDT: Avalanche 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

• Please log in to reply
903 replies to this topic

#901 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:39 PM

This thread remains awesome. Like 10 pages arguing about a goal even Jimmy admits was bad.

Wasn't his first, won't be his last. As long as he continues to provide more good saves than bad goals, I'll be happy. But reading all the nitpicky bickering is still fun. :thumbup:

#902 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:55 AM

Give it up, Doc.

Every goal last night was deflected, including the one in the shootout.

Funny. Too bad no one said that.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#903 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:19 AM

I think it's a bit odd that in the context of someone accusing me of using overly-sophisticated language, you're criticizing me for using the language of the common masses :P

And yes, I know of the existence of the word "thesauri"; -i is the plural form of the Latin -us (with some exceptions). I took three years of Latin in high school :)

I think the entire point of the arguments of that other fellow and I is that we believe it's not a soft goal. Showing up and declaring in response to us that it was a soft goal doesn't make much sense.

Oh my bad. I forgot you weren't into that whole dissenting opinions thing.

#904 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:41 AM

Oh my bad. I forgot you weren't into that whole dissenting opinions thing.

This opinion doesn't make much sense. You showed up to tell me that my opinion was wrong, and now you're accusing me of being intolerant of others` opinions for saying that I disagree with yours?