• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Red Wings recall Janik, Put Draper on IR

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/10/12/10/Red-Wings-recall-Janik-put-Draper-on-IR/landing.html?blockID=329653&feedID=3701

FOX Sports Detroit wires

Detroit -- The Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday recalled defenseman Doug Janik from the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League.

Janik, 30, will be in the lineup Tuesdan nights when the Red Wings play host to the Colorado Avalanche.

Janik is in his second season with the Red Wings. He played in 13 games for Detroit last year, registering two assists, 18 PIM and a -3 rating. He has played in 174 career NHL games.

To clear a roster spot for Janik, the Red Wings placed veteran forward Kris Draper on Injured Reserve. Draper continues to nurse a groin injury suffered during training camp.

Uhm... why did they recall a defenseman?

They like to keep it 13-8-2 rather than 14-7-2 ?

And also is this long term injured reserve or just short term? must be the first one right to clear cap space?

Edited by mindfly

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/10/12/10/Red-Wings-recall-Janik-put-Draper-on-IR/landing.html?blockID=329653&feedID=3701

Uhm... why did they recall a defenseman?

They like to keep it 13-8-2 rather than 14-7-2 ?

yea, my thought too... the article says he will be in the lineup Tueday night... so which extra d-man other than E is out? Maybe Rafalski missing practice the other day was more than just a back tweak <_<

I guess Ericsson's injury is worse than we thought and they want to carry a reserve defenseman around.

Why would the article say that he will be in the lineup Tues(tonight) then? If anything, this makes me think another D-man is out as well...

Guest mindfly

Why would the article say that he will be in the lineup Tues(tonight) then? If anything, this makes me think another D-man is out as well...

Or they don't trust Kindl enough? Unforunately...(?)

Guest mindfly

Well one bad thing about having a veteran team is the injuries, if it isnt fact's atleast it feels like a 37year old is injured more than a 21 year old, for example Rafalski didn't play much in the preseason and dont seem to finish every practice.. maybe it's his back again :/

Guest mindfly

Yeah but not Janik instead of Lids/Kronner/Stuart/Rafalski/Salei... but I would prefer Janik over ericsson and then switch between janik and kindl depending who's the hottest and which team they are facing at the particular night...

Well one bad thing about having a veteran team is the injuries, if it isnt fact's atleast it feels like a 37year old is injured more than a 21 year old, for example Rafalski didn't play much in the preseason and dont seem to finish every practice.. maybe it's his back again :/

yea, my thought too... the article says he will be in the lineup Tueday night... so which extra d-man other than E is out? Maybe Rafalski missing practice the other day was more than just a back tweak <_<

there it is - Rafalski probably out

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/red_wings_recall_defenseman_do_1.html

this also sheds light on the IR - It was short term, so only 7 days and they made it retroactive, so this is likely a very short term change

Edited by stevkrause

******* rafalski, he was a +5 in two games as well >.<

He was off to a hell of a start, that's for sure... however, if this is precautionary and it means him missing one or 2 games now, but saving him from missing 15 down the road with a more serious injury, because the needed rest was not taken... I'll gladly have him miss a couple now...

Guest mindfly

For sure...

I'm confused about the short term IR, i thought only LTIR gave cap relief, so how can wings have capspace to recall janik if draper only was put on short term? because as far as i know they are right up against the cap? whats janik's salary in the nhl?

Edited by mindfly

******* rafalski, he was a +5 in two games as well >.<

I hope it's nothing too serious. Rafi seems like he's getting back to olympic level play.

Also, off topic..Mindfly your reputation level is now zero! congrats :hehe: The number will be green soon enough :lol:

For sure...

I'm confused about the short term IR, i thought only LTIR gave cap relief, so how can wings have capspace to recall janik if draper only was put on short term? because as far as i know they are right up against the cap? whats janik's salary in the nhl?

Youre correct, LTIR only gives cap relief, short term does not. The Wing's still had approximately 600k in capspace, so they could make a call up as needed, the short term LTIR was just to free up the roster spot...

This is why Holland wanted the cushion...

Defense pairing tonight?

Maybe...

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Kindl-Stuart

Rotation of Kronwall/Kindl/Janik-Salei???

I would just guess:

Lidstrom-Kronwall

Stuart-Salei

Kindl-Janik

keep in mind, Janik-Kindl was a pairing used quite a bit in GR last year and they worked very well together... I would think there's a good chance Kindl even see's PP time with Raffi out...