No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Red Wings recall Janik, Put Draper on IR

Rate this topic

Mlive just posted the d pairs:

Lidstrom-Stuart

Janik-Kronwall

Kindl-Salei

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/red_wings_brian_rafalski_to_ha.html

hmm... that's kinda Babs pulling a wildcard... shows how much he thinks of Janik... I still like the balance, one stay at home guy per pairing and one guy that can be offensive minded when needed on each...

Guest mindfly

knee scope is usually 10days off, kronwall did one before training camp if i remember correctly..

knee scope is usually 10days off, kronwall did one before training camp if i remember correctly..

That's not really accurate, it depends on the nature of the scope... some, if minor enough, will only require 3-5 days, whereas some scopes take a guy out for up to 3 weeks... hopefully it's closer to the former

i'd rather see smith up here but babs probably doesn't want two rooks on the d pairings.

oh man... this is gonna be all season isn't it? There's a proper way of developing players and using their waiver exemption days early, before they're needed is not it...

He needs to log major minutes in the AHL ALL season and even in the event of a completely decimated defense corps, the guys that have put in their time deserve call ups before him - Call up order:

Janik

Pyett

Kolosov

THEN

Smith

No need to rush him to the NHL, he'll get his chance next season, or the year after...

Guest Crymson

i'm assuming he's in for Rafalski :[

LeBrun's Twitter just said he needs a knee scope. ughhh

A knee scope can be a very minor affair.

Hey if you need a defenceman, Jeff Finger is on waivers. ;)

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well one bad thing about having a veteran team is the injuries, if it isnt fact's atleast it feels like a 37year old is injured more than a 21 year old, for example Rafalski didn't play much in the preseason and dont seem to finish every practice.. maybe it's his back again :/

I've never agreed with this. Everyone points to our age and injuries but.... Big E is young, not old, same with Abby. Most of our injuries last year were young guys too, our old guys are actually surprisingly resilient.

I'm so tired of the age excuse, especially in regards to our injuries because its just not true.

I've never agreed with this. Everyone points to our age and injuries but.... Big E is young, not old, same with Abby. Most of our injuries last year were young guys too, our old guys are actually surprisingly resilient.

I'm so tired of the age excuse, especially in regards to our injuries because its just not true.

Injuries is one of the only times that age is a relative factor...

The sad fact is, that in the game of hockey you WILL get injured, it's not IF, it's when... well, combine those "whens" over time and the compound effect of those injuries take their toll... that is something that you cannot avoid with age, as it is a simple matter of playing longer and being exposed to more injuries...

The effects of 20 injuries over time, takes a lot more toll and is a LOT harder to come back from, then 2 or 3 over a shorter period of time... and this IS a result of age.

*groin*

Fixed it for you.

Draper I'm not worried about. He'll be back, and we are fine with the others we have playing.

Raffy on the other hand... 3-4 weeks seems like a long time, but if he's back and in good shape on the backside of the season, so be it.

OT:

Also, off topic..Mindfly your reputation level is now zero! congrats :hehe: The number will be green soon enough :lol:

They took away the - option. Now everyone, even our dear Sebastian, can be a positive person!

Edited by 55fan

Guest mindfly

f***..4weeks is like the maximum for knee scope surgery...just when it started to look so good :/