• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheOctopusKid

Rafalski out 3-4 weeks

Rate this topic

so will he be put on LTIR so we can call up another player?

Not needed right now because they have all ready called up Janik.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=15

Putting Draper on short-term injured reserve made a roster spot for Janik, and his salary fit in what they had left under the cap.

Edited by CenterIce

Bummer that he didn't discover the issue in the summer and get it scoped out then, but I'd rather get it over with in October than April.

I am assuming it is the same knee he had cleaned out over the summer. I guess it didn't respond to that.

I know its not needed...I just wanted to see smith

What, to ride the bench? The Wings would not have brought him up, yet. They already have a young Kindl in. Janik is the first depth defenseman that gets called up.

I am assuming it is the same knee he had cleaned out over the summer. I guess it didn't respond to that.

It isn't uncommon for older hockey players with bad knees to have multiple cleanings over the tail end of their careers. Obviously it's not desirable to have to do this yearly, but I imagine the wear on his knees is far above and beyond that of the average hockey player his age. Rafalski has probably played almost 300 games over the last 3 seasons (including preseason games and the Olympics).

Guest Heaten

We'll be okay for a month. This team is loaded.... The extra time off for him might actually be a good thing for a deep run.

Yeah nhl network says knee surgery.

It's worth mentioning that this type of arthroscopic knee surgery is minimally invasive and has a relatively quick turn-around compared to other knee surgeries. This isn't an issue as serious as Kronwall or Franzen's knee injuries last season.

Kronwall had an arthroscopic procedure on his knee just before camp and didn't miss much time.

3 or 4 weeks isn't so bad compared to having him grind it out on that knee all season.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Because having it happen in October completely eliminates it from ever happening again?

No, obviously it doesn't nor did I imply that. All I was saying was it could have been at a worse time, which still may happen.