• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

The Todd

Rate this topic

Yes i know it's very early, but I've gotta say that Bertuzzi looks like he has more jump than he's had in a long time. He really hustles on the back check, looks like he relishes playing with Franz and Filp, likes his role very much. And the little fight in preseason for the hit on Franzen :thumbup: . While he is indeed a scoring threat, he is really a great passer with his vision and hands and this seems like such a perfect fit for him.

He really looks like he's settled in with the Wings and is foucussed and will contribute even more this year.

WHat do you think?

i do think he has looked good so far. hopefully we won't have to have a todd bertuzzi sucks thread this year!

the thing to remember about bert is he is pretty streaky. 2 years ago he started off real well in calgary but was invisible down the stretch. so hopefully he can keep up his consistency this year.

Yes i know it's very early, but I've gotta say that Bertuzzi looks like he has more jump than he's had in a long time. He really hustles on the back check, looks like he relishes playing with Franz and Filp, likes his role very much. And the little fight in preseason for the hit on Franzen :thumbup: . While he is indeed a scoring threat, he is really a great passer with his vision and hands and this seems like such a perfect fit for him.

He really looks like he's settled in with the Wings and is foucussed and will contribute even more this year.

WHat do you think?

I think that line as a whole has hands down been our best line this season... I really hope they all stay healthy all season and if they do, that line could give all 3 of them career years... and dare I say it... maybe even a 50 goal year out of Mule...

I think that line as a whole has hands down been our best line this season... I really hope they all stay healthy all season and if they do, that line could give all 3 of them career years... and dare I say it... maybe even a 50 goal year out of Mule...

Well they are the BFF line!

You may dare... its certainly not out of the realm of possibility. The obvious key with Mule is staying healthy. If he plays in 75+ games this season, I don't think he should get any less than 40. 2nd line has been great, and the thing they're doing that the other lines aren't is finishing.

The Datsyuk line has been making a lot of plays happen but they're not quite burying it yet, but it will happen.

Glad to see Bert looking good. Keep it up!

WHat do you think?

Who does this Bertuzzi guy think he is anyway? This is supposed to be Filpula's break out season and Bertuzzi is stealing the show! How selfish of him.

Your right Bertuzzi looks great as does that whole second line. Bert seems happy to be playing in Detroit and seems to love his new line and role. Now if only that all powerful 3rd line to show up one of these games.

Who does this Bertuzzi guy think he is anyway? This is supposed to be Filpula's break out season and Bertuzzi is stealing the show! How selfish of him.

Your right Bertuzzi looks great as does that whole second line. Bert seems happy to be playing in Detroit and seems to love his new line and role. Now if only that all powerful 3rd line to show up one of these games.

They'll gel, give them a few games, they're already looking more comfortable together, but the fact that they didn't get to play together in the preseason and this is Modano's first year with the team, means there will be some learning curve...

It doesn't help adjusting to new d-men either... Kindl should have been backing off and let Hudler take the puck uncontested on the turnover that led to Colorado's 3rd(I'm pretty sure it was the 3rd) goal... it's bad enough when you've got to worry about the other team fighting you for the puck, let alone your own teammates...

They'll gel, give them a few games, they're already looking more comfortable together, but the fact that they didn't get to play together in the preseason and this is Modano's first year with the team, means there will be some learning curve...

It doesn't help adjusting to new d-men either... Kindl should have been backing off and let Hudler take the puck uncontested on the turnover that led to Colorado's 3rd(I'm pretty sure it was the 3rd) goal... it's bad enough when you've got to worry about the other team fighting you for the puck, let alone your own teammates...

I'm just given them the gears a bit because it was the 3rd line that was supposed to be the backbreaking line but our 2nd line has stolen the show. I never realized what a big dude Modano is, he moves pretty good for an old fella still. I'm sure your right and they will gel soon enough but last night the 4th line was much more noticable to me... nice shorty by Helmer and Eaves!

I'm just given them the gears a bit because it was the 3rd line that was supposed to be the backbreaking line but our 2nd line has stolen the show. I never realized what a big dude Modano is, he moves pretty good for an old fella still. I'm sure your right and they will gel soon enough but last night the 4th line was much more noticable to me... nice shorty by Helmer and Eaves!

For sure, this is the strongest 4 lines top to bottom we've had since the salary cap... it's exciting!

He looks good on that line, but I wouldn't say he's revitalized.

In his prime, he'd be destroying people out there with crushing bodychecks, and scaring the hell out of opposition with his dominance in front of the net.

He's fit in nicely in Detroit, but is a different, more tentative player than he was before. He's reinvented himself, not revitalized.

In his prime, he'd be destroying people out there with crushing bodychecks, and scaring the hell out of opposition with his dominance in front of the net.

He's fit in nicely in Detroit, but is a different, more tentative player than he was before. He's reinvented himself, not revitalized.

Indeed.

Go BFFs!

I love this thread for two reasons - the title "the BFF" line and for the Scrubs reference

Someone needs to photoshop a picture of the three of them celebrating after a goal with a tag line like "BFF's, like forever!"

:thumbup:

Edited by stevkrause

I hated bert last year, while some say he carried the wings for a month the only thing I seen him carry was Dats point total down. With that said I think he fits well with Mule, Dats was to flashy for bert, while mule compliments his style.

The whole BFF line works and from what I can see Bert is looking good. But we are only 3 games into the season so Bert has plenty of time to regain my hatred of him... but I hope he doesn't.

i have to agree. hes looking much better. def noticed him on the back check quite a few times. hes making some nice passes too never figured him as a setup guy

Really? He became setup guy few years ago already. And he is one of the best at it.

No, I agree, he is certainly past his prime and will never be that player again. Part of that is indeed his lower back issues.

I do mean exactly that he is not near as tentative as he has been since leaving Vancouver. He has a lot more jump than he ever had in Florida, Detroit I, Anaheim, Calgary, and even last year with the Wings. He is playing with a lot more confidence and flow than I've seen him play with since leaving Vancouver. He looks like he is enjoing the game, at home with is teammates, and feels good to hustle. He doesn't look frustrated and like he is laboring and also thinking too much out there like he has since leaving Morrison and Nazzie.

Is he good as new? No. Revitalized? Yes.

No, I agree, he is certainly past his prime and will never be that player again. Part of that is indeed his lower back issues.

I do mean exactly that he is not near as tentative as he has been since leaving Vancouver. He has a lot more jump than he ever had in Florida, Detroit I, Anaheim, Calgary, and even last year with the Wings. He is playing with a lot more confidence and flow than I've seen him play with since leaving Vancouver. He looks like he is enjoing the game, at home with is teammates, and feels good to hustle. He doesn't look frustrated and like he is laboring and also thinking too much out there like he has since leaving Morrison and Nazzie.

Is he good as new? No. Revitalized? Yes.

Bertuzzi's back injury was going to limit his ability to play a physically pounding game. But the main reason he has not been "The Todd" that he was in Vancouver as far as production is because he was a huge beneficiary of his linemates there. Morrison was a great playmaker and two-way center, and Naslund was one of the most offensively dominant individuals the league has seen in ages.

The biggest thing I have noticed with him is he seems happy out there.

Healthy and happy.

He has a big smile and is loving feeding the puck to mule.

Good for Det!