• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Osgood to get the start in Dallas

Rate this topic

Howard certainly didn't play like a number 1 goalie in the last game. I'm glad Babs is allowing Ozzie to pressure him by giving Ozzie some time between the pipes.

I agree. I think they are going to have to battle it out. Howard let a real soft goal in last game right over the shoulder. He was also out of position for the better part of the third period.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one, still reading the last GDT and trying to determine if infact Howard let in soft goals or not?

But seriously, I think it's good to start with a rotation, atleast give Oz a chance to win his spot back. He played well against Chicago.

Maybe if Howard played like an NHL goalie last game he'd have gotten the nod? He sucked last night! I hope they both play well and push each other to play better... unlike last year when Osgood stunk and Howard was better.

This

Let Ozzie put some pressure on the kid. We'll be fine, I think our offense will have to bail us out a bit in the near future though.

we need to make howard our number one. he needs to get confident or he will play like he did last game the whole season

Howard was battling for the #1 position last year. Also how much more confident do you get when you have a shutout in your first official game back? I wouldn't worry too much, we're establishing our #1, clean slate. 5-6 games each and we'll know who's for real.

This is a great thing. Keep the goalies rotating until one clearly pulls ahead of the other. I want the games to be split like 60/40 or 70/30 by the end of the year between our playoff goalie and the backup. More reps for both players is never a bad thing.

Sounds nice in theory, but you know the audience you are asking in here? Red Wings fans generally speaking act like complete idiots when it comes to goaltending talk.

This. I mean if we actually make it to game ten of a season without an extended discussion of how the reainmated corpse of Terry Sawchuck would be better in goal, even if he was missing his blocker because his decayed arm fell off mid-period, then we're bored with the team and not really trying.

Um...forgive me for pointing out the best possible scenario (considering how it usually is accepted around here), but wouldn't we want Osgood playing just as well as Howard this season, with them both splitting starts (maybe Howard 3 to Osgood's 2), and we can have some goaltending confidence not only throughout the regular season, but in the playoffs as well? I mean, forgive me if I'm wrong, but if we had to pull Howard last season, Osgood wasn't exactly playing good enough himself to really turn a game around. This way, if Osgood bounces back this season, and Howard is as stellar as he was last season only starting less games, then perhaps we could have a pretty dominant goaltending duo in the playoffs, without Jimmy being overworked.

Um...forgive me for pointing out the best possible scenario (considering how it usually is accepted around here), but wouldn't we want Osgood playing just as well as Howard this season, with them both splitting starts (maybe Howard 3 to Osgood's 2), and we can have some goaltending confidence not only throughout the regular season, but in the playoffs as well? I mean, forgive me if I'm wrong, but if we had to pull Howard last season, Osgood wasn't exactly playing good enough himself to really turn a game around. This way, if Osgood bounces back this season, and Howard is as stellar as he was last season only starting less games, then perhaps we could have a pretty dominant goaltending duo in the playoffs, without Jimmy being overworked.

Um...yeah! :clap::thumbup::clap::thumbup:

Well that was a bad idea

What, the team collectively deciding they didn't want to play tonight? Absolutely, that was a bad idea. Letting Howard get shellacked behind this lackluster effort would likely have been a worse idea.

Yeah, Howard probably would have done much better with the ZERO GOALS WE HAVE SCORED TONIGHT.

Howard wouldnt have let in 4 goals on only 16 SHOTS TONIGHT.

People on here always say the team doesn't play good infront of osgood and blame the team but he always seems to let in a goal he shouldn't and take all the wind out of the teams sail. Its hard to play hard when youre down 4 goals and the other team has only had 10 shots or something.

Some of those goals Osgood let in were soft as hell. We NEED him to play much better. Almost every tim he gets a start he gives up 3 or 4 goals. Osgood may be out of gas. I can't remember the last time he stole a game for us. The guy looks WAY below average. I know the whole team looked flat, but I'll tell you this. I play hockey and I know some of you do as well. When the guy between the pipes is letting SOFT s*** get behind him in the first 60 seconds of the game it's hard to get it going. The Wings play like they don't have much confidence in him. We hit the post/crossbar a few times tonight as well.

Didn't the first goal deflect off of Salei? And he had no chance at all on that goal from behind the net. Then Stuart put that one goal in that obviously can't be blamed on Osgood. I don't think Osgood played great by any means as he didn't come up with the miracle saves, but no way can this loss be pinned on him. Neither Osgood nor Howard got a tremendous amount of help in the last couple games. When they had support from the team in the first couple games, they both looked good. I'm going with that for now.

Didn't the first goal deflect off of Salei? And he had no chance at all on that goal from behind the net. Then Stuart put that one goal in that obviously can't be blamed on Osgood. I don't think Osgood played great by any means as he didn't come up with the miracle saves, but no way can this loss be pinned on him. Neither Osgood nor Howard got a tremendous amount of help in the last couple games. When they had support from the team in the first couple games, they both looked good. I'm going with that for now.

He let in 4 goals on 9 shots, an NHL goalie shouldn't be doing that.

Howard wouldnt have let in 4 goals on only 16 SHOTS TONIGHT.

People on here always say the team doesn't play good infront of osgood and blame the team but he always seems to let in a goal he shouldn't and take all the wind out of the teams sail. Its hard to play hard when youre down 4 goals and the other team has only had 10 shots or something.

The team was down by one in the first. The Wings didn't get much out of that.

Only down by 2 into the second. Once again, no offense to speak of.

Where exactly were you last night? Howard let in a goal with less than a minute into the third and gave up the tying goal with what, 5 minutes to play?

Osgood wasn't great, but to say he was a deciding factor in this game is silly. Howard would not have gotten anything close to a win. The team was that bad.