• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/14 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Stars 4

Rate this topic

Figure I would post this, but I'm sure 80% of the people this is directed at will miss it...maybe this will help.

HEY!

Since I'm getting like 3/4 of my users from LGW on my site, some are probably wondering why they aren't being approved fast enough.

Well the reason is that many people aren't actual members here (lurk) or have signed up and never posted. We need something to check out how much of a fan you are (fandom ^_^) and at least not a trouble maker :D. So if you are one of those users what you can do is send us an email, the "Contact Us" link on the main page, and let me know of somewhere you post, comment, chat....whatever, about the Wings. Hell it can be your twitter account, that has been sufficient for others. Or if you have nothing like that you can send your best sob story , I've only had one good one...it may work :dntknw:. I do ask that you please, PLEASE!, mention the username you signed up with, saves me a ton of time (I'll probably just ignore it other wise).

Figure I would post this, but I'm sure 80% of the people this is directed at will miss it...maybe this will help.

HEY!

Since I'm getting like 3/4 of my users from LGW on my site, some are probably wondering why they aren't being approved fast enough.

Well the reason is that many people aren't actual members here (lurk) or have signed up and never posted. We need something to check out how much of a fan you are (fandom ^_^) and at least not a trouble maker :D. So if you are one of those users what you can do is send us an email, the "Contact Us" link on the main page, and let me know of somewhere you post, comment, chat....whatever, about the Wings. Hell it can be your twitter account, that has been sufficient for others. Or if you have nothing like that you can send your best sob story , I've only had one good one...it may work :dntknw:. I do ask that you please, PLEASE!, mention the username you signed up with, saves me a ton of time (I'll probably just ignore it other wise).

Sorry, I should have put more info in my application earlier today - now that I've read this.

It seems like whenever a player is shunned by an organization, or leaves on bad terms, and he meets that same team on another team, he always plays above the rim. No matter the sport. I look for Modano to have a nice game, say 1 goal and an assist. Who knows, maybe it'll come at a crucial time.

Does anybody else find it ridiculous that baseball teams celebrate like that every time they advance a round, or even just make the playoffs?

No?

Edited by dropkickshanahans

OK, so this is a little off topic, but spouse told me that the Texas Rangers' baseball team celebrated their win, but chose to drink ginger ale (No, not Mickey's kind. :) ) instead of champagne because Josh Hamilton had said he couldn't be in the clubhouse for it because of his (recovering) alcoholism. Is that cool, OR WHAT?!

That is cool.

... What? :blink:

i don't know what possessed me to write these before each game....but i am. blame it on DEXTER and the episode with the comic "dark avenger"

for those of you still wondering WTF? imagine a shadowy figure following the Wings across the season and keeping them out of "harms way"

that's my reasoning and i am sticking to it.

this is what i am talking about....

OUR MAD ASSASSIN, ON HIS LATEST QUEST GRUMBLY STEPS OFF THE PLANE...."WHY AM I HERE???"

"DALLAS HUH? DOESNT SEEM SO BAD. WARM, SUNNY...JUST WHAT I NEED." AS HE APPROACHES THE BAR LOOKING FOR A RELAXANT...A TIGHT SHOULD CLIPS HIM AND CONTINUES ON.

SHOCKED BY THIS RUDE GESTURE OUR "HERO" TAKES A QUICK CHECK BEHIND HIM TO REVEAL HIS ASSAILANT.

A PORTLY FELLOW RUSHING THROUGH THE AIRPORT TERMINAL LOOKING FOR HIS "LIFE MATE" WEARING A BLACK AND GREEN SHIRT.

"OTT"

"NOW I REMEMBER."

"GONNA NEED THE HEAVY ROUNDS TONIGHT"

(i had to work late and missed putting in before the Colorado game, i am completely to blame for the loss.)

Maybe this game will set off the Hudler-Madano-Cleary line and start getting the offense going with that line. If Osgood can step up and play awesome like he did against Chicago then I could see a fairly easy win (4-2). I just hope the Wings show up to play tonight, after the last outting it reminded me too much of last year, hopefully we don't see that team too much this year. In fact Pens looked pretty similar yesterday to the Wings work ethic against Colorado last game.

Just after midnight over here and have to be up at 6am tomorrow so off to bed. Good luck to the Wings tonight and for all of you watching enjoy the game. The two American sports channels over here are covering South Florida - West Virginia and Flyers - Lightning so won't see the game at all. Will just have to read this thread in the morning and hopefully get some good news.

Gerry

Does anybody else find it ridiculous that baseball teams celebrate like that every time they advance a round, or even just make the playoffs?

I loved it in 2006 as a Tigers fan. Only time in my life they have made the playoffs so that celebration was amazing. I can see why the Rangers did it as well having never won a playoff series. For teams like the Yankees and Phillies though it makes less sense because they do it every year.

Anyways, hoping the Red Wings decide to actually work out there tonight. I expect no less coming off that effort on Tuesday. Go Ozzie and Wings!

Been waiting for this game ever since Modano signed with us! I really want to know how the Stars fans will treat him. I'm guessing they will still show respect for the man, they don't seem like a classless bunch as fans. Here's to a good game, especially for Modano!

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Modano, Franzen, Filppula)

Stars 3

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!