• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/14 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Stars 4

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Also, considering all of his injuries, I know when he is in, he is really good, but remember the debate about whether we re-sign Franzen or Hossa? Well, since Franzen looks like a china doll every season, maybe we should've signed Hossa...

BTW, another consistent china doll is Kronwall, look for his departure soon... Of course I hope not, but it would be par for course...

My sarcasm detector isn't working? Regular season Hossa over a playoff stud in Franzen?

Stanley Cup > Presidents trophy

Guest Crymson

Also, considering all of his injuries, I know when he is in, he is really good, but remember the debate about whether we re-sign Franzen or Hossa? Well, since Franzen looks like a china doll every season, maybe we should've signed Hossa...

BTW, another consistent china doll is Kronwall, look for his departure soon... Of course I hope not, but it would be par for course...

Let's trade everyone.

Thankfully it is finally over. I feel bad for Madono, I am sure he envisioned his home coming a lot different then how it went. I can't imagine how it would feel to go back to Dallas and be embarrassed in front of your former team.

I've seen worse, but I was disappointed that the team didn't seem to have any desire to win this, considering.

It's really a shame to lose Mule in a game this poorly executed.

Guest DetroitBoy313

It's funny when I see everyone say "they didn't come to play" or "what a horrible EFFORT".Well maybe guys,we aren't that good anymore but no one wants to admit it.We're old and we're probably falling apart.Lidstrom isn't the same anymore,guys like Homer and Bert are old.Zetterberg seems to just have lost his magic for whatever reason.Maybe we just can't compete anymore.I don't care what anyone says,it's only four games in and we haven't looked at ALL.If it wasn't for some lucky bounces in Chicago we could easily be 1-2-1 right now.Just my opinion.

Edited by DetroitBoy313

Guest Crymson

Can we trade you off this board first?

I can see that you're angry. Would you like to talk about it? PM me if so.

It's funny when I see everyone say "they didn't come to play" or "what a horrible EFFORT".Well maybe guys,we aren't that good anymore but no one wants to admit it.We're old and we're probably falling apart.Lidstrom isn't the same anymore,guys like Homer and Bert are old.Zetterberg seems to just have lost his magic for whatever reason.Maybe we just can't compete anymore.I don't care what anyone says,it's only four games in and we haven't looked at ALL.If it wasn't for some lucky bounces in Chicago we could easily be 1-2-1 right now.Just my opinion.

I agree. Lucky bounces are totally meaningless--tonight included--and the team is terrible. We are screwed. The analysts were all wrong.

Edited by Crymson

Let's trade everyone.

Just an observation. How about, should've paid China Doll Franzen less money and gave Hossa the measly $5M he wanted? Just saying, Franzen get hurt way too much. Sure he shows up well rested in the playeoffs, but where did that get us last season?

I am just tired of the same guys getting hurt consistantly every season, Franzen, next Kronwall then Zetterberg... Those guys ALWAYS seem to get sidelined for a period of time EVERY season. Lets NOT trade them, but damn, stay freakin healthy for a season...

I think you are closer to the truth than we care to admit!!!

thats the ol' GDT talk I was missing.

Guest Crymson

thats the ol' GDT talk I was missing.

He'll change his tune if they win the next two games. lol.

The Stars are yucking it up that Franzen got smacked and nobody did s*** about it. Not even when being blown out. Nice job fellas.

esteef

Can't really say that the Stars have it wrong. The rest of the league is paying attention, too.

I do hope we don't play triage hockey all season long -- again.

This loss doesn't bother me, in fact, it'll probably bring them together and regroup and encourage them to stop playing so lazy. Their head's are still in the offseason, so this embarrassment should give them some spark.

What does bother me is Franzen is injured. That stings!

Oh, how anyone can blame Ozzie is beyond me. Stuart scored twice and Salei scored once on him. Salei and Janik are not very good.

True, nothing to worry about but I still just don't get what in the hell has happened to our defense the last few years. It's so easy to blame McCrimmon and I don't really know if there's really any validity to that claim or not, but they have been consistently sloppy since he came on board. So many little things just don't happen in our end that need to happen. Now this year we've got Rafi out early and a new guy in Salei. That worries me a bit again after tonight because it's simply not a new problem for this team. They were too damn solid defensively in '07-'08 with a similar squad and suddenly with McCrimmon, the only consistent on the defensive end is incredibly inconsistent play. And again, my beef on this matter isn't a knee-jerk reaction to this season alone. Its game 4 and I get that. Like I said, consistent inconsistency.

And after watching the replays again, it's definitely tough to pin too much of this loss on Osgood. He didn't have much of a chance for the most part. Bummer for both of our goalies to have good first games and rough second games though. You'd like to see one have consistent outcomes early on.

Guest Heaten

whelp, looks like LGW is about to go into full panic mode now and the s*** storm is about to begin after the Red Wings FIRST regular season lost (in regular time).

5-4-3-2-1

atomic_bomb_explosion.jpg

Edited by Heaten

Guest DetroitBoy313

He'll change his tune if they win the next two games. lol.

I'm not speaking of the next two games,I'm speaking for right NOW.I don't know what the hell is going to happen in the next two games.I'm commenting on what I've witnessed the last four games.Teams just look better than us.If you would have watched the Colordo-Detroit game without having any hockey knowledge of who was "supposed" to better or win the game you would say damn this Colorado team is better than Detroit.If they start winning yes I probably will change my opinion but you know what honestly I don't see this team being any different from last year.Am I wrong for saying that? No,that's just my opinion brotha.Teams are hungrier than us right now,plain and simple.They're younger and faster.

Edited by DetroitBoy313

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Anyone have video of the hit on Franzen?

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

I'm wondering if Zetterberg hasn't been hampered by chronic issues. He's had the back issues creep up quite a bit it seems here and there. Even if he's just missing a game or two for it now and then or even just sitting out practices, you wonder how much pain he might be playing in or if he's just not able to do what he once could consistently.

I've never resorted to this kind of thing, and I won't do it again once I get suspended, but here goes. Crymson, you have got to be the most irritating ****** bag any of us have ever had to endure on this board. You can't seem to be able to abide by any venting or hyperbolized rants. What is it about the phrase "chill out" that you don't understand - you've only had that suggested to you by about 100 people. I pity the people who have to work with you. Were you regularly de-pantsed and snapped with wet towels in the locker room when you were in school?

wow really guys? After an OT lose in a game we should have won, and a lose against Dallas we are all of a sudden s***? Man you'd be killing yourselves if you were Pitt. or Nucks fans. For god sakes relax, we are used to Mule being gone for a while, dude this is an every year occurrence, we will be fine and ***** about meaningless s*** while most team have massive problems.