• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

10/14 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Stars 4

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

man there is a lot of freaking out, it seriously mirrors the last few years. We need to get tougher, we need to play interested, Franzen needs to stop being injured, Z needs to step up, Flip/Hudles also. Glad the season has started!

Yup, the forum is eerily familiar (like a psychic dream) every October/November. Only a matter of time before the "Lidstrom should retire" threads pop up. I see the ever-so-familiar "Is Zetterberg slowing down" has already popped up.... just like clock work.

LGW is having epic meltdown after the 1st regulation loss of the season... Imagine if wings go on a 3 game losing streak... may witness a mass suicide. :ph34r:

man there is a lot of freaking out, it seriously mirrors the last few years. We need to get tougher, we need to play interested, Franzen needs to stop being injured, Z needs to step up, Flip/Hudles also. Glad the season has started!

Seriously dude? What the heck does the guy need to do to please some people? 2 goals, 4 points through 4 games yet he needs to 'step up'? C'mon...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Not much to say about this game. The Wings stunk. Onto the next one. I think I said the same thing after the Colorado game. Maybe I'm in denial, I don't know. I don't feel like freaking out right now. Come on Wings. At least put some effort into it.

Seriously dude? What the heck does the guy need to do to please some people? 2 goals, 4 points through 4 games yet he needs to 'step up'? C'mon...

You know how it is, one bad game and suddenly everyone forgets anything good that a player has done previous games.

Just hope that Babs will find the way to fix the d-pair combos,cause this was just pathetic.

Brad Richards was skating alone like on the frigging Battle of Blades the whole game. :ranting:

Still enough time bounce back though :ph34r:

Edited by pucktividi

Or they just got sloppy. Defense always has issues and now they've got Injuries and new guys back there. I don't think this has anything to do with Babcock. At all.

Or, possibly, they just haven't found their groove yet and are going through a "dead legs" period to start the season.

As bad as they've been they were just as good in the first two games.

I'd like to note that while they did lose 4-1, they were able to limit the number of chances Dallas got. I think that type of game plan will be a winner more often than not.

Patience everyone.

Guest mindfly

I'm so ******* pissed off, franzen can never stay healthy...

Rafalski

Franzen

Abdelkader

Draper

Ericsson

It's 09/10 all over again....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I'm so ******* pissed off, franzen can never stay healthy...

Rafalski

Franzen

Abdelkader

Draper

Ericsson

It's 09/10 all over again....GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Maybe we should be mad at the athletic trainer? :ph34r:

I'm still upset that no one went after Fistric last night. Even more so than losing the game.

If your friend gets hit with a cheap shot, wouldn't you step in there and retaliate against the SOB that did it? Every other team does that, but we don't. No one seemed to care whatsoever, which doesn't show much solidarity.

Now I know the anti-enforcer slappies will point out how Franzen's injury wouldn't have been prevented by retaliation, but still it sucks that this team is so unwilling to stick up for one another in a situation like that.

Guest mindfly

Fistric put up his elbow like that because he knew wings' dont dress enforcers or decent tough guys so he knew he would get away with it and so does other teams' players around the league.

Btw Did ya'll notice

Lidstrom -3

Datsyuk -3

Zetterberg -3

Supposed to be our best players.....

Edited by mindfly

I was saying the most commonly used phrases on LGW every year around this time. I'm not worried about us at all.

I'm still upset that no one went after Fistric last night. Even more so than losing the game.

If your friend gets hit with a cheap shot, wouldn't you step in there and retaliate against the SOB that did it? Every other team does that, but we don't. No one seemed to care whatsoever, which doesn't show much solidarity.

Now I know the anti-enforcer slappies will point out how Franzen's injury wouldn't have been prevented by retaliation, but still it sucks that this team is so unwilling to stick up for one another in a situation like that.

yeah that really pisses me off, I understand they are professionals but anytime I've ever played a sport if someone cheapshotted a teamate someone on the other team was getting f***ed up. it is astounding how they just shrug that s*** off, I mean as a fan we want to bit the s*** out the player how does someone who is so close just do nothing?

Edited by ben_usmc

Guest Heaten

Btw Did ya'll notice

Lidstrom -3

Datsyuk -3

Zetterberg -3

I noticed. This game was similar to the Islander game last year when Wings got blown out and laughed off the ice. Losing games like this builds character and motivation. They need motivation, their heads are still in the offseason.

Guest Heaten

Beating the s*** out of the player who just elbowed your top scorer off the ice builds character too. Just sayin'...

esteef

Kind of hard when Abdelkader and Ericsson are both out injured. Datsyuk, Z or Lidstrom should not fight. Miller, Stuart, Janik or that joke of a defensemen Holland just signed Salei should have stepped up.

At this point, I can't wait to get Ericsson back, Salei is a joke.

Kind of hard when Abdelkader and Ericsson are both out injured. Datsyuk, Z or Lidstrom should not fight. Miller, Stuart, Janik or that joke of a defensemen Holland just signed Salei should have stepped up.

Haven't been impressed with Salei either but someone should've done something, even if it's just drilling Fistric into the boards. It ain't like it was Ott or Barch smacking Mule, it was Fistric's little ass. Exactly the kind of s*** Babs was talking about, non-tough guys acting tough against the Wings.

esteef

datsyuk6.jpg

Guest Crymson

We've got all of four games to go by. He played well in the first one. He's got the potential.

Fistric put up his elbow like that because he knew wings' dont dress enforcers or decent tough guys so he knew he would get away with it and so does other teams' players around the league.

Btw Did ya'll notice

Lidstrom -3

Datsyuk -3

Zetterberg -3

DEPTH!!!!