• Please log in to reply
669 replies to this topic

#41 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

I'm gonna say Hank won't get a hat trick tonight...

#42 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:47 AM

NHL Western Conference Standings updated.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#43 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

Im going to lol when Modano gets Boo'ed. Then ill lol again when we win.

I'm not sure why they would boo him. Its not like he left, the Stars front office said they didn't want him back. He didn't have a choice. If they're going to boo someone, boo the GM.

#44 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

Wings win nine nothing, Modano scores three each period. Let's go Wings

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#45 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:30 AM

Why is it that the stream links to an old GDT? Will that be replaced when somebody finds a link? Thanks, whoever answers.

#46 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

Recycling one of my old playoff photoshops...

Posted Image

Hahaha nice, I just got done playing that game too.

4-3 Wings in OT.

Posted Image

#47 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:05 PM

Alright Janik, redemption by pounding Otts head in sound good? Sonuds great me

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#48 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

If the 4th line plays just as good as they did last game we should win unless there are some soft goals allowed.

#49 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

i hope modano nets the GWG!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#50 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:39 PM

I'll be interested to see how the fans treat Mo in his return to Dallas wearing the Winged Wheel. Go Red Wings!!

#51 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:29 PM

Figure I would post this, but I'm sure 80% of the people this is directed at will miss it...maybe this will help.

HEY!

Since I'm getting like 3/4 of my users from LGW on my site, some are probably wondering why they aren't being approved fast enough.

Well the reason is that many people aren't actual members here (lurk) or have signed up and never posted. We need something to check out how much of a fan you are (fandom ^_^) and at least not a trouble maker :D. So if you are one of those users what you can do is send us an email, the "Contact Us" link on the main page, and let me know of somewhere you post, comment, chat....whatever, about the Wings. Hell it can be your twitter account, that has been sufficient for others. Or if you have nothing like that you can send your best sob story , I've only had one good one...it may work :dntknw:. I do ask that you please, PLEASE!, mention the username you signed up with, saves me a ton of time (I'll probably just ignore it other wise).

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#52 ilmickeyli

ilmickeyli

Meatwad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Figure I would post this, but I'm sure 80% of the people this is directed at will miss it...maybe this will help.

HEY!

Since I'm getting like 3/4 of my users from LGW on my site, some are probably wondering why they aren't being approved fast enough.

Well the reason is that many people aren't actual members here (lurk) or have signed up and never posted. We need something to check out how much of a fan you are (fandom ^_^) and at least not a trouble maker :D. So if you are one of those users what you can do is send us an email, the "Contact Us" link on the main page, and let me know of somewhere you post, comment, chat....whatever, about the Wings. Hell it can be your twitter account, that has been sufficient for others. Or if you have nothing like that you can send your best sob story , I've only had one good one...it may work :dntknw:. I do ask that you please, PLEASE!, mention the username you signed up with, saves me a ton of time (I'll probably just ignore it other wise).

Sorry, I should have put more info in my application earlier today - now that I've read this.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#53 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

Alright Janik, redemption by pounding Otts head in sound good? Sonuds great me

Well between Ott, Burish and Sutherby he should be able to find someone.

Also: I think Stars fans realize it was the front office that forced Modano to leave. I think he gets a standing O!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#54 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

Sorry, I should have put more info in my application earlier today - now that I've read this.

Your join date and post count gave you more than enough credit :)

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#55 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

3-1 Wings sounds good ;P

Posted Image

#56 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

it would give me a boost of confidence if ozzy had two good games in a row
To whom much is given, much is expected

#57 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 04:58 PM

It seems like whenever a player is shunned by an organization, or leaves on bad terms, and he meets that same team on another team, he always plays above the rim. No matter the sport. I look for Modano to have a nice game, say 1 goal and an assist. Who knows, maybe it'll come at a crucial time.

Does anybody else find it ridiculous that baseball teams celebrate like that every time they advance a round, or even just make the playoffs?

No?

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 14 October 2010 - 04:58 PM.

#58 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

i hope modano nets the GWG!

...on ozzy's assist :siren:

#59 Lord Stanely

Lord Stanely

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:North Central Iowa, via Chicago, via Adrian, MI; via Warren

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

OK, so this is a little off topic, but spouse told me that the Texas Rangers' baseball team celebrated their win, but chose to drink ginger ale (No, not Mickey's kind. :) ) instead of champagne because Josh Hamilton had said he couldn't be in the clubhouse for it because of his (recovering) alcoholism. Is that cool, OR WHAT?!

That is cool.
Stuck in God-forsaken North Central Iowa with no hockey, hills, food or trees!

#60 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 05:26 PM

... What? :blink:

i don't know what possessed me to write these before each game....but i am. blame it on DEXTER and the episode with the comic "dark avenger"

for those of you still wondering WTF? imagine a shadowy figure following the Wings across the season and keeping them out of "harms way"

that's my reasoning and i am sticking to it.

this is what i am talking about....

OUR MAD ASSASSIN, ON HIS LATEST QUEST GRUMBLY STEPS OFF THE PLANE...."WHY AM I HERE???"

"DALLAS HUH? DOESNT SEEM SO BAD. WARM, SUNNY...JUST WHAT I NEED." AS HE APPROACHES THE BAR LOOKING FOR A RELAXANT...A TIGHT SHOULD CLIPS HIM AND CONTINUES ON.

SHOCKED BY THIS RUDE GESTURE OUR "HERO" TAKES A QUICK CHECK BEHIND HIM TO REVEAL HIS ASSAILANT.

A PORTLY FELLOW RUSHING THROUGH THE AIRPORT TERMINAL LOOKING FOR HIS "LIFE MATE" WEARING A BLACK AND GREEN SHIRT.

"OTT"

"NOW I REMEMBER."

"GONNA NEED THE HEAVY ROUNDS TONIGHT"

(i had to work late and missed putting in before the Colorado game, i am completely to blame for the loss.)

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1