• Please log in to reply
669 replies to this topic

#661 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

Fistric put up his elbow like that because he knew wings' dont dress enforcers or decent tough guys so he knew he would get away with it and so does other teams' players around the league.

Btw Did ya'll notice

Lidstrom -3
Datsyuk -3
Zetterberg -3

Supposed to be our best players.....

Edited by mindfly, 15 October 2010 - 01:03 PM.

#662 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:34 PM

Seriously dude? What the heck does the guy need to do to please some people? 2 goals, 4 points through 4 games yet he needs to 'step up'? C'mon...

I was saying the most commonly used phrases on LGW every year around this time. I'm not worried about us at all.

I'm still upset that no one went after Fistric last night. Even more so than losing the game.

If your friend gets hit with a cheap shot, wouldn't you step in there and retaliate against the SOB that did it? Every other team does that, but we don't. No one seemed to care whatsoever, which doesn't show much solidarity.

Now I know the anti-enforcer slappies will point out how Franzen's injury wouldn't have been prevented by retaliation, but still it sucks that this team is so unwilling to stick up for one another in a situation like that.

yeah that really pisses me off, I understand they are professionals but anytime I've ever played a sport if someone cheapshotted a teamate someone on the other team was getting f***ed up. it is astounding how they just shrug that s*** off, I mean as a fan we want to bit the s*** out the player how does someone who is so close just do nothing?

Edited by ben_usmc, 15 October 2010 - 01:37 PM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#663 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:06 PM

Btw Did ya'll notice

Lidstrom -3
Datsyuk -3
Zetterberg -3

I noticed. This game was similar to the Islander game last year when Wings got blown out and laughed off the ice. Losing games like this builds character and motivation. They need motivation, their heads are still in the offseason.

#664 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:15 PM

Beating the s*** out of the player who just elbowed your top scorer off the ice builds character too. Just sayin'...

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#665 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Beating the s*** out of the player who just elbowed your top scorer off the ice builds character too. Just sayin'...

esteef

Kind of hard when Abdelkader and Ericsson are both out injured. Datsyuk, Z or Lidstrom should not fight. Miller, Stuart, Janik or that joke of a defensemen Holland just signed Salei should have stepped up.

At this point, I can't wait to get Ericsson back, Salei is a joke.

#666 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:24 PM

Kind of hard when Abdelkader and Ericsson are both out injured. Datsyuk, Z or Lidstrom should not fight. Miller, Stuart, Janik or that joke of a defensemen Holland just signed Salei should have stepped up.

Haven't been impressed with Salei either but someone should've done something, even if it's just drilling Fistric into the boards. It ain't like it was Ott or Barch smacking Mule, it was Fistric's little ass. Exactly the kind of s*** Babs was talking about, non-tough guys acting tough against the Wings.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#667 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#668 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:54 PM

Haven't been impressed with Salei either

C'mon. He did a brilliant job using his face to break Sutton's hand. :lol:

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#669 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:19 PM

We've got all of four games to go by. He played well in the first one. He's got the potential.

#670 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Fistric put up his elbow like that because he knew wings' dont dress enforcers or decent tough guys so he knew he would get away with it and so does other teams' players around the league.

Btw Did ya'll notice

Lidstrom -3
Datsyuk -3
Zetterberg -3

DEPTH!!!!