• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Z Winged Dangler

Leafs are in 1st place overall!

Rate this topic

I know it's early in the season, but as of right now the Leafs are 1st overall. The great thing about that is that they beat the Penguins to get there and the Pens are 13th in the East currently with a 1-3 record :thumbup:

And for anyone who hates "Flower" as much as I do, he is 0-3 and he let in 4 goals last night on 14 shots for a whopping 71.4% saves. Go Leafs I guess. Not a fan, but I like it when they beat the Habs and Pens.

I watched the game last night, the wife is a huge Leafs fan. The penguins looked mighty sloppy and their passing sucked, but I have to admit, the leafs didn't look all that bad. Even the fight was mostly one-sided, until the 'pen caught Orr with an overhand and put him on the ice...

Better the Leafs than the Pens or Hawks

Im actually a little happy for them since they sell out every game and fans continue to buy the most expensive tickets (on average) in the league to go see this team that has been so bad the last few years. They deserve some good times

Edited by Yak19

I watched the game last night, the wife is a huge Leafs fan. The penguins looked mighty sloppy and their passing sucked, but I have to admit, the leafs didn't look all that bad. Even the fight was mostly one-sided, until the 'pen caught Orr with an overhand and put him on the ice...

For the record they had 14 shots on goal last night.

That is just abysmal.

Good for them. Their Defense is just amazing, thats probably why. If their defense can hold up, they'll be in the playoffs.

I personally think their defense is overrated. But if they continue to find ways to score, they'll definitely surprise a lot of people. I'm not sold until the end of the month though, consistency makes the playoffs, not a few games worth of a win streak.

They haven't played any team that has challenged them. Ottawa is a terrible team with no depth and no goaltending, Montreal is just as bad for getting rid of Halak and they were missing Markov, Hamrlik, Cam, and they have Price in net. The Pens also didn't even dress their entire lineup, Orpik and the other top D-man were both out, and their missing Staal, and they have Fleury in net. I mean I want to give the Leafs some credit but they played teams with alot of their starters out and terrible goalies. Until they run into a match in the East with their full roster playing, im gonna hold off on the Leafs are amazing comments. For the poster that asked if anyone has watched the Leafs games, I have and yes they have improved over the last year but I don't think they are a team that could stay top 4 in the East.

just wait for a few weeks to pass, they are on top because of luck

I give them full credit for being 3-0, but I agree. Montreal had some big injuries and Price played despite just getting over the flu, Ottawa's goal tending sucks and they also played the night before, and Pittsburgh can't win at home for some reason.

Maybe I'm over analyzing but there's still 79 games to go. Plus Pittsburgh is 1-3 and Chicago is 1-2-1, there's no way that continues.

Not top 4 but theyll make the playoffs I think.

Their work ethic is impressive. Their D is much improved, better goaltending too as well as key saved. If this was last year they would have probably lost game 1 and last night but their D didn't fold in the 3rd periods of both games.

I totally agree, they look like a young hungry team. But how long will that last ? Their D looks good, but have been exposed for alot of flaws with fast elusive players, the monster im not sold on, he played bad in the pre-season and didn't look that good yesterday. Time will tell I guess, but I agree they have improved since last years team.

I totally agree, they look like a young hungry team. But how long will that last ? Their D looks good, but have been exposed for alot of flaws with fast elusive players, the monster im not sold on, he played bad in the pre-season and didn't look that good yesterday. Time will tell I guess, but I agree they have improved since last years team.

I think the Leafs will contend for a playoff spot. They don't have elite talent (although their D and goaltending are above average), but they seem to be playing well as a team.

I am rooting for the Leafs to do well this year. Other than the Wings, I probably watch the Leafs most of the time.