• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Z Winged Dangler

Leafs are in 1st place overall!

Rate this topic

For the record they had 14 shots on goal last night.

That is just abysmal.

They broke out the defensive shell late in the 2nd period. Didn't even attempt to create offense in the 3rd. I was shocked they held on. Gustavsson made a bunch of huge saves.

Even though it is the Loafs..

On paper they have a squad that should get them in the playoffs. Whether or not they Toronto Maple Leaf the rest of the season or not is yet to be seen, but sooner or later they've gotta do something with one of these perennial-flopper teams.

The biggest difference I see in the team is that the bottom-six are far superior to last year's team. Good PK forwards and guys that bust their tails.

Oh, and no Vesa Toskala is huge.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Leafs are having a huge 2nd period, 3 unanswered goals and look like they got the Rags on their heels for the most part. Very good hustle.

Looks like Gaborik got injured again. I didn't see what happened but it sounds like it happened earlier in the second.

Even though it is the Loafs..

On paper they have a squad that should get them in the playoffs. Whether or not they Toronto Maple Leaf the rest of the season or not is yet to be seen, but sooner or later they've gotta do something with one of these perennial-flopper teams.

:blink:

That was a really entertaining game; lots of momentum swings. I wish Komisarek would've done something worse in his retaliation to Avery. Giguere also came up huge right at the end of the third with that split second pad save.

They still play two more games in the next couple weeks, so there will be lots of time for that if one of the games is a blowout.

besides the wings, i've watched all leafs games. they aren't that bad. they almost gave up the game last night, but stayed together and played till the end.

like someone memtioned, giguere did have an amazing save towards the end of the game

Edited by hokeychik22

Guest Hatethedrake!

I could be wrong but I believe this is excerpt is from Nostradamus's 8th quatrain...

THE BLUE MEN WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES

AND BE TRIUMPHANT OVER THE RED AND BLACK BIRDS

THE FRENCH ARMY SHALL BE JEALOUS

AND SWEAR REVENGE BY EXACTING A HEAVY PRICE ON ITS ENEMIES IN NEW YORK

THE BLUE MEN WILL ASSUME ABSOLUTE POWER

OVER THE REST OF THE WORLD

AND THE DEVIL WILL AWAIT WITH HIS 9 MEN

TRYING TO PUT HIS RULER BACK TOGETHER AGAIN

THE RED BIRDS WILL STORM SOME MORE

IN SPRING TIME THE MULE WILL SCORE

THE BLUE BIRDS WILL VANQUISH TO HELL

THE WORLD FOR A TIME WILL BE WELL

I mean it could be nothing but this is what I recall. Was Nostradamus a hockey fan?

good for the Leafs. if they stay healthy i think they'll contend for a playoff spot. As annoying as their fans can be, its always good to see cities that are crazy about hockey have a playoff contending team. The Toronto fans deserve it. With all that said, Brett Lebda r00ls and is the reason they're defense are a bunch of stalwarts.

If the Wings can't win it all, I'd like to see the Leafs do it. They haven't had a Cup since I was a kid.

If they're still in first in a month, I'll sit up and take notice. For now, I'll just consider it a cosmic practical joke.

Let's not get too excited for Leafs fans, every year a few teams go undefeated or have really hot starts and often completely miss playoffs. I don't expect Toronto to have THAT great of a turnaround year.

However, I do really like how the Leaf fans stuck with their team through so many years of terrible teams. They're really excellent hockey fans.