• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heaten

Kindl looking good

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Much better than I thought he would do, he's lookin' pretty good out there. He seems to pass well and sees the ice well. He has brain farts every now and then, but overall, I think he's going to do well this year (if he keeps it up and Wings get healthy).

Thoughts?

He's doing pretty well for a rookie by my standards. He has some mistakes, but that's mostly adjusting to a new team. He sorta looks like a less skilled Lidstrom to me. I'm hoping he starts putting up some points sometime soon, his shot seems perfect for tips.

wow.... didn't realize that the same year Kindl was taken 19th overall, Paul Stastny was taken 44th and Helm was a 5th rounder...

anyhow, I have always thought that Kindl was a wasted first round pick, especially one that high, but hopefully he turns those rookie mistakes into something great. It's hard to live up to being a first round pick, its easy to be a 5th rounder... A bunch of folks missed out on Stastny, and the way Helm as been so far in his NHL career, he could've gone in the first round, he's doing much better than Sasha Pokulok...

Edited by LeftWinger

I'm definitely higher on Kindl than I am Ericsson. There's just nothing I appreciate about Ericsson's game. I wouldn't be at all opposed to see Stuart or Salei pair with him once Raffi's back.

I wouldn't say he's better than Salei yet, but he definitely gives us hope for the future. Ericsson still could develop into a decent D-man but it's looking pretty unlikely, though the season is still early. Right now I'd put the depth chart at:

Lidstrom

Rafalski

Kronwall

Stuart

Salei

Kindl

Ericsson

Before the preseason started I thought Kindl was going to be fairly brutal to start the year, but he looked decent in preseason and really was one of the few positives I took from the game last night. I'm pleasantly surprised by the way he's played so far, and yes he's very Lidstrom-esque (imo) in that he seems to make most of his defensive plays with his stick. Throw in the fact that Kindl's possesses a big-ish frame and he's young... makes ya wonder what happens to Ericsson if he continues to not play well.

Janik has done what they wanted him to do so far, now he just needs to make it back to GR once E/Raffi are healthy and he's golden.

Kindl's got a nice shot/pass. I hope to see him on the PP even when Raffi's back.

A couple bad giveaways tonight, but also saw Kindl shoving Wolski and Doan around on Phoenix's first line. He's really doing great out there and looking forward to seeing more.

Guest best poster in LGW history

kindl has made some mistakes, but that's expected for a rook. he's looked decent.

ericsson better get his head out of his ass when he gets back, or he'll find himself as the 7th d very fast.

I think Kindl looked great tonight. He makes a few small mental mistakes but overall he's very impressive out there. He seems very comfortable and he jumps right in to carry the play. What impressed me most is how he didn't screw up on plays Ericsson absolutely would have, for instance on some of the fast-paced, hard passing plays.

Been very impressed with Kindl. I can see why some were saying that a lot of his passes were taking his GR team mates by surprise. He does a lot of little one time passes to get the puck out of trouble. Once he gets the timing on his outlet pass down, he's gonna be a really good player. Not afraid to get his nose dirty either. That's good to see too.

I have been blown away by Kindl, I had very low expectations for him. I was never impressed watching the Griffins, and from what I read he sort of underachieved there. Watching the game last night he has awesome fundamentals to his game. He plays very smart, and makes great passes. The only mistakes I saw him make were just all the little things you would expect to see from a kid his age. Prior to this season I was starting to get a feeling he was a bit of a bust, but I would not be shocked to see Kindl live up to his potential now. Im confident in this kid.

I wouldn't say he's better than Salei yet, but he definitely gives us hope for the future. Ericsson still could develop into a decent D-man but it's looking pretty unlikely, though the season is still early. Right now I'd put the depth chart at:

Lidstrom

Rafalski

Kronwall

Stuart

Salei

Kindl

Ericsson

Agreed. I think Salei will be fine if he stays healthy. He is adjusting to a new system.

Kindl makes some bad mistakes, but he is a rookie. Hopefully he'll continue to improve.

As for E, having back problems certainly isn't going to help his progress.

Janik has looked just fine. So has Kindl.

esteef

Janik is fine for a plug, but he makes mistakes and has limitations that show why he's not a regular in the lineup.

I have been blown away by Kindl, I had very low expectations for him. I was never impressed watching the Griffins, and from what I read he sort of underachieved there. Watching the game last night he has awesome fundamentals to his game. He plays very smart, and makes great passes. The only mistakes I saw him make were just all the little things you would expect to see from a kid his age. Prior to this season I was starting to get a feeling he was a bit of a bust, but I would not be shocked to see Kindl live up to his potential now. Im confident in this kid.

Fundamentals is an interesting aspect. I don't mean to turn this thread into an Ericsson versus Kindl debate but did E show good fundamentals in his first set of games as a Red Wing?

Guest mindfly

I think Kindl should be the 6th until he goes really cold, ericsson must really earn his spot now not just get it once he recovered from back spasms

Fundamentals is an interesting aspect. I don't mean to turn this thread into an Ericsson versus Kindl debate but did E show good fundamentals in his first set of games as a Red Wing?

Good point, Ericcson was great in his first stretch of games and we all know how long that lasted. We will just have to wait and see if Kindl can continue playing the way he has, and I hope he does.