• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Zetterberg Slowing Down?

Rate this topic

Zetterberg Slowing Down?  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone else feel like he is majorly due for a goal? I mean, he's still near the top in terms of points but man I feel like once he nets one that he's gonna go nuts. Or at least, I really hope he does. I miss goal scoring Z.

Anyone else feel like he is majorly due for a goal? I mean, he's still near the top in terms of points but man I feel like once he nets one that he's gonna go nuts. Or at least, I really hope he does. I miss goal scoring Z.

Babcock should just rotate wingers with Pavs and Z. Maybe have a lottery on the plane or something. Homer gets the spot for the power play, but rotate in Cleary, Bert, Mule, Modano, Abbie, Helm. Hell even Miller and Eaves. Homer really needs to be getting less ice.

Well he has scored 3 and that didn't really cause him to go nuts. It's amazing how unlucky he seems sometimes though, like last night when Khabibulin makes that incredible glove save from his back.

Guest Heaten

Well he has scored 3 and that didn't really cause him to go nuts. It's amazing how unlucky he seems sometimes though, like last night when Khabibulin makes that incredible glove save from his back.

The shot by Zetterberg wasn't exactly a rocket either. Still a good save. Zetterberg doesn't need to score 30 or 40 goals... let him save his MVP performances for the playoffs. That's when he truly shines.

Agreed. but he had 7 SOG last night. If he keeps getting that many opportunities on net, they're gonna start going in.

I thought Zetty was slowing down last year. Playoffs he was better. It seems he's lost that really quick first step. However I don't mind him not getting like 90 points or so. I still think he's a mjor threat on the ice cause he can makes a lot of things happen. I really like him and Dats on the same line...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

I thought Zetty was slowing down last year. Playoffs he was better. It seems he's lost that really quick first step. However I don't mind him not getting like 90 points or so. I still think he's a mjor threat on the ice cause he can makes a lot of things happen. I really like him and Dats on the same line...

Agreed. That said, he is still on pace for 97 points at this stage..

He's been quiet this season for someone who's among the team leaders in points. It's almost like he and Datsyuk have reversed. Datsyuk is the goal scorer now and Zetterberg is the set-up man, which is completely opposite of what it was in previous years. I'm so glad Datsyuk learned how to shoot the puck, though.

Zetterberg is only on pace for 25 goals or so after last nights. He will probably have closer to 30-35.

Just to note, THIS thread was started in addition to an already existing game thread and wasn't locked. While I understand that I added links to my personal website as a means of self-promotion (which is something I have done numerous times over the years) I am not sure that alone merits getting it locked. I didn't post that just to direct traffic. I had stated my personal feeling about something in hopes of starting a discussion. I'm sure this will get me locked too. But, I am a little surprised and ticked that it took so little to lock my thread. Especially, since I am not the only person to create a thread that could be discussed in the GDT and also add a link to another website.

Edited by zetterbergfan

Guest Heaten

Zetterberg has been playing like a man possessed. He's been so strong on the puck and his determination level is very high. It's just a matter of time for his hard work to pay off on his stat sheet.

I'm really happy with this team this year.

Zetterberg has been playing like a man possessed. He's been so strong on the puck and his determination level is very high. It's just a matter of time for his hard work to pay off on his stat sheet.

I'm really happy with this team this year.

I remember seeing him struggle and throw off a few other guys during the game and just being flabbergasted at how physically strong he must be.

Yeah it'd be nice to see him score more goals but 17 points in 14 games and a +9? I can't complain.

Someone, I think zetterbergfan, mentioned that he's really trying to be more of a playmaker and that he's always been more of a playmaker especially during his days in Sweden. It's just that we know him as more of a sniper since he's come to NA. I think there's been a lot more emphasis on this ever since the Wings acquired Hossa and he got used to it. Is Zetterberg the sniper no more for good or what?