• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Zetterberg Slowing Down?

Rate this topic

Zetterberg Slowing Down?  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After the first four games of this season I'm yet to see #40 play as if he was under 40.

The way he is moving out there is either a lack of conditioning or he is burning out.

Yet weeks prior to the season Zetterberg said he lost 10 pounds and hoped to get a little quicker.

I don't know about you guys, but with the way he's playing, his time in Detroit could come to an abrupt ending in the next few years.

So let's get to the poll... What do you think? Is he declining early in his career or is it too early?

I believe it's a lack of conditioning in the summer, due to his wedding and a longer off-season.

Generally too early, but I've wondered for awhile whether or not he might have chronic back issues that have held him back some. Hopefully he puts the concerns to bed down the stretch, but I have definitely wondered that since last year.

The physical issues have to be hampering his play, I don't really know how to put it, but for most of last season and so far this year he just doesn't look like a goal scorer anymore. He seems to have lost that pure goal scorer "knack" and his shot looks weaker and less accurate. Ask anybody who knows me, I'm an absolute diehard wings fan (rarely post) and at this point i'll be happy if he even reaches his 70 points from last season.....mark this post, I hope I can eat crow come season's end!

I think he definitely lost a step already. With how he manages to stay up on his skates with someone on his back it must be doing something negative to it. Down the road I think a Foresberg like career is not out of the question, as instead of foot/ankle issues it will be his back.

Zetterberg started slowing down last season and I've yet to see him regain his pace.

ano...honto ni omoimaso. Zanen desu ne. Z wa gambate.

(Gomen desu ne. Watashi no nihongo chotto hen. Takusan wasuretta deshta ne, naze naraba America ni shabe nai.) Wakaru?

edit: ShanahanMansan, Yoyogi Koen ikimas***a ka? Sugoi.

Edited by T.Low

Guest Heaten

Did you copy & paste the contents from the October 2009 thread and the October 2008 thread to make the "is Zetterberg slowing down" October 2010 thread? I swear these threads roll around every October.

In April, May and June threads pop up that say "Zetterberg is a BEAST", "Zetterberg is a MONSTER", "Congrats to Zetterberg for his Conn Smythe trophy!!!".

This thread sucks. :thumbdown:

Edited by Heaten

Did you copy & paste the contents from the October 2009 thread and the October 2008 thread to make the "is Zetterberg slowing down" October 2010 thread? I swear these threads roll around every October.

In April, May and June threads pop up that say "Zetterberg is a BEAST", "Zetterberg is a MONSTER", "Congrats to Zetterberg for his Conn Smythe trophy!!!".

This thread sucks. :thumbdown:

Way to make good use of the archives. (don't look now but your join date is showing: May 2010)

Guest Heaten

Way to make good use of the archives. (don't look now but your join date is showing: May 2010)

Because the date under my avatar says Join date: May 2010 means that I wasn't here or reading the boards? Mighty fine detective work, sporty. Don't quit your day job. :blink:

I've been around here since 2001/2002... but that can't be true, cuz the date under the avatar doesn't prove it. :rolleyes:

Because the date under my avatar says Join date: May 2010 means that I wasn't here or reading the boards? Mighty fine detective work, sporty. Don't quit your day job. :blink:

I've been around here since 2001/2002... but that can't be true, cuz the date under the avatar doesn't prove it. :rolleyes:

There's no way you're the same Heaton that's a mod for seemingly every major Red Wings board.

All those years of lurking, depriving us of that sharp wit. What a shame.

Edited by T.Low

Guest Heaten

$5 says after the next regulation loss we'll see the ever-so-familiar "Lidstrom should retire" thread pop up.

(Gomen desu ne. Watashi no nihongo chotto hen. Takusan wasuretta deshta ne, naze naraba America ni shabe nai.) Wakaru?

edit: ShanahanMansan, Yoyogi Koen ikimas***a ka? Sugoi.

mijn liefdespier is zo stinky dronken Iers en mijn ezel is zwetend als een aapgorilla rukkend zijn moedersbroer tot is morserijen zoals een Nederlandse leidraad

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

With a wife like that at home, I can't especially blame him for not thinking hockey 24/7.

Don't worry, they've only been married for a few months still. Once a year, when the sex cuts down to once a week, he'll be as good as new.

edit: ShanahanMansan, Yoyogi Koen ikimas***a ka?

Sugoi.

Not bad man. Just need a little work on structure and vocab a bit. I think you meant "osoii" in your first sentence

as "omoii" means heavy. Also, you wouldn't use "des***a" with a verb. If I understand you correctly are you trying to ask why I don't live in America? Or are you just trying to tell me that you're in America so you don't speak much Japanese and you've forgotten a lot? Anyway, I'm here because I have a decent gig out here. Amazingly cheap health insurance, 30 hour work weeks, low taxes and pretty good pay compared to what I'd get in America. Yea, I'm pretty content....cept for missing about half a seasons worth of Wings games.....:(

oh and yea, I've been to Yoyogi Park many times. Hard to beat out the beauty of that place on a nice day.

Nande nihongo ga wakaru? daigakusei no toki benkyous***eita?

Edited by ShanahanMan

After the first four games of this season I'm yet to see #40 play as if he was under 40.

The way he is moving out there is either a lack of conditioning or he is burning out.

Yet weeks prior to the season Zetterberg said he lost 10 pounds and hoped to get a little quicker.

I don't know about you guys, but with the way he's playing, his time in Detroit could come to an abrupt ending in the next few years.

So let's get to the poll... What do you think? Is he declining early in his career or is it too early?

I believe it's a lack of conditioning in the summer, due to his wedding and a longer off-season.

Remember last season's playoffs?

If you do, then the answer is no. He still produces when it counts most more often than not.

Lol. Slowing down based on what? His outstanding 2007-08 season? Here are the facts. Last season he was nearly a point per game player. And his back spasms haven't been sited as a problem for a few years now.

I think he plays his game differently and isn't going to the net as much. He used to get a lot of his goals hanging out beside the crease or between the circles. Now he seems to spend a lot more time puck handling around the perimeter, along the boards, behind the net, looking for someone to set up. He is more of a playmaker than a sniper, and really always was. I have no doubt that if he and Dats stay on the same line, Z will have another great season, and all the naysayers will be on his nuts again in the spring.

Edited by zetterbergfan