• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#81 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

Anyone else feel like he is majorly due for a goal? I mean, he's still near the top in terms of points but man I feel like once he nets one that he's gonna go nuts. Or at least, I really hope he does. I miss goal scoring Z.

Well he has scored 3 and that didn't really cause him to go nuts. It's amazing how unlucky he seems sometimes though, like last night when Khabibulin makes that incredible glove save from his back.

#82 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:58 AM

Well he has scored 3 and that didn't really cause him to go nuts. It's amazing how unlucky he seems sometimes though, like last night when Khabibulin makes that incredible glove save from his back.

The shot by Zetterberg wasn't exactly a rocket either. Still a good save. Zetterberg doesn't need to score 30 or 40 goals... let him save his MVP performances for the playoffs. That's when he truly shines.

#83 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,130 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

Agreed. but he had 7 SOG last night. If he keeps getting that many opportunities on net, they're gonna start going in.

#84 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,902 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:17 AM

Z absolutely is due. He was all over the ice last night and was truly robbed by Khabby.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#85 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

I thought Zetty was slowing down last year. Playoffs he was better. It seems he's lost that really quick first step. However I don't mind him not getting like 90 points or so. I still think he's a mjor threat on the ice cause he can makes a lot of things happen. I really like him and Dats on the same line...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 06 November 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#86 Pepist

Pepist

Rookie

• Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

I thought Zetty was slowing down last year. Playoffs he was better. It seems he's lost that really quick first step. However I don't mind him not getting like 90 points or so. I still think he's a mjor threat on the ice cause he can makes a lot of things happen. I really like him and Dats on the same line...

Agreed. That said, he is still on pace for 97 points at this stage..

#87 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

So I feel like now Z can now explode for like a bazillion goals.

#88 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:15 AM

He's been quiet this season for someone who's among the team leaders in points. It's almost like he and Datsyuk have reversed. Datsyuk is the goal scorer now and Zetterberg is the set-up man, which is completely opposite of what it was in previous years. I'm so glad Datsyuk learned how to shoot the puck, though.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#89 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:34 AM

So how many goals will Z score from now on...?

1 billion, gagillion, fafillion, shabolubalu million illion yillion...

#90 zetterbergfan

zetterbergfan

Zetterbergfan since 1999

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:23 AM

Zetterberg is only on pace for 25 goals or so after last nights. He will probably have closer to 30-35.

Just to note, THIS thread was started in addition to an already existing game thread and wasn't locked. While I understand that I added links to my personal website as a means of self-promotion (which is something I have done numerous times over the years) I am not sure that alone merits getting it locked. I didn't post that just to direct traffic. I had stated my personal feeling about something in hopes of starting a discussion. I'm sure this will get me locked too. But, I am a little surprised and ticked that it took so little to lock my thread. Especially, since I am not the only person to create a thread that could be discussed in the GDT and also add a link to another website.

Edited by zetterbergfan, 09 November 2010 - 11:24 AM.

#91 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

Zetterberg has been playing like a man possessed. He's been so strong on the puck and his determination level is very high. It's just a matter of time for his hard work to pay off on his stat sheet.

I'm really happy with this team this year.

#92 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

Zetterberg has been playing like a man possessed. He's been so strong on the puck and his determination level is very high. It's just a matter of time for his hard work to pay off on his stat sheet.

I'm really happy with this team this year.

I remember seeing him struggle and throw off a few other guys during the game and just being flabbergasted at how physically strong he must be.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#93 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 01:59 AM

He very quietly leads the team in points. Good for him.

#94 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:46 AM

Yeah it'd be nice to see him score more goals but 17 points in 14 games and a +9? I can't complain.

#95 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:51 AM

Yeah it'd be nice to see him score more goals but 17 points in 14 games and a +9? I can't complain.

Someone, I think zetterbergfan, mentioned that he's really trying to be more of a playmaker and that he's always been more of a playmaker especially during his days in Sweden. It's just that we know him as more of a sniper since he's come to NA. I think there's been a lot more emphasis on this ever since the Wings acquired Hossa and he got used to it. Is Zetterberg the sniper no more for good or what?

#96 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:52 AM

Less assists and more goals please

#97 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,902 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

I'd like to see him score more, but as long as he continues to contribute in one way or the other and the team keeps winning, I'm satisfied.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#98 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:42 PM

Why say something stupid like that?

More assists and more goals please.

#99 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,130 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:59 PM

Less posting and more thinking please

#100 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:04 PM

With all the SOG opportunities he's getting I'm surprised he's not in the top 5 in scoring by now. He's had some really good chances. Hopefully the goals start coming for him soon.