• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#101 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:06 PM

The Euro Twins haven't been particularly good as of late. However, Z still had a fairly nice goal against STL last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWFZyZ__92s

Posted Image

:thumbup:

#102 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

i cant complain with his points but i miss 42 goal zettaa

#103 historywillbemade

historywillbemade

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:42 PM

Zetterberg is posting good points. Can't be too quick to judge on a player like Z. Looks like if he keeps up his current pace he will be on route to a season with total points in the 90s. Also, if Detroit can get their PP going then Z's pace will get a boost as well!

Don't underestimate the beard!
”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.” - Jacques Plante

”It takes brains. It's not like a forward, where you can get away with scoring and not play defense. On defense you have to be thinking.” - Chris Chelios

#104 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:49 AM

i cant complain with his points but i miss 42 goal zettaa

So do I.

Maybe it's simply because teams defend him that much harder. Maybe it's because his desire isn't as insane as it was. Maybe he just wants to be a playmaker. I'm not sure.

Right now, I'm not as overly excited with Z as I was but that's okay for now. If the Wings win and I have to adjust to watching a slightly different kind of Zetterberg then I'm sure his biggest fans including myself will adjust over time.

#105 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:16 AM

This is a really dumb poll. When I found out it was made 4 games in, that made it even dumber.

#106 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

Maybe he just wants to be a playmaker. I'm not sure.

didn't he say recently that he wanted to score 50 eventually

#107 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:48 AM

This is a really dumb poll. When I found out it was made 4 games in, that made it even dumber.

In 4 years of posting you haven't got used to that? :P

Soon as the Wings face the slightest bit of adversity there's always a group of people who want to throw players under the bus. The joys of bandwagon and knee-jerk. ;)

#108 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

So do I.

Maybe it's simply because teams defend him that much harder. Maybe it's because his desire isn't as insane as it was. Maybe he just wants to be a playmaker. I'm not sure.

Right now, I'm not as overly excited with Z as I was but that's okay for now. If the Wings win and I have to adjust to watching a slightly different kind of Zetterberg then I'm sure his biggest fans including myself will adjust over time.

That's the thing though...with the current state of the team, he doesn't need to be 42-Goal Z like he once was. This is by far the most balanced and potent team the Wings have had since the lockout, and with that comes reduced ice-time for stars simply because its not needed. Guys like Z shouldn't be getting insane amounts of minutes as long as the team stays healthy and continues to get balanced scoring. We all knew coming into the season that the Wings were deepest team up front and its showing. Babs isn't about to overly stick Z out there to pot a few extra goals because it will wear him down in the process. The more leads the Wings rush out to, the more were going to see the 3rd and 4th lines, and with good reason.

In fact, I'm quite impressed with the Z-D-H lines' production thus far *given* the balanced scoring attack the Wings have shown these first 16 games.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#109 going_top_shelf

going_top_shelf

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

I don't care what anyone says. Hank is a goal scorer. I want to see him score goals. Let Pav make the plays.

#110 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:24 PM

I don't care what anyone says. Hank is a goal scorer. I want to see him score goals. Let Pav make the plays.

Pav is finally using his shot and Hank is passing better than he ever has. Logic states the pair is better with them both being shooters and passers rather than one or the other. Hank's game has evolved and so has Pav's. Balance between the two will be far more effective than the former scenario.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#111 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

What does it matter??? Both play two-way, score, are play-makers, and on the same line. Let them feed off each other... Points are points last time I checked

Edited by Rivalred, 19 November 2010 - 01:18 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#112 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

Does he appear to be playing with a little less vigor than he showed in 06-07 and 07-08?

#113 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:21 AM

Does he appear to be playing with a little less vigor than he showed in 06-07 and 07-08?

Surprise, surprise. One bad game and here they come.
Posted Image

#114 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:20 AM

Surprise, surprise. One bad game and here they come.

Well, no, not really. I was just asking a question. Just because he may not be playing with the same energy in the past doesn't necessarily mean he's playing bad.

#115 hokeychik22

hokeychik22

leapin' lou fontinato

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:16 AM

as of the last few games, it seems like most of the team is slowing down.

#116 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:06 PM

Thankfully, I haven't been able to see the last couple of games to warrant if this is valid. But from what I've heard/read, we haven't been playing very strong as a whole as of late.

Edited by lookalive07, 09 December 2010 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

#117 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:05 PM

as of the last few games, it seems like most of the team is slowing down.

Except for Datsyuk, god dang it that guy is amazing..

#118 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

I noticed in the game against NJ that he moved/skated with a little more confidence. There were time where he hogged the puck a little bit and I actually liked to see that from him for now.

#119 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:41 PM

Glad to see him racking up the assists, but I wish he was scoring a bit more.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#120 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

The next Yzerman. :ph34r: