Red Wings are going to be just fine

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 jacksonbrowne

jacksonbrowne

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:20 AM

:thumbup: This is my first post new to this forum, have been a Red Wings fan for many many years. The season just started not worried that the wings did not look sharp tonight, its a long season they will be just fine. Go Red Wings.

#2 3chrisosgood0

3chrisosgood0

Rookie

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

Agreed, we ll be fine our season is not defined by game 4 of an 82 game season, look at the bright side we are not penguins fans
You cannot stop us
You cannot bring us down
Never give up
We go on and on
You'll never break us
Never bring us down
We are alive! - The Offspring
GO WINGS!

#3 VanDer

VanDer

Irish Wing!

• PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:08 AM

:thumbup: This is my first post new to this forum, have been a Red Wings fan for many many years. The season just started not worried that the wings did not look sharp tonight, its a long season they will be just fine. Go Red Wings.

Smart first post :thumbup:

#4 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

If anyone is panicking already then they're crazy.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#5 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:52 AM

What?? You really think it's not time to panic? Did you watch the game? It was a very badly played game by the Wings. I'm not sure how much you know about hockey (I'm an expert) but teams very, very rarely recover from a bad game, especially not when that bad game happens this early in the season.

Hope you guys enjoy the rest of the season, personally I'm OUT.

#6 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

What?? You really think it's not time to panic? Did you watch the game? It was a very badly played game by the Wings. I'm not sure how much you know about hockey (I'm an expert) but teams very, very rarely recover from a bad game, especially not when that bad game happens this early in the season.

looks like you are sarcastic... However, after watching last two games I'm not optimistic at all. I really feel bad for those people who bought tickets to watch that lack of effort in person. All the Red Wings players are proffesional athletes and they need to clearly understand who are they playing for. Obviously, they need additional push from our coaches to start playing with some kind of urgency. And this is a bad thing. Practially, it means they don't care. This is unproffessional to say the least. Especially, taking into account the level of talent they have... it is not like we're talking about TML.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#7 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

Posted Image

#8 NvrFrgtRussian5

NvrFrgtRussian5

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:10 AM

Let me say that I am not panicked yet; HOWEVER, remember last season when we said the same thing? "It's early it's only game 3" "it's early, its only half way through the season" "oh s***...We might not make the playoffs"

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

Even the 2002 Red Wings were down 0-2 in a series. Even the 2002 Red WIngs got blown out once in a while.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:13 AM

looks like you are sarcastic... However, after watching last two games I'm not optimistic at all. I really feel bad for those people who bought tickets to watch that lack of effort in person. All the Red Wings players are proffesional athletes and they need to clearly understand who are they playing for. Obviously, they need additional push from our coaches to start playing with some kind of urgency. And this is a bad thing. Practially, it means they don't care. This is unproffessional to say the least. Especially, taking into account the level of talent they have... it is not like we're talking about TML.

Even though I'm not panicking, I couldn't agree more with the bolded statement.

#11 ACallToArms

ACallToArms

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:20 AM

Seriously, the Wings got it handed to them against St. Louis at the NHL Premier last year. Hell of a way to start a season. Howard was iffy until around December. Half the team was injured. We still got a post season spot.

I'll take what we have going this season so far over last season's any day.

I'm not worried :thumbup:

#12 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 09:45 AM

Easy!
We looked awesome games 1 and 2. We looked tired and lazy for games 3 and 4. The guys are re adjusting to the HHL schedule after being off for three months. Nobody here does their best work the Monday and Tuesday you get back from vacation- it just doesnt happen....but soon enough, you are back in the swing of things and they wll be too.
Of course they are professionals and paid millions of dollars but a job is a job so let everyone get their s*** together before pushing the "OMG" button.

They are just as deep and just as dominant as we were all saying three weeks ago when we couldnt wait for the puck to drop!
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#13 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

Comedian Lewis Black begs to differ. In his words, "WE'RE F**KED!!!! WE'RE F**KED!!!!"

Posted Image

Hehe, just yanking your chain. Right with you in agreement. Last night was a terrible game, but in an 80+ game season it's inevitable that you'll have a clunker game here and there, regardless of the team and how good or bad you might be.

#14 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:18 AM

And here we go again with the "we'll be fine it's only the x/xx-game of the season" exactly like last year... and it was pretty bad.

Edited by mindfly, 15 October 2010 - 10:18 AM.

#15 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

And here we go again with the "we'll be fine it's only the x/xx-game of the season" exactly like last year... and it was pretty bad.

We'll be fine. This is only the 1st post like this of the year.

#16 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

What the Wings didn't win 10 to nothing with no penalties? Everyone hit the panic button!

But seriously, it's only been four games, and they looked great in their first two. The Wings could have won their last 10 games in a row, lost their second, and people would start panicking already. They're going to have bad games. That doesn't mean they are a bad team, it means they are human. Wait until January to hit the panic button.

#17 Frozen-Man

Frozen-Man

Thanks for the memories

• Gold Booster
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Excellent post! Great comedic timing.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

#18 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

This quote came to my mind after the game last night -

"You think you can win on talent alone? Gentlemen, you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone."

-Herb Brooks

#19 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

Last time I checked they still made the playoffs, 19th year in a row.

We need to get a whole bunch of beers in your system and get you drunk and happy. You have got to loosen up.

#20 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:32 AM

Last time I checked they still made the playoffs, 19th year in a row.

We need to get a whole bunch of beers in your system and get you drunk and happy. You have got to loosen up.

It's not good enough to just make the playoffs or get past the 1st round, it's the final 4 or nothing.... yeah that's what red wings' is about.

Last weekend I had Liters of beer and it sure as hell didn't make me happy.... :zzz:

Edited by mindfly, 15 October 2010 - 10:33 AM.