• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jacksonbrowne

Red Wings are going to be just fine

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Let me say that I am not panicked yet; HOWEVER, remember last season when we said the same thing? "It's early it's only game 3" "it's early, its only half way through the season" "oh s***...We might not make the playoffs"

Remember 2006-2007?

Last time I checked they still made the playoffs, 19th year in a row.

We need to get a whole bunch of beers in your system and get you drunk and happy. You have got to loosen up.

He's only 13, you evil man!

Edited by Crymson

Guest Crymson

they play bad 2 games in a row and people act like chicken little.

Yeah, and then they call Blackhawks fans bandwagoners. They're still right, but the irony is amusing.

Edited by Crymson

I agree, I think this team does have the talent. It's not enough to have talent, you need to show up and play your ass off, and you have to want it more than the other guy. The last 2 games, and most of last year, I haven't seen that. The Stars totally picked us apart, they know we pass through the center in our own zone and they were there to pick those passes. I am concerned that it is time to change up our style a little. I feel like we have become predictable. Everyone knows we are going to the point on the PP, and everyone knows Homer will be in his office.

Guest mindfly

The last 19 seasons, 9 times made the "final four", 6 cup appearances, 4 cups, 10 times didn't make it to "the final 4" -- 53% chance the Wings don't make it to the conference finals/final 4.

Nobody should take the advice of a pampered negative nancy (riding the coat tails of this team's success) who just became a Wings fan (and shows quick signs of jumping off the bandwagon at the slightest bit of adversity) a couple seasons ago concerning what the Red Wings are all about. Wings can't be like Game 1 and Game 2 for the other 80 games. Pop a Xanax in your beer, calm down, and try enjoying games instead of being fault finding.

1997 tututut... i'm just pissed off, im an emotional guy the red wings' are a big part of my life so i hate it when they lose like this

Edited by mindfly

There's a big difference between venting and panicking.

esteef

i agree 100%. But when people are like "god hudler sucks, why did he have to come back?"

umm.... its been 4 games. not everyone can be a super star every night of the week. Even Michael Jordan had his bad days.

Edited by nate94gt

i agree 100%. But when people are like "god hudler sucks, why did he have to come back?"

umm.... its been 4 games. not everyone can be a super star every night of the week. Even Michael Jordan had his bad days.

This isn't baseball we're talking about here!!! :P

the worst thing is that they have enough talent to be on par with that 2002 Red Wings team...

Really? That was an all star team and I don't think we'll ever see a team in the salary cap era stacked like that. This Wings team is good, but no one will ever touch the '02 team. That was the only year I wasn't yelling at the TV non-stop during the playoffs. I knew no one out there was good enough to beat them 4 times in 7 games.

The team is going to have a couple games every year that they stink. It happens. It's the NHL... every team has talent and it is impossible to play with 100% effort and efficiency every game. Don't you occasionally have bad days at work? You get less work done than usual? That doesn't make you unprofessional.

Well, I'm not the best at what I'm doing :) Sad but true...

However, I got your point. I guess all of us remeber that 4-9 game against San Jose in the cup winning season :) I even remeber 1-6 against Flyers in 1997 season. Each and every season there are games Red Wings do not even bother to show up...

Guest Crymson

Well, I'm not the best at what I'm doing :) Sad but true...

However, I got your point. I guess all of us remeber that 4-9 game against San Jose in the cup winning season :) I even remeber 1-6 against Flyers in 1997 season. Each and every season there are games Red Wings do not even bother to show up...

The team got beaten 9-1 against the Sharks in early '07, too. But for postseason injuries, that team like would have won the Cup.

'06-'07 was, incidentally, a year in which the Wings started off quite poorly.

I would also state that I don't consider criticizing, ranting, or venting to equal panic. The Wings will make the playoffs (heck, with the number of teams that get in, you'd have to try hard to not make it in). For me, it's just the aggravating thought that I've just wasted an evening watching guys suck. I don't think they suck, period. But they sucked for the particular game on which I'm posting. I'm not a fan of hockey - just Red Wing hockey. I don't get any satisfaction watching the other team display great skills. To be truthful, when they play like they did last night, I usually watch something else, and just check the score occasionally. I suppose that makes me not a real fan to some. If so, then I've been a not real fan since 1961. And for some reason, I'll be right there when the next game comes up. So, please, just let some of us rant in peace, and try not to read too much into what we do.