• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Evgeny Artyukhin, still available?

Rate this topic

Kenny, get the guy signed up. At least we'll have a good 3rd/4th line guy who'll police the top guys and provide the Wings with an intimidating prescence on the ice. We have the skill and the flair and pace, but its that old school factor that is missing, never mind our PP is our enforcer tosh!! He aint enforcing much as of yet! Well i suppose 3 PP goals so far aint bad. Babs has stated he likes having

a guy who'll look out for his team mates, but to get on the Wings roster hes gotta be able to play. Evgeny Artyukhin fits the bill in my book. Who goes or makes way for him or A/N enforcer thou? tough call but unless we do something then we'll keep seeing this being done to

our top guys.

What I cant work out is that Raffi goes down for 3-4 weeks and instead of bringing up a potential top 4 guy to replace him the Wings call up Janik who is a stay at home guy. Id thro young Smith in and see how he does, at least the kid has great wheels to go with his high end skill set. The even mins Babs was going on about hasnt lasted long, Lids logging over 27 mins last night and Janik under 10 mins, im probably just letting off steam here but i get so frustrated when we dont try the good rookies that weve got. Whose gunna replace Mule on sat? are Abs and Drapes near match fit yet? if it was going by pre-season then Mursak should be on the plane now but he wont be. well enough of my moaning, they'll probably go and stuff the Yotes on Sat after all this (hopefully).

i always liked the guy, hes got some freakin speed too. too bad there absolutely no room on the team for him.

as far as raffi replacement they called up janik cause we already had kindl playing. he is the best out of the griffins janik 2nd best.

i believe abs may be ready to play saturday. drapes is on long term no?

I really wouldn't mind seeing Arty out there. Hes not really a fighter but he's a huge man who will fight after eh absolutely crushes guys. If we had him and Abby in the line up other teams would be keeping their head up alot more then they are right now. The guy can actually play hockey too

it would be sweet but will never happen

I'm with you guys :) Could you imagine those hits made at the full speed and targeted to the head of Burish, Talbot, or Ott. Perhaps to the head of Morrow or Kane as a kind of retribution?

I'm with you guys :) Could you imagine those hits made at the full speed and targeted to the head of Burish, Talbot, or Ott. Perhaps to the head of Morrow or Kane as a kind of retribution?

we are to classy, while they are beating the s*** out of us physically and cheapshotting our stars we allow our PP to be the enforcer (even if no penalty is called). Seriously I know this topic so so common on here it's old, but ******* A it has some merit to it. 08 we didn't play like ******* and we won the cup so please don't give me the too much talent for that buls***.

Guest Heaten

Who does Holland waive to get this guy: Helm? Abdelkader? Eaves? Miller?

Grit sounds good, but losing one of the above 4 guys sounds like a ridiculous proposal.

Guest Heaten

it could be time for Kenny to really earn his s and make a tough and unpopular call for the good of the team long term.

2007 = WCF

2008 = Stanley Cup

2009 = SCF

2010 = WQF

Holland hasn't earned his money? icon_scratch_head.gif

I'd trade my own mother for Rosehill.

could of had him for nothing. I watch lots of leafs games and the guy can skate just as well as miller. if it wasn't for draper we could of had a guy like rosehill and miller for the depth forwards... maybe next year unless a trade is made.

could of had him for nothing. I watch lots of leafs games and the guy can skate just as well as miller. if it wasn't for draper we could of had a guy like rosehill and miller for the depth forwards... maybe next year unless a trade is made.

He's no slouch. He can skate pretty well. Tough as nails. Artyukhin belongs in the KHL.

2 many double standards on here, Probie was indisciplined at times and sometimes a thug but we all loved the guy. Artyukhin is the sort of player that you'd come to love if he was wearing a winged wheel jersey. I could live some of his dumb penalties, if he had an effect on how opposing teams played against us, ie keeping their heads up and watching over their shoulders!! instead of them creaming our guys knowing no one will answer the bell.

When our post season run started in 90-91 with Bryan Murray we had 6 players who had over 100pims each and the team had 1940pims for the year, but we also had 10 guys who got into double figures lighting the lamp. 91-92 saw a rise in both,2050 team pims with 7 players surpassing the 100pim mark and 11 guys scoring in double figures with 5 of them hitting 30+ goals. So i would say the arguments for and against could go on and on, I just feel we need a guy on the team who'll make the opposition think twice and let our skill guys play more freely. Lets re-visit this in 2 weeks and see where we are then.