• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tdinc

Osgood, & Draper

Rate this topic

I love Ozzie and Drapes, They are a part of Wings lore.I just think their time is up.

I understand its early , way early in the season, but It looks as if his spark is gone for ozzie and drapes is injured..

D-mac has retired,

Malts has retired

Drapes SHOULD retire...

Osgood next....

Time to turn the page.. and bring the young talent in the mix...

Edited by tdinc

Osgood and Draper have earned the right to retire on their own terms. And who are we to tell people when they should stop playing if they want to continue to do what they enjoy and make good money doing it? I sure as hell would want to play for as long as I can and be an effective employee.

And before you or anybody comes back at me with something like "Management is way too loyal to old veterans!" perhaps you are right to a degree, but management could've offered a contract to Chelios his final year when he played in the minors and briefly with Atlanta. Management did not and concluded that he wouldn't contribute to the team enough to warrant playing time, even though he had some hockey left in him that year.

One bad game from Osgood and people are calling for him to retire already? One data point does not spot a trend...

Also, Howard didn't exactly play sharp either in his last start. Give it more time.

I gotta agree. Ozzy may not have looked great tonight but the score was a whole team effort tonight.

Ozzie may have let by 4, but I really dont think either was his fault. A screen, pass in front one timer, weak net-front presence by Kronwall.. I think it was a team loss last night, Ozzie made a few key saves while we were still in it too. That being said, I do see him retiring at the end of the season.

Sigh, here we go again...

Come on, it's not like Ozzie and Draper are playing a lot. If Ozzie was the #1 goalie, and Draper was playing 1st or 2nd line minutes, then yes there's a problem. We're talking about 25 starts, and 4th line minutes here! They're role players. Plus with Draper's injury, how can you criticize someone who hasn't even played a game yet?

1. I sincerely doubt the two of them are going to be offered one-way contracts next season, if at all.

2. Osgood had one bad game. A game in which his performance was made to look even worse due to the team in front of him. EVERYONE was bad.

3. Draper hasn't played a single game yet this season.

Honestly? Stop being so knee-jerk people.

Yea this is what I find very funny about the opening post. It's not like Draper is taking ice time from someone younger, he's injured! He hasn't played yet!

Just out of curiosity, who besides Lidstrom and Draper can still win 5 cups with the Wings? I don't think anyone has ever done that (all as a player), so it would be nice if one of them could pull it off before they retire.

Just out of curiosity, who besides Lidstrom and Draper can still win 5 cups with the Wings? I don't think anyone has ever done that (all as a player), so it would be nice if one of them could pull it off before they retire.

Holmstrom

1. I sincerely doubt the two of them are going to be offered one-way contracts next season, if at all.

2. Osgood had one bad game. A game in which his performance was made to look even worse due to the team in front of him. EVERYONE was bad.

Dude, you know that's how people do not roll in sports Internet forums!!!! Get with it!!!!

*shrugs*

i really don't see much benefit to getting rid of either of them. as has been mentioned, because of drapers contract situation, if he retired, the wings would get no additional cap space. so there is nothing that can be done about his contract. and as far as his play, he has been injured, so theres really no problem. there either. like has been stated, hes not playing so he isn't prohibiting some prospects development or anything like that. it does suck that drapers cap hit is so high. would be nice to have a few hundred thousand in cap space if he had a more reasonable contract.

as far as osgood, it may be that he is finally dropping off significantly. however, are there really many better options available right now? for osgoods price he is still a decent value. i don't think we have anyone worthy of calling up and i don't feel the team should give up any assets to pick up someone elses backup. and i don't know of any goalies that haven't signed that would be better options.

i am all for young players getting a shot. however, there is really no benefit to either of these guys going anywhere. however, both are at the point where any new deals will need to be very seriously debated.

Ozzie, Schmozzy. I seem to recall that when Howard was in net for the Ducks' game, the quackers played like crap. Mainly, they took penalties and made embarassing idiots of themselves. I know it will never ever happen with most of the Ozbad Idiots on here, but I was just kind of thinking that if Oz had been in net that night, he would have looked great too. I also seem to recall that each of them has had one "good" game so far.

Perspective? Anyone? Anyone??

So what else is frickin' new. :blind: