• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

Wings need a goalie

Rate this topic

Time to send Ozzie down the retirement road like Maltby. time for you to go, thanks for the memories and mentoring Jimmy. Take draper with you..........

Seriously though, He looks done. The past three seasons he's been awful. Our defense hasn't helped, but he doesn't look like he can steal a game anymore. Time to retire dude.

Time to send Ozzie down the retirement road like Maltby. time for you to go, thanks for the memories and mentoring Jimmy. Take draper with you..........

Seriously though, He looks done. The past three seasons he's been awful. Our defense hasn't helped, but he doesn't look like he can steal a game anymore. Time to retire dude.

Yeah, he was awful in '08 playoffs. Terrible.

Guest mindfly

Well if detroit is gonna have a great goalie say goodbye to atleast a top6forward or top4 defenseman... probably more.. because they have a salary of 5-7M

I like when the Wings lose b.c I know the next day theres gonna be 5 posts about our goaltending and another 5 about new lines. Seriously the wings played like s*** and no one knows that more then the players so lets get excited bout the next one and not dwell on a s***ty ****Team**** performance.

Im with the enforcer on this one. just because we want a solid goalie doesnt mean we need to pay 5-7mil, there will be some out there for reasonable prices soon. If we dont sign anyone else, at least bring one of the kids in to get some experience. Id rather lose because a crappy young goalie, than a crappy old goalie.

And before everyone continues to the bashing, I do agree our D looked horrible the last two games. Stuart played awful last night, s*** happens.

Wow people relax !Howard is our guy the Wings are just trying to give Ozzie some playing time .Howard did not have a great game against the Avs but he did have a shutout in the opener against th Ducks and he is our go to guy he proved he can play last year, he can and will win and steal games for us.As for Ozzie I agree his best days are behind him and I can't see him stealing games for us but hopefully he can play steady and get some more wins and keep Howard fresh .But he did not get the breaks last night the bounces did not go his way. Give Jimmy 80% of the games ozzie 20% and we will be just fine .

Typical Wings fans, season just started and having our first regulation loss of the year all ready the panic has started. People should realize that no one can actually go 82-0 in an NHL season, goalies / defense / offense tends to have bad games on some night.

Here's a little something for the poster:

BDD_panic_button.jpg

Ozzie first game this season and he got a blow out, big deal he will bounce back on his next start. His a veteran, as if that has never ever happened to any other goalie in the league.

I sure hope Ozzie doesn't retire tho after this season, he could be a mentor for Howard as his backup for an extra two more years.

* Past three seasons:

2009-2010 ---> Howard was the starter

2008-2009 ---> Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 (Ozzie was our goalie)

2007-2008 ---> Stanley Cup Champs (Ozzie saved us that year)

Edited by KrazyGangsta

The team didnt look good last night, but come on Ozzie cant be letting in 4 goals on 9 shots. Its impossible for a team to get any momentum when that happens. We didnt look good but we did have 30 shots and they had like 16. It seems like the team just has no confidence anymore playing infront of Ozzie. I think its time to go as well

Typical Wings fans, season just started and having our first regulation loss of the year all ready the panic has started. People should realize that no one can actually go 82-0 in an NHL season, goalies / defense / offense tends to have bad games on some night.

Here's a little something for the poster:

BDD_panic_button.jpg

Ozzie first game this season and he got a blow out, big deal he will bounce back on his next start. His a veteran, as if that has never ever happened to any other goalie in the league.

I sure hope Ozzie doesn't retire tho after this season, he could be a mentor for Howard as his backup for an extra two more years.

* Past three seasons:

2009-2010 ---> Howard was the starter

2008-2009 ---> Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 (Ozzie was our goalie)

2007-2008 ---> Stanley Cup Champs (Ozzie saved us that year)

Last night wasn't his first start of the year.

Last night wasn't his first start of the year.

You are right my bad, he played against the Hawks and let in 2 goals saving 26 out of 28 shots.

* The guy had one bad game just relax people.

Edited by KrazyGangsta

4 goals on 9 shots. Ozzy needs to go so we can have a legitimate backup goalie and our team wont have their confidence shot down when a shaky goalie is in net.

We also don't want to overplay Howard again which I can see happening with Ozzy.

Guest Shoreline

Cool story bro.

The team didnt look good last night, but come on Ozzie cant be letting in 4 goals on 9 shots. Its impossible for a team to get any momentum when that happens.

It's impossible for a team to get any momentum when they completely ignore Loui Eriksson standing at the edge of the crease, despite him being within feet of Nick Lidstrom, Brad Stuart, and Henrik Zetterberg.

And if teams can't get momentum when pucks are flying in through screens and off defensemen then they should probably find a new profession because that's what 90% of hockey is.

I think instead of simply looking at a boxscore count and declaring the numbers unacceptable, you need to aim a more critical eye at the events as they unfolded.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I'm starting to think no one watched the game last night. I don't understand how a goaltender is supposed to stop a shot where he is screened and the puck is deflected by his own defender and a goal where the opposing player literally walked to the front of the net unimpeded while 3 Red Wings stood around. Ozzie didn't have a great game last night, but to say he needs to go is completely wacky, especially after 1 game. I'm putting the blame on the defense. They were absolutely horrendous last night.

This is sure going to be a long season on LGW if we are going to see these kinds of threads after every loss. It's 4 games into the season guys. Relax.

Guest Shoreline

It's impossible for a team to get any momentum when they completely ignore Loui Eriksson standing at the edge of the crease, despite him being within feet of Nick Lidstrom, Brad Stuart, and Henrik Zetterberg.

And if teams can't get momentum when pucks are flying in through screens and off defensemen then they should probably find a new profession because that's what 90% of hockey is.

I think instead of simply looking at a boxscore count and declaring the numbers unacceptable, you need to aim a more critical eye at the events as they unfolded.

If you look at the "blow the team up" topics that are infesting GD, I wouldn't mistake people for thinking rationally right now - boxscore hunters are about, it happens every season. What this more has to do with is Ozzie's always had a love-hate fanbase. People love him when we win and he sucks balls and needs to retire when we lose. Not surprisingly, there's a s*** ton of people who wanna jump off the bandwagon or blow the team up or find someone to hang after the first loss. Isn't there some psychological term for this kind of knee-jerk?

Edited by Shoreline

how many times do i need to clarify people about the salary cap. Ozzie has a 35+ contract which mean if he retires his salary still counts against the cap.

and about ozzie how many cups does he have? AND hes the backup and prolly one of the best backups in the league as far as success goes. and we have howard.

End rant

how many times do i need to clarify people about the salary cap. Ozzie has a 35+ contract which mean if he retires his salary still counts against the cap.

and about ozzie how many cups does he have? AND hes the backup and prolly one of the best backups in the league as far as success goes. and we have howard.

End rant

We're fine. After 4 games we're 2-1-1, that's another 100 point season.

End rant

:thumbup: Good rant! I especially like your opening sentence, that made me laugh.

I'm starting to think no one watched the game last night. I don't understand how a goaltender is supposed to stop a shot where he is screened and the puck is deflected by his own defender and a goal where the opposing player literally walked to the front of the net unimpeded while 3 Red Wings stood around. Ozzie didn't have a great game last night, but to say he needs to go is completely wacky, especially after 1 game. I'm putting the blame on the defense. They were absolutely horrendous last night.

This is sure going to be a long season on LGW if we are going to see these kinds of threads after every loss. It's 4 games into the season guys. Relax.

Agreed. Neither Howard nor Ozzie were near as awful individually in the last 2 game as they were made out to be. Easiest thing is to blame the goalies. It's lame. The defense and the rest of the team played terrible last night in particular. I'll worry more about the goalies when they consistently have bad games while the rest of the team is actually playing to support them.

Guest CaliWingsNut

It's not after one game. It's after a season of him promising more and not delivering. He has stated last year was a bad one for him, and he's not looking like he improved. I'm not quite sure what can be done (due to his contract), other than pillaging the Griffins. mad.gif