• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

Wings need a goalie

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

laugh_out_loud_baby203_203x152.jpg

You're funny, you know that? Thanks for providing me with entertainment this afternoon.

Your welcome. Nice graphic.

Would you like to contribute to the conversation, or just poke fun?

From the article http://blog.mlive.com/ottoman-empire/2010/10/chris_osgoods_time_in_net_for_red_wings_is_over.html

Just in case there were any doubts left in anyone's mind who the starting goalie for the Red Wings should be, Chris Osgood wiped them all away Thursday night.

Ummm Howard is the starter, Ozzie's gonna play about 25 games.

Also:

If I had told you going into the game that Detroit's defense would hold the Stars to just 15 total shots, I think you would have been very happy about that. Not with good old Ozzie between the pipes. What more can the blue-liners do than keep a team below 20 shots?

Ummm again, the offense only scored once.

Guest Crymson

Time to send Ozzie down the retirement road like Maltby. time for you to go, thanks for the memories and mentoring Jimmy. Take draper with you..........

Seriously though, He looks done. The past three seasons he's been awful. Our defense hasn't helped, but he doesn't look like he can steal a game anymore. Time to retire dude.

He played pretty well against Chicago, and several of the goals in Dallas were absolutely not his fault.

Who has the panic button image?

BDD_panic_button.jpg

Thanks

After a year of bad play, you would think he would come out with something to prove. Show people why he's there. He has not. Rookies don't get the benefit of a defense excuse, neither should he.

I hope you'll let me assume you didn't like the way he played in the pre-season either. I think he's looked exactly like backup in his games this season, he makes the stops he's supposed to and hasn't been letting in the ones that deflect or screens. The problem is that last nite... every chance the Stars had seemed to go in. It was about the bounces, not the goalie. It was a BAD GAME. Even rookies are allowed to have bad games, even Brodeur has had a bad game, even Roy allowed 7 goals in a game. Osgood will be the backup, he will play fine, and the Wings will win 7 of their next ten. I see more heart from Ozzie this year, he wants to play well but things aren't going right. He'll suck it up and so should you.

That's strange. I could have sworn I typed in letsgowings.com and not letsgohabs.com.

We have some of the most spoiled, entitled, bitter fans on the planet. If we don't win 10-0 every night, everyone sucks or is too old/should be traded. It doesn't matter whose fault it actually was, if it was one player having a s*** night while everyone else was doing their best to overcome it or if it was the whole team crapping the bed.

This is every. damn. season. It's relentless. We've played four games. FOUR. F-O-U-R. 1-2-3-4. Une, deux, trois, quatre. Uno, dos, tres, quatro.

Guest mindfly

That's strange. I could have sworn I typed in letsgowings.com and not letsgohabs.com.

Carey Price is atleast 4x better than Osgood...

(Individual skills, that is)

Edited by mindfly

Carey Price is atleast 4x better than Osgood...

(Individual skills, that is)

i would love carey price here. we have a future goalie playing down in grand rapids. thomas mccullem. disregard the typo. wings did draft him in the first rd. if the wings are drafting goalies in the first rd then he has to have promise. most goalies take a few yrs to show up at the nhl level. so be patient kids. osgood and his salery will be gone next yr.

Well Since Ozzie seems to be "Done" after one bad start.... Lets look at the other NHL goalies that need to "GO" this year so far.

Marc Andrey Fluery 0-3

Marty Broduer 1-3

Ryan Miller 1-3

GET RID OF THEM...... they are all DONE! <_<

Is this really a discussion 5 games into the season?

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Well Since Ozzie seems to be "Done" after one bad start.... Lets look at the other NHL goalies that need to "GO" this year so far.

Marc Andrey Fluery 0-3

Marty Broduer 1-3

Ryan Miller 1-3

Don't forget Luongo. He's 1-2, and let in a couple bad ones against the Kings last night.

Ozzy didn't look sharp against Dallas, but he played well against Chicago. He doesn't need to set the world on fire. He just needs to play solid for 30 or so games this season.

Guest Crymson

Don't forget Luongo. He's 1-2, and let in a couple bad ones against the Kings last night.

He should be forced to retire also. In fact, goalies who have bad games should be horsewhipped through the streets and forced to donate half their salary to LeBron James.

He should be forced to retire also. In fact, goalies who have bad games should be horsewhipped through the streets and forced to donate half their salary to LeBron James.

Why? he needs to retire too! he only scores what? 30 points a game? That's not even half of the points on his team!

Neither of our goalies inspire great confidence in me, frankly. Doesn't mean I don't like them. I just mean this I would never expect either to win a game for the Wings or do anything extraordinary out there.

But they are who we have. If the rest of the team wakes up and realizes they need to play the way they must in order to win, we'll be fine. Blocks shots, don't screen the goalie, don't deflect pucks in, clear the crease, don't allow shooters to walk right in on either goalie, it's going to go in. Just...show up.

I don't think Ozzie or Jimmy can play any better than they do right now. JMO.

Marc Andrey Fluery 0-3

Marty Broduer 1-3

Ryan Miller 1-3

How many of those guys let in 4 goals on 9 shots through 2 periods? Because if any of them did then your comparison would make sense.. :rolleyes:

Context comprehension ftl.

No what he was saying was stupid. hes comparing last year's Vezina trophy winner to Osgood who has been s*** all of last season and is starting this season no differently.

No one here is saying Osgood can't get wins, which is what he was cracking a joke at, we're saying he can hardly stop a puck anymore which is true.

Sometimes Doc you need to pull off your Homer glasses and realize not everyone on the wings is a great player, I know thats tough for you to do but give it a try sometime

No what he was saying was stupid. hes comparing last year's Vezina trophy winner to Osgood who has been s*** all of last season and is starting this season no differently.

Uhh actually he was pretty damn good against Chicago to start the season off. Or did you forget about that game?