• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

Wings need a goalie

Rate this topic

Most people don't take something into consideration on that 2nd goal against Pheonix (NOT a weak goal at all!)...You take an NHL calibur shooter, Yandle has an excellent shot, give him time to pick his spot, it's going in. I don't care who's in net, the god that is Jimmy Howard would have let that in.

Go watch the play again. Why was Ozzie going up and down from butterfly to standing up before the shot? Yandle had like 5 seconds to pick his shot before he shot. And even then, there STILL wasn't anybody to challenge him after he shot. When the puck went in, he was still alone in the circle...no red wing there whatsoever.

So your a goalie faced with an excellent shot giving him an 5ish seconds to shoot(more than enough for NHL players), you challenge, Ozzie did just that...the friggin puck went through a small, a very small hole he left top corner.

You would think people who watch hockey would understand that situation and say "good shot, good goal"...instead the people here cry "weak goal". /shrug

EDIT: Congo rats on 398. Only 6 to go to take over 9th of all time.

Oh I completely agree, I just wish people would give Howard the same benefit of doubt.

Oh I completely agree, I just wish people would give Howard the same benefit of doubt.

Such is the way of the RW goalie life. Right now, everybody is on the Howie wagon, have done left the Ozzie wagon and have branded him the whippin' boy. Ozzie did it to Vernon, Howie is no exception. When Ozzie retires, Howie will be the next whippin boy, and the people who praise him now, will turn their backs on him when lets in a bad goal, has a bad game or even a bad stretch, because all red wing goalies should be down right perfecto. Hence the whole "what have you done for me lately" stigma all RW goalies get.

Ozzie knew it, delt with it, and still performed 90% of his career. I hope Howie is ready, because like I said...once Ozzie retires...Howie is next on the fans whippin' boy list.

Edited by Dynheart

ozzie was good enough tonight to get us a win, like mickey said during the game, he played solid enough to win, not spectacular but solid. which is good enough for me, a "W" is the only thing that matters from a backup. the only thing i dont understand about him is why he comes so far out to play the puck sometimes, i thought we were gonna see some easy wrap around tonight