• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#41 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

I never said last season didn't count. I said his performance last season doesn't dictate his performance this season, which is completely true. Big difference wise guy. Has no goalie in the league ever had a bad season only to recovery the next?

Osgood has played in two games. How can you judge any goalie in the league after two games?

This is nothing but a witch hunt.

You keep repeating that he's played 2 games and imply we should forget his last year of suck. That doesn't work for me.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#42 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

You keep repeating that he's played 2 games and imply we should forget his last year of suck. That doesn't work for me.

You are essentially saying Ozzie is going to repeat his performance of last season. Based on what? The two games he has played this season? Do you see the ridiculousness of this yet? Ozzie plays well against the Hawks and the defense let him down against Dallas and all of a sudden we have a repeat of last season on our hands.

Obviously arguing with crazy is a losing battle.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#43 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

You are essentially saying Ozzie is going to repeat his performance of last season. Based on what? The two games he has played this season? Do you see the ridiculousness of this yet? Ozzie plays well against the Hawks and the defense let him down against Dallas and all of a sudden we have a repeat of last season on our hands.

Obviously arguing with crazy is a losing battle.

I'm not saying two games is my basis. YOU are.

He has not performed at a NHL level for a year, and keeps saying it'll get better. I don't see it, and we don't have time to wait on a chance.

#44 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

I'm not saying two games is my basis. YOU are.

He has not performed at a NHL level for a year, and keeps saying it'll get better. I don't see it, and we don't have time to wait on a chance.

I get Ozzie played bad last season. Everyone knows it, even Ozzie. Who is to say that Osgood won't play well this season? If you wanted Ozzie gone and it wasn't based on last night's performance why not post about it after his Chicago performance?

You keep saying last year, last year, last year but what does that have to do with his play this season? What has Osgood shown this season that dictates he will have another bad season?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#45 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

Chris Osgood's time in net for Red Wings is over

Just in case there were any doubts left in anyone's mind who the starting goalie for the Red Wings should be, Chris Osgood wiped them all away Thursday night.

In a 4-1 loss in Dallas, Osgood allowed four goals on nine shots in the first two periods.

Four.

Nine.

Any questions?

Last year his excuse for playing poorly late in the season was because coach Mike Babcock wasn't giving him enough playing time to stay sharp. Well, he has started two of Detroit's four games this season.

So what is the excuse now?

Oh, I already hear the Ozzie apologists chirping in: "Those goals weren't his fault. They came through traffic. It went off a skate. There was a turnover right in front of him. The defense let him down."

Wake up.

At some point, no matter what is happening in front of him, a goalie needs to make an unbelievable save to keep his team in the game. It happens every night in the National Hockey League.

http://blog.mlive.co...gs_is_over.html

Best article ever :D

Posted Image

#46 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

I get Ozzie played bad last season. Everyone knows it, even Ozzie. Who is to say that Osgood won't play well this season? If you wanted Ozzie gone and it wasn't based on last night's performance why not post about it after his Chicago performance?

You keep saying last year, last year, last year but what does that have to do with his play this season? What has Osgood shown this season that dictates he will have another bad season?

ozzy has 1 good game, 1 bad game
howard has 1 good game, 1 bad game

defense has 2 good games, 2 bad games...anyone seeing a trend here.

i'm with you right now. ozzy should be given more than 2 games before we throw him under the bus, and i'm in the group that wants this to be his last season. if our D stops giving the other teams free lanes to the net and screening our goalie for them, we'll see alot more saves.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#47 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:31 PM

After a year of bad play, you would think he would come out with something to prove. Show people why he's there. He has not. Rookies don't get the benefit of a defense excuse, neither should he.

#48 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

After a year of bad play, you would think he would come out with something to prove. Show people why he's there. He has not. Rookies don't get the benefit of a defense excuse, neither should he.

You mean like when he came out and won the game in Chicago? Oh that's right. That game doesn't count for whatever reason.

Goaltender isn't the only position out on the ice. A team that plays no defense and hangs their goalie out to dry isn't going to win very many games and that goalie isn't going to have many good games. It's hard to stop a shot from 10 feet out with the pass coming from behind the net when no one plays defense in front of you.

My brain hurts over the level of stupidity displayed in this thread.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!, 15 October 2010 - 03:37 PM.

#49 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

soon there will be a thread about the 1st line not producing....

Edited by mjtm77, 15 October 2010 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

#50 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

You mean like when he came out and won the game in Chicago? Oh that's right. That game doesn't count for whatever reason.

Goaltender isn't the only position out on the ice. A team that plays no defense and hangs their goalie out to dry isn't going to win very many games and that goalie isn't going to have many good games. It's hard to stop a shot from 10 feet out with the pass coming from behind the net when no one plays defense in front of you.

My brain hurts over the level of stupidity displayed in this thread.

He didn't win the game in chicago. He let two in on 28 shots.

#51 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

He didn't win the game in chicago. He let two in on 28 shots.

Posted Image

You're funny, you know that? Thanks for providing me with entertainment this afternoon.

#52 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

You're funny, you know that? Thanks for providing me with entertainment this afternoon.

Your welcome. Nice graphic.

Would you like to contribute to the conversation, or just poke fun?

#53 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

I believe I did both at the same time, which makes me ultra cool!

#54 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

From the article http://blog.mlive.co...gs_is_over.html

Just in case there were any doubts left in anyone's mind who the starting goalie for the Red Wings should be, Chris Osgood wiped them all away Thursday night.

Ummm Howard is the starter, Ozzie's gonna play about 25 games.

Also:

If I had told you going into the game that Detroit's defense would hold the Stars to just 15 total shots, I think you would have been very happy about that. Not with good old Ozzie between the pipes. What more can the blue-liners do than keep a team below 20 shots?

Ummm again, the offense only scored once.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#55 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:11 PM

I don't care if the Wings had the bastard child of Terry Sawchuk & Dominik Hasek in goal last night, they weren't going to win with the way the entire team played. Can't pin that loss on Ozzie alone at all.

#56 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

Time to send Ozzie down the retirement road like Maltby. time for you to go, thanks for the memories and mentoring Jimmy. Take draper with you..........

Seriously though, He looks done. The past three seasons he's been awful. Our defense hasn't helped, but he doesn't look like he can steal a game anymore. Time to retire dude.

He played pretty well against Chicago, and several of the goals in Dallas were absolutely not his fault.

Who has the panic button image?

Posted Image

Thanks

#57 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:32 PM

Mod should merge this thread with this one: http://www.letsgowin...-osgood-draper/

#58 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:44 PM

That's strange. I could have sworn I typed in letsgowings.com and not letsgohabs.com.

#59 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:16 PM

I hope you'll let me assume you didn't like the way he played in the pre-season either. I think he's looked exactly like backup in his games this season, he makes the stops he's supposed to and hasn't been letting in the ones that deflect or screens. The problem is that last nite... every chance the Stars had seemed to go in. It was about the bounces, not the goalie. It was a BAD GAME. Even rookies are allowed to have bad games, even Brodeur has had a bad game, even Roy allowed 7 goals in a game. Osgood will be the backup, he will play fine, and the Wings will win 7 of their next ten. I see more heart from Ozzie this year, he wants to play well but things aren't going right. He'll suck it up and so should you.

#60 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:23 PM

The second I saw this thread pop up I knew it was going to explode.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image