• Please log in to reply
231 replies to this topic

#161 Stolberg

Stolberg

you call that blowing?!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:40 PM

do you ever actually contribute to discussions? the only time i ever see you post is when you try to come in and be comic relief. usually you fail miserably though.

Posted Image

#162 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:43 PM

If Ozzie posted in this thread and admitted that we need a goalie, people would still not agree with the major premise.

He really needs to get his s*** together.

How profound.

Posted Image

#163 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

How profound.

GMR is known for being pessimistic and petulant, not for being profound.

Osgood gave up one bad goal last night.

#164 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

GMR is known for being pessimistic and petulant, not for being profound.

Osgood gave up one bad goal last night.

LOL.

And your magnificent obsession with GMR continues.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 29 October 2010 - 02:30 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#165 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

does it really matter how we got here or what Ozzie did in the past??

Babcock banished Osgood to the doghouse in the second half of last season. How long before he calls out Osgood again?? Better to trade Osgood and give a younger guy a chance.

I actually agree with this if Babcock chooses to go the same route as before. The team would be better served with a different back up goalie than one that is being forced to sit out because he's being punished by the coach. I really like Howard, he won me over last season, but he can only be expected to play so much. Yes he's young and can take it, but these back spasms are a wake up call, he's not a super human he will have bad days. We need someone that will be able to come in and play when called upon. Osgood did do that the last 2 periods last night, it was just the 1st that did us in.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#166 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

I actually agree with this if Babcock chooses to go the same route as before. The team would be better served with a different back up goalie than one that is being forced to sit out because he's being punished by the coach. I really like Howard, he won me over last season, but he can only be expected to play so much. Yes he's young and can take it, but these back spasms are a wake up call, he's not a super human he will have bad days. We need someone that will be able to come in and play when called upon. Osgood did do that the last 2 periods last night, it was just the 1st that did us in.

Osgood can win games if the team in front of him plays capably. He's unlikely to steal games at this stage of his career, but then few backups in the league can steal games.

LOL.

And your magnificent obsession with GMR continues.

To be honest, I always enjoy watching your freakouts whenever the mildest thing goes wrong. My personal favorite was your outburst of indignant, angry hopelessness after the 2008 trade deadline.

Edited by Crymson, 29 October 2010 - 02:45 PM.

#167 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:44 PM

does it really matter how we got here or what Ozzie did in the past??

Babcock banished Osgood to the doghouse in the second half of last season. How long before he calls out Osgood again?? Better to trade Osgood and give a younger guy a chance.

Who will you trade? Specifics, please?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#168 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

I knew as soon as the game was over, this thread would be bumped to the top of the 1st page. It's like clockwork.

Actually. I brought it back to life before the second period. :)

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#169 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 02:51 PM

If Ozzie posted in this thread and admitted that we need a goalie, people would still not agree with the major premise.

He really needs to get his s*** together.

So does the defense (not Lidstrom) and McCrimmon. And some forwards. Modano and Hudler for two. It's supposed to be a team concept. How much team play did you see out there, especially in the first period? Ozzie did not play well first period. Fact is, none of 'em looked all that hot that period but from what I read on the GDT, they all got better as the game went on.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#170 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

Ken Holland has got to get a good golie to detroit no matter what, remove a top6 forward or top4 D and get a top notch goaltender PLEASE

#171 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

Ken Holland has got to get a good golie to detroit no matter what, remove a top6 forward or top4 D and get a top notch goaltender PLEASE

No thanks Howard is fine
Posted Image

#172 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:48 PM

I've been a fan of Ozzie for years, and I appreciate everything he's done. He's come up clutch many times. However, the past few years he's been steadily declining. His ability to make timely saves has disappeared and he seems to get scored on in bunches and by poor scoring chances.

With his contract up at the end of the year, I almost hope he sees his decline and just decides to hang them up. If his poor play continues through the rest of the season I would have to push for signing a decent back-up goalie to fill-in while McCollum matures for a few seasons.

#173 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:27 PM

So does the defense (not Lidstrom) and McCrimmon. And some forwards. Modano and Hudler for two. It's supposed to be a team concept. How much team play did you see out there, especially in the first period? Ozzie did not play well first period. Fact is, none of 'em looked all that hot that period but from what I read on the GDT, they all got better as the game went on.

That's where it helps to have a goalie than can make saves while the team is playing poorly.

If he played better in the 1st, we'd have won the game after the team woke up and started playing better.

#174 Lord Stanely

Lord Stanely

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts
  • Location:North Central Iowa, via Chicago, via Adrian, MI; via Warren

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

I love Osgood and have for many years- he is in my top 5 all time favorites (Yzerman, Shanahan, Osgood, Sawchuck, Howe) But I gotta say last night was the first time I have ever been PISSED watching him play. I have always been OK with him on previous screw ups- even able to laugh at them- but last night just tourqued me something royal for the first time ever. I hope I never feel like that again with him.
Stuck in God-forsaken North Central Iowa with no hockey, hills, food or trees!

#175 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

That's where it helps to have a goalie than can make saves while the team is playing poorly.

If he played better in the 1st, we'd have won the game after the team woke up and started playing better.

I would suggest if the other four guys had played better too (no breakaways, better forechecking and defense in the first,) they'd all have been better off and probably won the game. We'll probably never agree on this stuff, but that's OK. Meanwhile, I appreciate the fact that you can offer points of discussion without getting nasty or petty. :thumbup:

Edited by Vladifan, 29 October 2010 - 06:31 PM.

#176 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

Osgood looks terrible. He's looked terrible for too long now. It's moved way beyond anything that could be considered a slump. Most nights, it's literally painful just to watch his positioning. He leaves massive gaps everywhere. 08 was 08. Those days are gone. Ozzie sucks now. It's painful to say, but I have ZERO faith in him.

#177 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:10 PM

I'm guessing you didn't watch the second period at all.

Posted Image

#178 RedWings Gone Wild

RedWings Gone Wild

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:51 PM

Ozzie is a pro and has been for a long time... he's seen seasons with a lot of playing time and seasons with limited games... But the fact that this team has a 8-11-4 record with him over the past two seasons just isn't good enough.. I would rather not see this team in the position they were in last year at the end of the season, trying to make up ground in the standings and guarantee a playoff berth.. and having a backup that can come in and get the job done is a big part of ensuring that doesn't happen.. I'm not ready to bail on Osgood's season, but I do cringe whenever I see him in net these days... Maybe the 400 hump is a bit of a psychological obstacle to him or something, but his positioning is painful to watch at times.

#179 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,049 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

I'm guessing you didn't watch the second period at all.

By that point we were already in a 3-0 hole. It's hard to win games when in that situation.

He played well after the first period, but he didn't help us any with his awful start.

#180 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

IMO, Osgood is tired and old (let him get #400 and then sit him.) Problem is, Jimmy sucks too. Wings need a big time player goalie, too bad the rediculous contracts do not allow that to happen this season. It's gonna be Jimmy all year, giving up 4-5 goals per game. I have never been nor ever will be impressed or have faith in Jimmy. God I hope McCollum is better than Jimmy. Although he is dropping down the prospects list...

Wings might have to make a play for a REAL goaltender in the off season...

Edited by LeftWinger, 29 October 2010 - 09:22 PM.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.