• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

Lidstrom Final Year

Rate this topic

Will Lidstrom Play One More Year?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Watching Lidstrom play this year, he seems to be playing very good defensively making some great decisions as he always has. His point production isn't the same but his defensive game looks excellent. I really think the short playoff this year helped him out, he looks much more energized then last season.

Do you guys think he will return for one more year?

What's your thought on Lids play fellow fans?

Have you watched any games this season?

His defensive play has been anything but good. He's already turned over more pucks this year than he usually does over any 4 month period. The pairing with Stuart has been a disaster in every game. He's not doing much on the powerplay either, although a lot of that has to do with Rafalski's absence.

I think his play will improve eventually, but I don't see him coming back another year. I think he has a lot more hockey left in him (look at Chelios), but he's too proud to play the game at a level lower than great.

doesnt he have 4 points in 4 games? PPG is pretty good in my book

he has turned it over a lot, on simple plays too. But so has the entire team. I believe he can play another season, but depends if wings win the cup this year then hes gone.

Lidstrom has looked much worse than he did last season.

I have a feeling he is going to retire after this year. Especially if his play does not pick up. His positioning has been lackluster (he ignored Morrow in front of Osgood last night and had to be bailed out), he has been turning over pucks more than most of the defense on this team, and his shot is incredibly weak right now.

Hopefully he can improve.

I agree that Lidstrom hasn't been particularly inspiring to start the year. The only (relatively) good news is that slow starts are somewhat par for the course with Nick, perhaps aggravated by his age as well.

and at the start of the season the players have to get used to playing with new players/returnees....modano, huds, salei, kindl...it's alot higher tempo playing games as a unit than practicing. i won't really judge too much before the 10 game mark, but like i said in the goalie post, someone other than franzen needs to hit the net with a GOOD shot. when my boy Z has a shot from the slot he has to hit the net. he's been great playing with dats, but ******* abysmal when it comes to hitting the net. 2 assists in 4 games is not what we need from Z.

Guest Heaten

I think Lids plays for one more year... But long term, I could see Lidstrom working tight with Hakan Andersson in European scouting.

I think he will stay another year or two. Hes still playing good, so I don't see him hanging them up yet. I could see him signing one year deals every year until he retires, it would be the safe thing to do because of his ago.

I think he will be ass trainer, anything less will be silly, who can show the coming def better than him?

That said i belive he will not return to sweden but persue a coaching career in the US. This is coming

from a Swede.

I belive Nick will become the first none american born coach ever.

Well speculatating ofc but prove me wrong.

Edited by Gaggster

I'm 99% confident that this is Nick's last season, regardless of what the team does this season. Nick's 40 and while that's not exactly old by Wings standards (Chelios anyone?), he doesn't strike me as the kind of person who overstays his welcome. Meaning, he'll do what Steve did -- retire when he feels he can no longer contribute to the team anymore.