No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heaten

Cleary Injured

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

Update:

Cleary Okay

Cleary OK towards the middle of the article.

Update on Franzen:

Red Wings forward Franzen is doing better after suffering a hit to the head during Thursday's 4-1 loss at Dallas but the Wings most likely will have to dress just 17 skaters their next game - possibly just 16, because Dan Cleary got hurt during practice when he crashed into the boards, and had to be helped off the ice at Jobing.com Arena.I'll update here as soon as I know more on this developing situation.

Franzen didn't skate, but is on the mend.

"He feels better today," GM Ken Holland said this afternoon.

Holland said Franzen went for tests today, but hadn't heard the results yet. Franzen was hurt 12 minutes into the game as he attempted to maneuver the puck and Fistric rushed him, dropping to the ice before being helped off

http://www.freep.com...urt-in-practice

Edit to add snippet

Edited by Heaten

Guest mindfly

I think they need to play injured a bit... it doesnt have to feel 100% perfect every single game... rafalski scoped his knee because of some pain... play through pain yeah?

I think they need to play injured a bit... it doesnt have to feel 100% perfect every single game... rafalski scoped his knee because of some pain... play through pain yeah?

That's a good way to turn a 3-4 week healing time to a 3-4 month healing time.

Glad Cleary is ok, is there a reason why they haven't put Rafalski onto IR? They'd at least be able call up some from GR for the weekend. Although Abby skated in contact drills and might be good to go.

Guest Heaten

MLive update indicates Cleary's Ok. So ... yay.

if you post the link I'll update the OP.

Yes!

Wow. A scare to say the least.

Per Khan(!)

NDALE, Ariz. -- When Detroit Red Wings forward Dan Cleary tripped over teammate Niklas Kronwall's skate and crashed feet-first into the boards at Jobing.com Arena during Friday's practice, he feared the worst, and so did the team.

Cleary had to be helped off the ice, his left knee in serious pain.

0Share 4 Comments But, 30 minutes later, he was fine, as a potentially serious injury was avoided. Cleary said he will be in the lineup for Saturday's game against the Phoenix Coyotes (9 p.m., FSN).

"I got lucky, it’s not too bad,'' Cleary said. “I thought I hurt it pretty bad. It’s a little sore now, a little swollen, (but) I’m not too concerned.’’

Coach Mike Babcock said it looked bad.

“I’ve done it before,'' Babcock said. "I remember the same thing, going into the wall, I’m just laying there screaming and being embarrassed about 20 minutes later that I was totally fine.

"Good for us. We need him. We can’t afford any more injuries.’’

The Red Wings won't have Johan Franzen in the lineup. He went for tests Saturday after taking an elbow to the face from Dallas' Mark Fistric on Thursday. The club is awaiting the results.

In the meantime, the Red Wings likely will dress 17 skaters (11 forwards, six defensemen), one less than a full complement, on Saturday, assuming Justin Abdelkader (ribs) remains out. General manager Ken Holland said Abdelkader will not be ready until next Thursday at the earliest, though Abdelkader said after Friday's practice that his status will be determined Saturday morning.

Babcock is prepared to go with 11 forwards. The Red Wings don't have the salary-cap space to recall anybody from Grand Rapids.

“I don’t think that’s any issue whatsoever,'' Babcock said of missing one forward. "Anytime you have 10 forwards and six D you’re off to the races, (less than) that I don’t like it very much. More ice time for the fellas.’’

Drew Miller replaces Franzen on the second line with Valtteri Filppula and Todd Bertuzzi. Everything else remains the same, with the exception of Jimmy Howard starting in goal:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Miller-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Hudler-Modano-Cleary

Helm-Eaves

Lidstrom-Stuart

Kronwall-Janik

Kindl-Salei

Howard (starting)

Osgood

Defenseman Jonathan Ericsson, out since last Friday with back spasms, has not resumed skating.

Edited by zombi