• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

I'd rather Stuart stop sucking--taking two penalties that lead to goals and being in prime position on the other two.

If Stuart wasn't taking stupid penalties, last night's game could have been a lot different.

Madonna isn't in his prime anymore. He's never been a shut down center, which is what 3rd line centers are predominantly used for. It's not something he'll likely feel comfortable doing.

No he isn't in his prime anymore, thats why he's on the 3rd line.... :doh:

And our 3rd line is not being used as a shutdown line, its being used as a depth scoring line. Now if you want to criticise them for not providing that yet (1 goal in 4 games?) then fair enough. But at least wait more than 4 games to do so.

And our 3rd line is not being used as a shutdown line, its being used as a depth scoring line. Now if you want to criticise them for not providing that yet (1 goal in 4 games?) then fair enough. But at least wait more than 4 games to do so.

The first line isn't really a scoring line right now, either. Two goals in four games isn't quite the six that the second line has.

(The third line has two goals as well, both scored in the opener; Cleary and Modano.)

No he isn't in his prime anymore, thats why he's on the 3rd line.... :doh:

I wish we'd go back to using the 3rd line as a checking line, like we did back in the day.

That way, Pavel and Hank wouldn't have to always play against the other teams' best players, occasionally having to sacrifice their offensive numbers to do so.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I like the little guy but man, Hudler looks like a monkey humping a football right now. ¨Pick er up Happy.

I'd rather Stuart stop sucking--taking two penalties that lead to goals and being in prime position on the other two.

If Stuart wasn't taking stupid penalties, last night's game could have been a lot different.

Lets get out the genie for this... as well as : Franzen, Raffi and E not being hurt. Goaltending doing their job, Seeing the Z of the 07 playoffs and Kindl having a few years experience. I think all these things would have factored into "last nights game being a whole lot different"

Stewie plays on the edge and has since he got to Motown...thats why he leads the team in bone rattling hits and often PIM.

Haha all during the offseason Hudler was the main guy you all claimed made the biggest difference in why the Red Wings weren't that great last season. I thought he was supposed to be Jesus?

It's been four games, dips***.

Also if you don't think having a 60 point getter on your third line makes any difference you have been paying too much attention to Hawk fans.

Guest Crymson

The first one was enormously weak. That said, Stuart has mostly been solid.

Might be off topic but I don't agree, I haven't been very pleased with Stuart's play this season. I don't think he jibes well with Lidstrom, for whatever reason. In addition to the penalties the other night he was also a culprit on the Eriksson goal (along with a lot of other guys) and did a really poor job checking Neal on his goal (although I thought Ozzie ought to have had that anyways).

Stewie plays on the edge and has since he got to Motown...thats why he leads the team in bone rattling hits and often PIM.

Yeah, Stuart plays on the edge...the edge of stupidity.

I don't disagree, but last game was just one colossal f*** up for Stuart.

i thought jiri has been making some good passes out there but honestly... the only shot i can remember him taking is where he broke towards the net in a game and shot it over the crossbar. him and filppula need to just start firing away eventually. be a playmaker, great, we need that. never hurts to shoot haha

i thought jiri has been making some good passes out there but honestly... the only shot i can remember him taking is where he broke towards the net in a game and shot it over the crossbar. him and filppula need to just start firing away eventually. be a playmaker, great, we need that. never hurts to shoot haha

The only shot I remember him taking was in the Dallas game when he took a one-time slapper that sailed and almost took off three heads and was no where close to hitting the net. After that I never saw him take another shot again.

Hudler right now looks like he has been out of the NHL for 5 years and not 1. Definitely rusty and looking lost at times.

Despite that, he is already on pace for over 40 points and producing the same as Zetterberg... With lots of time to pick it up. Modano, Hudler and Cleary have pretty much never played together so it would actually be a lot more shocking if they were producing at a great clip right now.

Hudler is less reliant on linemates than most Wings - he actually made Helm and McCarty into a dangerous scoring line in the 08 playoffs. Wouldn't mind seeing Helm bumped up from time to time as Hudler can actually do something with all the chances Helm creates.

Ultimately not too worried. He has been in perfect position to pot 2 or 3 wide open goals already and completely whiffed on them - a less rusty Hudler will bury those in the future.

It seems like hardly anyone is taking shots anymore. THey all want to be playmakers. Babcock needs to sit them down and tell certain players to just shoot the puck, including Hudler.

I'm not going to be too hard on him yet, because he's not making any glaring mistakes out there, but he's been largely invisible to my eye. He doesn't suck as bad as Williams but at times I'm reminded of how invisible Williams was. Frankly I think the Hudler-Modano-Cleary experiment has failed. It's early enough to where Babs could switch up the lines.