• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

Letang "blindside" hit on Comeau

Rate this topic

Just ignore its a Penguin....what do you think? Looks clean to me.

Announcers are freegin' annoying though.

Steigy and Errey are the worst. And that was just a nice clean hit by Letang.

It wasn't blindside, but it was an elbow to the head. A clean hit would have been Letang hitting Comeau with his shoulder, and his arm would be tucked in to his side. But instead Letang throws the arm out and catches him in the head with his elbow. And again, it's not a blindside hit; the only thing "blindside" about it is that Comeau is looking backwards over his shoulder. If he's looking dead ahead, Letang breaks his nose.

This s*** is getting lame. It was a clean hit. Comeau fell and didn't immediately get up, so it must have been a cheapshot blindside hit to the head. This is getting ******* ridiculous. Foligno of Ottawa got fined for a clean, hard hit on Patrick Dwyer of Carolina. I knew this whole headshot s*** would end up like this..every time a guy's head gets touched, there's suspensions and fines..ITS ******* HOCKEY!!!!!

It wasn't blindside, but it was an elbow to the head..

I'm sorry, but are you completely insane??? Elbow to the head? The closest the elbow came to the head was when Letang's elbow was next to Comeau's elbow when he hit him shoulder to shoulder, other than that, I don't see the elbow as coming even within 3 feet of the head.

This is the bad part of the new rule....you are going to see guys get 5 and a game like this for perfectly clean hits that would never have been called penalties in the past.

Edited by toby91_ca

It looks clean to me, but I have to admit that I'm starting to get sick of seeing another player laid out every night in the highlights. Don't know if Comeau is alright or what happened to him after the hit, but 2 weeks into the season and there are already over a dozen concussions in the league.

I think Ryan Miller was right when he said we need to change the culture.

This is the bad part of the new rule....you are going to see guys get 5 and a game like this for perfectly clean hits that would never have been called penalties in the past.

Totally agree with this. ^^^

It looks clean to me, but I have to admit that I'm starting to get sick of seeing another player laid out every night in the highlights. Don't know if Comeau is alright or what happened to him after the hit, but 2 weeks into the season and there are already over a dozen concussions in the league.

I think Ryan Miller was right when he said we need to change the culture.

Comeau is perfectly fine, I suspect he laid on the ice for a bit to try and sell it.

With the benefit of video replay, you can see that it is a clean hit, but because it was close to being a blindside hit, and especially since his head snapped sideways and his helmet flew off, I can see why the refs called what they did.

Comeau is perfectly fine, I suspect he laid on the ice for a bit to try and sell it.

Therein lies a whole new aspect of the headshot rule, " the sales pitch ". If they are going to boot a guy for a hit, they should, at least have to have a good neurological exam before they are allowed to put the receiver of the hit back on the ice.

The last thing I want to see is a player get a 5 and a game, and then watch the guy he hit knock in 2 goals on the ensuing PP.

This s*** is getting lame. It was a clean hit. Comeau fell and didn't immediately get up, so it must have been a cheapshot blindside hit to the head. This is getting ******* ridiculous. Foligno of Ottawa got fined for a clean, hard hit on Patrick Dwyer of Carolina. I knew this whole headshot s*** would end up like this..every time a guy's head gets touched, there's suspensions and fines..ITS ******* HOCKEY!!!!!

unfortunately when the league feels the need to implement the new blindside hit rule, its going to bite some good legal hockey plays. the alternative will be to remove the rule and then punks like Matt Cooke can take out star players without repercussion.

having a guy wrongfully kicked out of a game, or having a player miss a season via a blindside hit?

unfortunately when the league feels the need to implement the new blindside hit rule, its going to bite some good legal hockey plays. the alternative will be to remove the rule and then punks like Matt Cooke can take out star players without repercussion.

having a guy wrongfully kicked out of a game, or having a player miss a season via a blindside hit?

Can't we just get rid of Matt Cooke?

Just ignore its a Penguin....what do you think? Looks clean to me.

Announcers are freegin' annoying though.

That's clean, shoulder to shoulder good hit (though not "Spectacular"). I think the ref went with what he saw from where he was and Comeau's head was down. Good on Letang to get the shoulder though.