• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/16 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Won't be watching this one live at least, way too late start, can't see wings winning this one based on recent display on the ice and the fact they dress only 17 skaters and injuries to key players like franzen, rafalski etc. probably a 4-1, 4-2 game.

Ah, there's the mindfly we all know. No more positivity with the minuses gone.

Should be an interesting one with the Wings short bench. Sometimes teams rally around things like this.

Guest Heaten

I would really like to see Eaves on the 2nd line. I think his offense has a better chance to explode than Miller's.

Short bench will be a concern. Coyotes are going to make this a very physical game. Plus some of the bigger more physical players in Abdelkater and Ericsson are out. Doan will look to continue where he left off in the playoffs and will be getting some of his residual frustrations out by hitting everything that moves, Kronwall and Stuart better be up to the task for evening the playing field. This is also their home opener and they have stated they are trying to make their barn known as a tough place to play. Wings will need to score early and take momentum because if they get it, it will be a long night.

Edited by tjinaz

I had a dream last night that the Wings lost, but it was to the Flyers so we should be okay. But it was very depressing and chaotic how it all happened.

In any event, being that Ott didn't do anything last game (probably a function of the score) I guess it falls now to Doan to ****** it up a little. We'll see.

Mlive

...Babcock said forward Justin Abdelkader (ribs) will not play. Abdelkader, however, said he will talk to the trainers and was hoping to take part in the pregame warmups and possibly get in the lineup. That seems unlikely, though, and Babcock is planning on using 11 forwards.

"I feel pretty good,'' Abdelkader said. "Maybe even take warm-ups. (His status) is still up in the air. Coach said no, so I don't know.''...

My fingers are crossed.

Edited by cjm502

I still have heartburn from last night's baseball game (oy vey), so I'm hoping that between the game this afternoon and the Wings' game tonight, I'm feeling super-duper awesome sauce.

Wings win, Hank with the hat trick, this is old hat to you by now.

He is more bothered that his team had four power-play opportunities through two periods and didn't threaten at all.

"I want to see more motion, I don't want to see people standing still,'' Babcock said.

There were times where I swear Modano just didn't look like he wanted to move on the PP to help out. I'm not sure if Babs is talking about Modano but our PP needs work regardless.

Let's get through this one without sucking in our own end, please.

This. With all the complaints about goaltending, Hudler, Z, injuries, the third line, the first line, etc... I believe that our losses have been the result of very poor defensive play.

I'm not yet worried. We will pull it together like we always do.

Still not convinced about Miller on the 2nd line, but oh well.

GO WINGS.

Guest Heaten

Let's get through this one without sucking in our own end, please.

And without more injuries.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Wings 8, Coyotes 1. Helm scores 3 shorthanded goals and Datsyuk scores 3 PP goals. The other 2 are scored by Zetterberg and Eaves. The 10 Coyotes fans in attendance don't feel bad because their tickets were free.

I know it's early in the season, but I think this game will say a lot about the Wings this season. The past two seasons there was alot of things said like "It's only the ___ game", but throughout the season nothing really changed. If the Wings don't get up for this game and play the Coyotes really hard (because you know they'll play us hard) then my high hopes for this season will drop. They don't need to win, but they need to show a damn good effort. Go Wings.

Still not convinced about Miller on the 2nd line, but oh well.

I feel the same but Babs obviously doesn't want to break up the third line so they can get some chemistry going together.

Plus Fil and Miller played a good amount last year and did well so maybe they can make some things happen.

It's going to be an interesting game, that's for sure. I agree with the sentiment that the problem is with our D.

A team with Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall and Stuart (and heck, even Salei) on it should NOT be having difficulty playing defense. And yet, starting immediately after our cup win in '08 the defense has just fallen apart.

finally have a saturday off and will be tuning in to watch this one. Hoping to see Zetterberg and Hudler score on the way to a red wings victory. that would be fantastic. Any word on Franzen's injury..he has a concussion?? Any word on the length yet ?

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i guess everyone is having their pre game meals... :ph34r:

should be an entertaining game to watch!

I didn't get to see the last game as I was working, but my Mom said that "the Wings looked like when we play other teams and the Stars looked like the Wings usually do". Translation: Wings played badly. Stars played well. It's usually the other way around.

Here's hoping that the Wings are able to overcome the short bench and win this one. They need to have it sewn up by the end of the second because I have to go to work and I don't want to have to worry about them.

My pre-game meal: Mac n cheese.

Wings: 17 (everyone save the goalies)

Yotes: 0 (since they don't have Lang anymore)