• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/16 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Coyotes 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Damn Rafalski is missed on the PP... it was absolutely horrendous... Modano just isn't a good fit on the pp, but I guess that was one of the promises when he signed here, that he would get pp-time

Guest mindfly

I also think Howard needs to play the puck more and not cover it up every single time he gets it, he had plenty of time to give it to a player, instead he covered it up for a dangerous defensive zone faceoff, if coyotes wins it and gets a shot off the point that's always dangerous so he needs to avoid that.

It seems like the Wings like to teeter on the border of below average to average when it comes to having a good start. And as much as possible my comment is really just an objective observation. This is the way it's been for years. Not just last season or the year before but also during the year of the cup run and many, many years before that as well. And yeah I know they're not the only team that does that.

But I'm not gonna lie, I get sick of hearing "We didn't get off to a good start" after the game is over.

Yet, as I let go of all of those thoughts, overall I'm very happy they found a way to win.

Guest Crymson

I also think Howard needs to play the puck more and not cover it up every single time he gets it, he had plenty of time to give it to a player, instead he covered it up for a dangerous defensive zone faceoff, if coyotes wins it and gets a shot off the point that's always dangerous so he needs to avoid that.

If a goalie stops a puck and there are opposing players in the immediate vicinity, the goalie freezes the puck. I don't see what it is you're looking for.

If a goalie stops a puck and there are opposing players in the immediate vicinity, the goalie freezes the puck. I don't see what it is you're looking for.

yea, most of the times that I saw is Pheonix used their speed to get to the net quickly causing the faceoff. Howard did the right thing instead of throwing the puck to the defensemen and cause a turnover.

The Wings had a short bench though. It makes sense to slow the game down.

Last season Howard wasn't quite in sync with his teammates as to when and where to put the puck back in play. A defensive zone faceoff may not be that much more dangerous in certain situations.

Damn Rafalski is missed on the PP... it was absolutely horrendous... Modano just isn't a good fit on the pp, but I guess that was one of the promises when he signed here, that he would get pp-time

I'm gonna give Mikey-Mo a little more time to adjust before I pass that heavy of a judgment on him. Not flamin, just sayin....