• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ben_usmc

Does our "Enforcer" suck?

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

If this team's power play sucks, then there are 17 teams who suck even worse.

Of the top 5 power play % teams so far (only 5 games for the Wings so nothing to be proud or ashamed of just yet), only one is even in the Top 8, the other 4 can be found near the bottom of the Western Conference standings. Converting on the power play would be nice but it just got the boys 2 points and moved them into 4th place barring other team's above them gaining points/spots. The worst time to ask if something sucks is when the team wins specifically due to that "sucky" thing.

I was confused, I thought long and hard about whom you might be referring to... the only answer was Bertuzzi... and no he doesn't. Well maybe he does as a true enforcer but not overall.

The PP is a clever reference. My answer would be wins are what matters we have 3 or those and one OT loss, we have time to work everything out.

The op asks the question does our enforcer suck,...not specifically our power play.

I understand our power play is our enforcer, I also understand that our powerplay is the reason we won tonite.

However, back to the question, is our power play doing the job an enforcer by all accounts should be doing?

No,... no it's not.

In the first four games i've seen elbows, slashes and more than a few dirty hits

not one of the teams that did that is afraid of our power play.

What i've always hated about the pp argument is that if a team is down three goals they don't care about losing, so they don't care that our power play is our enforcer (see ducks)

it sickens me that the only guy i've seen stand up for other guys is our goalie and our D.

Guest Shoreline
In the first four games i've seen elbows, slashes and more than a few dirty hits

Wow, elbows, slashes, and dirty hits. Sounds like you saw a hockey game.

Guest CaliWingsNut

The power play and the first line are currently not clicking. I'm not sure what the whole issue is here, as they all should already be comfortable with each other (minus maybe Modano on the PP).

Homer is -3 w/ 0 points, and is already getting his ice time slashed in favor of Cleary by Babcock. I'm unsure if this helps, hurts, or just confuses.

I just hope it turns around soon.

Wow, elbows, slashes, and dirty hits. Sounds like you saw a hockey game.

youre a sarcastic ass you know that?

I've seen and played many hockey games,..thanks.

Blind side hits to the head while leading with the elbow don't normally happen to teams who can return in due kind.

Rafalski has been out a little while, as has Franzen. You also have a new point man in Modano. These are things they have to adjust to.

Yeah, I'm thinking having Janik, Eaves and so on playing heavy PP time needs some adjustment.