• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
VM1138

Kopecky is Currently a Point Per Game Player

Rate this topic

It just proves how good system the Wings have.

One of the best recommendation for a player is to be a former Wing I guess.

Check under Sammy,Leino,Quincey or Kopecky

The only person on that list I've missed at all is Samuelsson, and he seemed pretty intent on leaving. It does say a lot about the Wings' organization, though. A lot of other teams would really be kicking themselves for losing out on those guys, but the Wings are so deep that it's simply not a big deal.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I never did like Kopecky's game. The main problem with him is just when he was playing decent he would always get injured. His closeness with Hossa always freaked me out somewhat. It's like that whole Ace and Gary thing on SNL. Kariya and Selanne. Hossa and Kopecky. Cue the Boy George music. YIKES.

I thought it was Kopecky Toews Hossa

Put anyone with those two and they'll rack up points.

Agreed. His one goal was ridiculous. Hossa carried the puck into the zone and made a nice play that led to a great scoring chance, then Kopecky comes skating wobbly kneed towards the crease and knocks home the rebound into the wide open net.

Seriously, I don't know what he did to deserve it, but the hockey gods smile down upon him.

Playing with those two, of course he's getting points.

I've watched all the Hawks games so far, and if Kopecky had any talent whatsoever, he could easily have scored another 5 or 6 goals and racked up more points. He has been set up so many times, only to fan on a shot, fall over, get hit, or turn the puck over.

Every season for the past few years he has had a one or two week stretch where he puts up points, guess he's getting it out of the way early.

yeah, he's getting points, but still not exactly playing well. so many plays go to die on his stick. as others have mentioned, he just cleans up trash. i guess its not surprising though. hawks have been lethal on the pk the last couple years, and with kopecky out there, its like a PK too!

Guest Heaten

Well, the season schedule has been good to the Blackhawks and seems they are getting lots of powerplays.

Seems most of the teams they're playing are coming off back-to-back games including:

Detroit

Blue Jackets

Sabres

+

PLUS -- Blackhawks have played some weak teams... So there you have it, 50% of the games Chicago has played have been on back-2-back nights. Blackhawks gets lots of powerplay time and Kopecky gets top 6 on the powerplay. Kopecky and the 'hawks are over achieving due to the schedule. Bump this thread in 25 more games and see where he sits.

Edited by Heaten

Guest ChicagoMan

Yes, THE DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS are overachieving....right. Most expect Chicago to be 1-4 in the west, so I don't see how that's overachieving. I do agree though Kopecky always gives someone a grenade of a pass or can't catch a pass, but still somehow manages to get on the score sheet. He is a third liner at best, but he's playing with two superstars, so he'll be fine.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Kopy is a point per game player, and Toronto is the best team in the league. rolleyes.gif

Guest Heaten

Yes, THE DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS are overachieving....right.

The players from the cup win are scattered across the states... Atlanta Thrashers, Toronto Maple Leafs, Dallas Stars all say hi. I think Atlanta are almost as much as the "defending cup champions" as the Blackhawks are. Leafs are loving the Versteeg trade. Best team in the league so far.

I like the Atlanta Thrasher logo with the Blackhawk fitted in it, it's appropriate under the circumstances.

Kopy is a point per game player, and Toronto is the best team in the league. rolleyes.gif

Right, I was just going to say that. You know it's early when, Kopecky is a point a game player and tonight's game in Toronto is between two 1st place teams, Islanders @ Maple Leafs. :P

Edit:

SDavis35 sent me a link to this on facebook. Someone made a facebook event for a Maple Leafs Stanley Cup Parade on June 14. I got in a good comment on the wall :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103447322058

Edited by Barrie

Guest Stolberg

cheechoo-feature-storyzoom.jpg

This guy comes to mind.

you mean the guy that scored 28 goals playing with scott thornton and mike ricci?