• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jenny

Illitch "definitely committed" to new downtown arena

Rate this topic

Take a s*** all over Pittsburgh's new barn.

Ilitch is absolutely loaded and dedicated. If he is building a new barn for 2 major Detroit sports teams I dont see him building anything less than spectacular. Im pretty excited to see what comes together in the next few years.

Mike Ilitch is "definitely committed" to building a new sports arena downtown, and he would fill it with entertainment technology unlike anything seen before in arenas
Edited by cjm502

Guest Heaten

Fine by me so as long the boards are just as active. I love reading other teams' fans ***** about how active our boards are! :thumbup:

Little Caesars Center. Cant wait.

Not to pick on you, but I keep seeing names like this. It will be something outside of Illitch Holdings, because he won't make any money off of a name if it comes from his own business.

Not to pick on you, but I keep seeing names like this. It will be something outside of Illitch Holdings, because he won't make any money off of a name if it comes from his own business.

Why wouldn't Illitch Holdings possibly take advantage of such a marketing scheme? Look at Ford Field, same thing.

Also I still love the Joe no matter what most people think and I agree it will be very hard to say goodbye.

Edited by LOredwing248

Ya I agree with you! I still like the idea of Delta Centre (I know it has been used in the NBA before, but not anymore.) With Delta Airlines being the major airline in Detroit now, it makes sense. But another one to consider, and this could have a little to do with Grand Rapids being associated with the Wings, how about Meijer Gardens? Here's a few more to chew on:

Amway Place

Better Made Arena

Art Van 1/2 Off Centre (:lol:)

Bing Steel House

Belle Tire Hub

Deja Vu Centre

You have other companies like: Delphi, Dow Chemical, Faygo, Gordon Foods, Guardian Industries (Ironic!), Jiffy Mix, Penske Automotive, Roush Performance, Whirlpool, Ally, Lear, Visteon, Spartan Stores. Then again, Comerica Bank is now headquartered in Dallas, so who knows! I say Illitch should dump Comerica as soon as the contract expires just for being yet another Michigan born company that turned its back on us!

Ya I agree with you! I still like the idea of Delta Centre (I know it has been used in the NBA before, but not anymore.) With Delta Airlines being the major airline in Detroit now, it makes sense. But another one to consider, and this could have a little to do with Grand Rapids being associated with the Wings, how about Meijer Gardens? Here's a few more to chew on:

Amway Place

Better Made Arena

Art Van 1/2 Off Centre (:lol:)

Bing Steel House

Belle Tire Hub

Deja Vu Centre

You have other companies like: Delphi, Dow Chemical, Faygo, Gordon Foods, Guardian Industries (Ironic!), Jiffy Mix, Penske Automotive, Roush Performance, Whirlpool, Ally, Lear, Visteon, Spartan Stores. Then again, Comerica Bank is now headquartered in Dallas, so who knows! I say Illitch should dump Comerica as soon as the contract expires just for being yet another Michigan born company that turned its back on us!

Idk maybe it's just me but I think it's weird that you want to have a corporate arena name.

I sure hope he does not expect for the City of Detroit to pay for some of it like they did for Comerica Park. If the City was healthy I would be for it but it can barley pay for public services let alone paying for part of a new stadium.

Of course he expects them to pay. That's why he bought the Pistons. He's using the threat of moving the Wings to the suburbs as leverage for city funding for a new rink.

With The Wings and Pistons playing in metro Detroit you get 10,000+ people in that area 100 times a year, spending money. Like Illitch, the city needs to invest in order to stimulate the economy.

The man loves Detroit. If he wants a new rink, I say help the guy out. It will be good for the city and good for long-term revitalization.

Of course he expects them to pay. That's why he bought the Pistons. He's using the threat of moving the Wings to the suburbs as leverage for city funding for a new rink.

With The Wings and Pistons playing in metro Detroit you get 10,000+ people in that area 100 times a year, spending money. Like Illitch, the city needs to invest in order to stimulate the economy.

The man loves Detroit. If he wants a new rink, I say help the guy out. It will be good for the city and good for long-term revitalization.

AMEN. couldn't have said it better.

I agree as well, even though I know you are using numbers with the consideration of games not selling out every night, I hope that the arena seats at least 24,000. If they (pistons) ever return to the top of the heap and the economy turns up more, imagine the cash generating with 24,000 people 100 times a year? Nice!